Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Teknos111 has played all but 2 Open Tournies

Old
Teknos111 has played all but 2 Open Tournies - Fri Aug 12, 2011, 04:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
This person should be banned and disqualified. It is quite obvious that there is a team of players on this one account which is a clear violation of pokerstars TOS.

The account Teknos111 has played 52 of 54 open tournaments, the only ones missing are the first 2 of the month. It is not humanly possible that only one person is on this account. This absolutely ruins the integrity of the league.

These players have put up very good results but if you can play every tournament you should be near the top.

The mod's of the league need to look into this and in my opinion disqualify him from the league.

Old
Fri Aug 12, 2011, 04:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
THERE ARE LEAGUE MODS ??

Old
Fri Aug 12, 2011, 04:53 PM
(#3)
staff, mod, manager, whoever is in charge of this thing,

Old
Fri Aug 12, 2011, 04:57 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
lots of fishy goings on around the leagues..... but they dont seem interested in them

Old
Fri Aug 12, 2011, 05:17 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Reports of abuse and TOS violations MUST be made to support@pokerstars.com. They control the card room and they alone are responsible for investigating violations.

Old
Fri Aug 12, 2011, 05:33 PM
(#6)
ok I'll do that tonight when I have a bit more time

Old
Fri Aug 12, 2011, 08:43 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlms13 View Post
This person should be banned and disqualified. It is quite obvious that there is a team of players on this one account which is a clear violation of pokerstars TOS.

The account Teknos111 has played 52 of 54 open tournaments, the only ones missing are the first 2 of the month. It is not humanly possible that only one person is on this account. This absolutely ruins the integrity of the league.

These players have put up very good results but if you can play every tournament you should be near the top.

The mod's of the league need to look into this and in my opinion disqualify him from the league.
Whilst I can see why you've come to this conclusion, you may have underestimated the level of self abuse that some people will endure for the sake of a pay cheque.

Old
Fri Aug 12, 2011, 08:48 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
I woke up to register for games in the open league last month and go back to sleep.
Easy points for a while.

Old
Fri Aug 12, 2011, 09:28 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I woke up to register for games in the open league last month and go back to sleep.
Easy points for a while.

...ahem...

Yes, report that to support as Joe said....

..you kill me dirty cookie.

Old
Fri Aug 12, 2011, 11:12 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
TEKNOS111 HAS PLAYED 53 GAMES
SO WHAT ABOUT
SOPHIE771131 PLAYED 53 GAMES
1947631 PLAYED 51GAMES
FULVIO PLAYED 51 GAMES
ANNTTU PLAYED 50 GAMES

ARE THEY ALL TEAMS ???

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 03:54 AM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
ok I'll do that tonight when I have a bit more time
Strictly speaking tmlms, you are slightly off....he has in fact missed 3 tournaments. And up to and including the tournament taking place right now (1am ET), he will have played 56 of the 59 tournaments held so far this month. The three he missed were the very first three in fact. He hasnt missed ONE tournament since the first one he played which took place on August 3rd at 9amET. Yes there is a gap of two tournaments between August 3rd 9pm ET and August 4th 9am ET. But there is an explanation for that. The tournaments that were scheduled to take place at on August 4th at 1am ET and 5am ET were both cancelled as there was a planned server restart which took place at 7am ET on August 4th.

The same thing apples to sophie771131. She has played the exact same 56 tournaments as Teknos111. If you count up to and including the tournament taking place right now (1am ET), they will have played the same FIFTY-SIX CONSECUTIVE tournaments stretching across a span of 9 days and 12 hours. And they are there for each one ACTIVELY ie they are NOT registering and then sitting out the entirity of the tournament. Not only that, they have the exact same time bank strategy. When I played PSO before the schools merged, the common clocking strategy was to let your timer "go red" and then fold before your time bank was activated. What they both do is actually bleed their time bank to zero straight away. Why? So that when they do choose to play a hand, they can time out and have their hand CHECKED instead of folded, thus keeping their hand live in play. Dont tell me that these two havent thought their whole OSL strategy through. Believe me, they very much have!

