Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

kk in sb

Old
kk in sb - Sat Aug 13, 2011, 08:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
I feel like the guy just wanted me to fold after he reraised me. Should I have rereraised less so he would call or is it ok that I won the pot before the flop?

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 08:37 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
there's nothing wrong with winning it before the flop. Who knows... they could have had a weak ace and flopped one.

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 03:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstar671 View Post
I feel like the guy just wanted me to fold after he reraised me. Should I have rereraised less so he would call or is it ok that I won the pot before the flop?
if that was your read, i probably would have flatted his raise, hope i didn't see an A, and saw if i could get him to commit some more chips to the pot by checking to him,with the intent of a c/r with no A present. might have been a more +EV play, since that was your read. but as they say.... never a bad thing when chips get pushed your way. . just my .02

Last edited by mtnestegg; Sat Aug 13, 2011 at 03:15 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 13, 2011, 03:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
now that i think about it maybe i should have just called him and play it out from there probably could have won more cash, but also I think that he could have had something like a5suited like jwk said so who knows what would have happened. thanks

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com