On to player 1947631...the games he has missed are the 9pm game on August 3rd, 9pm ET August 4th, 9pm ET August 5th. That seems plausible. But then he doesnt miss another one until 9pm ET on August 10th. Then he misses 9pm ET August 11th. At least there is a slight pattern of consistency there. If he missed any game, it is always the one at 9pm ET. I would argue that playing 5 tournaments out the 6 available each day, day in day out, IS DOABLE by one person on his/her own without any assistance. You can do that and still squeeze in 5 hours of sleep. I would even argue that playing all 6 each day for two or three days (without assistance) is also doable (if memory serves me right, Phil Laak played for something close to 5 days without taking any breaks in excess of 30 minutes during that near 5-day spell). But to play all 6 tournaments, day in day out, for TEN days in a row? I find that to be "stretching credibility just a tad". It becomes even less credible when you see that Teknos and sophie are reaching the 2 hour mark in most of the tournaments they play in. It's not like they are busting during level 1 and getting a good 3 and a half hours sleep before the reg window for the next tourny.

For that reason, I myself chose to email support (sent on August 10th at 9am) with my concerns regarding Teknos111 and sophie771131. I didnt voice my concerns regarding the others who played 50+ tournaments because they at least gave the odd tournament here and there a miss. I also was more suspicious of those two due to their common nationality. I got a response from support on August 11th at 11pm. And it said the following..

Thank you for your report.

After a thorough and detailed review, we found no evidence that
suggests that anybody other than the account owners have accessed
the accounts. Please understand that due to our privacy policy,
we cannot reveal the details of the review but rest assured the
integrity of the event was not compromised.

PokerStars requires that each account is played by only one
player, and each player may only play on one account.

Of course, there is no way to control where that player might get
advice from; if they have a book in front of them that details
how to play a hand in a particular way, we do not prohibit that.
Similarly, if they have someone by their side (or on the phone or
whatever) giving them advice as part of some unplanned, ad-hoc,
arrangement, this is not against our rules. We certainly are not
going to prohibit a friend watching and providing some casual
advice at home.

However, we do prohibit deliberate paid services where the intent
is very different. Such a service is materially and fundamentally
different from ad hoc and opportunistic arrangements whereby one
player might have a friend standing behind him and providing
advice. Such a service would also be different to coaching
services offering instruction based upon hands and tournaments
that have already taken place. PokerStars allows coaching
after-the-fact, but does not permit ongoing and planned real-time
paid services.

Please note, in addition, providing or receiving such advice if
you are dealt into the same hand, is against the rules. For more
details about our card room rules, please visit the PokerStars

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/policies/

Thank you for your vigilance and best of luck at our tables!

Regards,

Johel
PokerStars Game Security Team

If you want to contact support tmlms to voice your own concerns, then I would go ahead and do so. But dont be surprised if this is the response you get.

There has been debate in other threads about "playing limits" being placed on players in the leagues. And what Teknos111 and sophie771131 are doing right now will no doubt fuel such debate, as I believe their "tactics" are "highly exploitative". Whilst the "turn up for every single tournament and play no limit clockem/no limit foldem" strategy can be very INeffective in the Premier League (if player comments that I have seen in the forum are anything to go by) due to the standard of player taking part and the lengthier gaps between tournaments, it can be a highly effective and dare I say it a hugely advantageous tactic to use in the Open League, simply because a very large portion of the OSL participants see "Freeroll $10 prize pool" but dont see "PS Open Skill League". Whilst I am dead against the idea of a rule saying that a player can play no more X tournaments per day (what if you can only play weekends because you are holding down a job for example?), I am not against the idea of imposing a monthly limit on a player, as this would at least help to prevent the "highly exploitative tactics" currently being employed by players like Teknos and sophie.

One final thing to say. I do believe Darkman's point is a very valid one. It really is impossible to know how far a person is prepared to go for the sake of a pay cheque. And it has got me thinking...

What if Teknos and sophie took a 1-2 finish and won $2500 between them? Would it really be worth it? Playing 6 tournies per day, folding and clocking every hand for 29 days solid, playing in such a way that it not only becomes tedious and boring, but also possibly a chore or, dare I say it, "work instead of play"? Yeah OK it is "working from home"....but is an "earning ceiling" of $1250 each per month (provided it works) really that good? Which is what the equivalent of about 770 GBP or 880 EURO each? It begs the question....is their participation in PS OSL now controlling THEM and TAKING OVER THEIR LIFE? And if so, is the net gain at the end of it all worth it? Yes the top isn't chicken feed, but its not exactly life-changing money either is it?

Once again, apologies for the length of the post. It is on sale at all good bookshops :P

Last edited by mcgameboy; Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 04:00 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 07:48 AM
(#12)
It could be someone programed a bot to play a certain way that would make more sense to me do you try suggest that to support?

Last edited by pokerstar671; Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 07:51 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 02:38 PM
(#13)
there could easily be a team of 3-4 or even more per account. To be honest I dont mind a little multi accounting ie. take over 1 tournament for a friend who went deep but had prior commitments in real life. I can understand that. The stalling I don't mind, I do it only when I get really short stacked at the bubble.

A long time ago August 2005 before it was illegal to have multiple players per account a group of 6 players players took over the Marcel Luske's pokerstars account. (1 of them was Noeh Boeken) to win a TLB competition. They played MTT's 24 hours a day. They ironically still lost the competition.

Although that bet was for 100k, ~20k to them might be the same as ~$500 to Teckno/Sophie's team. The group tactic isnt new but it was month long competitions like this that led to making it illegal.

Pokerstar671 - they would have noticed that by now with their program detectors.

Edit: just fyi I got this from stars about an hour later, not sure if you did but I explained what the PSO comp is cause most regular support won't know about it

Hello tmlms13,

Thank you for your concern.

PokerStars' policy on players with duplicate accounts is very
straightforward. Players are permitted one account only at
PokerStars. We believe that players who access more than one
account compromise the integrity of our games.

Please rest assured that we will examine these accounts and take
proper action according to our Terms of Service, available for
review at the following link:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos

It is our policy not to comment to third parties about the
accounts of other users due to privacy reasons, but we welcome
reports such as these. They help us maintain our high standards
for game integrity.

Thank you for your report, and thank you for choosing PokerStars!

Regards,

Will
PokerStars Support Team

Last edited by tmlms13; Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 02:49 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 02:50 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
TEKNOS111 HAS PLAYED 53 GAMES
SO WHAT ABOUT
SOPHIE771131 PLAYED 53 GAMES
1947631 PLAYED 51GAMES
FULVIO PLAYED 51 GAMES
ANNTTU PLAYED 50 GAMES

ARE THEY ALL TEAMS ???

quite possibly

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 05:13 PM
(#15)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:

Edit: just fyi I got this from stars about an hour later, not sure if you did but I explained what the PSO comp is cause most regular support won't know about it
I did explain the PS OSL to support when I e-mailed them...in particular the part about the OSL tournaments being held a mere 4 hours apart.

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 05:31 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
SO HOW DO YOU THINK POKERSTARS SHOULD HANDLE THIS ??
HOW CAN THEY TELL WHO IS PLAYING ??
AND YOU WANT TO BAN SOMEONE FOR WHAT YOU THINK THEY DID ??
WELL GOOD LUCK

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 06:04 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
SO HOW DO YOU THINK POKERSTARS SHOULD HANDLE THIS ??
HOW CAN THEY TELL WHO IS PLAYING ??
AND YOU WANT TO BAN SOMEONE FOR WHAT YOU THINK THEY DID ??
WELL GOOD LUCK

disqualified from this competition, forfeit any winnings this month and banned from future PSO.

Opening a PokerStars Account

To play at PokerStars, you must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your legal jurisdiction (whichever is higher). You may be asked to provide proof that you are of legal age.

You may not access PokerStars from any jurisdiction where it is illegal to do so.

To play for real money, you must provide your correct full name , your correct date of birth and your current address (including zip/postal code).

You may only have one PokerStars account.

You may play on your PokerStars account only, and you may not let other people use your account.

It is so dam obvious that there are more than one person, and they go deep in almost every tourny

Last edited by tmlms13; Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 06:09 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 06:14 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
disqualified from this competition, forfeit any winnings this month and banned from future PSO.

Opening a PokerStars Account

To play at PokerStars, you must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your legal jurisdiction (whichever is higher). You may be asked to provide proof that you are of legal age.

You may not access PokerStars from any jurisdiction where it is illegal to do so.

To play for real money, you must provide your correct full name , your correct date of birth and your current address (including zip/postal code).

You may only have one PokerStars account.

You may play on your PokerStars account only, and you may not let other people use your account.

It is so dam obvious that there are more than one person, and they go deep in almost every tourny

DO YOU HAVE PROOF THAT THEY ARE BREAKING ANY RULE ??
IF YOU DO SHOW IT TO POKERSTARS AND THEY WILL DO SOMETHING
BUT IF IT IS JUST YOUR THINKING THEY ARE THAT'S NOT PROOF
BUT TILL YOU HAVE PROOF I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD BE CALLING ANYONE A CHEAT
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR PROOF
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 06:48 PM
(#19)
pokerstars banned JJprodigy because of stuff he did on another site (partypoker)

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 07:05 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
pokerstars banned JJprodigy because of stuff he did on another site (partypoker)

AND WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THIS ???

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com