Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

1979

Old
Default
1979 - Sun Aug 14, 2011, 04:12 AM
(#1)
johannfl's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 169
BronzeStar
http://youtu.be/rQQi5JaXHe8

someimes even in the middle of a tough tourney , i have to take a deep breath and think of something totally different, totally elsewhere,

is it me or did things seem softer, less abrasive, less politically correct, but cooler back then? sorry, but i was drifting off to when i was young and life seemed simple, and this tune was playin in my head.

cheers, johann

damnn im gettin old

ps good thing debbie harry had great teeth cause it seems the camera certainly wasnt focused on anyone elses dental work here. lol

...god bless u all ...johannn

Last edited by johannfl; Sun Aug 14, 2011 at 04:38 AM..
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 12:32 PM
(#2)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
I WISH THEY HAD NOT NAILED HER FEET TO THE FLOOR
TRY THIS ONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74xiX...eature=related

NOW DAYS SHE WOULD BE CALLED A STALKER LOL



 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 04:56 PM
(#3)
johannfl's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 169
BronzeStar
LOL damn thats funny......yeah imagine some huge hidious beast that looks like she could haunt a house singing that song....pretty scary huh lol

cute blondes, esp. in the 70s can get away w/ anything.....

thanx i needed that chuckle

Last edited by johannfl; Sun Aug 14, 2011 at 05:07 PM..
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 05:04 PM
(#4)
johannfl's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 169
BronzeStar
ps yeah they obviously made her stand there and u notice no mics(on the heart of glass one i mean) so shes obviously lip syncing ...how do u spell that anyway from synchronicity right....? synching??? oh well good enough i guess
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 05:06 PM
(#5)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
SOMETIMES AFTER A BAD BEAT OR A BAD PLAY BY ME I'LL PUT THIS UP SEEMS TO CALM ME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65GsY...eature=related

GIVE IT A TRY




Last edited by hemetdennis; Sun Aug 14, 2011 at 05:21 PM..
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 05:14 PM
(#6)
johannfl's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 169
BronzeStar
pss remember that was before 'stalking' was even a crime or a word used unless u were watching the wildlife show on sunday morning. i.e. "see how the cheetah is stalking its prey" and that was only sun mornings no cable then remember
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 05:17 PM
(#7)
johannfl's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 169
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
SOMETIMES AFTER A BAD BEAT OR A BAD PLAY BY ME I'LL PUT THIS UP SEEMS TO CALM ME

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/com...ote=1&p=296901

GIVE IT A TRY




it didnt anything just sorta loop...check ur link
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 05:18 PM
(#8)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannfl View Post
pss remember that was before 'stalking' was even a crime or a word used unless u were watching the wildlife show on sunday morning. i.e. "see how the cheetah is stalking its prey" and that was only sun mornings no cable then remember

YEP HAD ALL OF 7 CHANNELS



 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 05:20 PM
(#9)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
OPP'S DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING SOMETIMES
TRY THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65GsY...eature=related



 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 05:36 PM
(#10)
johannfl's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 169
BronzeStar
not bad a little amy grant-ish but not bad
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 05:39 PM
(#11)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
CHECK OUT HER VOICE HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6RSB39DMfM&NR=1





 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 07:18 PM
(#12)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Well SOME things were a little less soft and a lot more abrasive back then,lol. Cooler? You bet your ass!!!

Seriously there's more attitude in these 3 and 1/2 minutes than anyone out there today will have in their whole careers.


http://youtu.be/KiVzLdhz20Y

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sun Aug 14, 2011 at 07:25 PM..
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 07:24 PM
(#13)
JDean's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,145
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
Dammit...

I thought Jesus Pie would b some extra special good pie...

But this wan't about pie at all
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 07:31 PM
(#14)
JDean's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,145
BronzeStar
Also...

I have some secret shower videoes of Moxie Pip singing Gershwin classics that they will not let me post on You Tube.

If anyone in interested, just shoot me a pm. $14.95 gets you the complete un-edited DVD.

Included are covers of such classics as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEmJ-VWPDM4&ob=av3e
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM
as well as...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0hZG-zNOk&ob=av3n

I leave it to your imagination as to what the favoarite shower time occupation is for the geat MP!
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 08:24 PM
(#15)
mtnestegg's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,336
1979? Freshman year. I was busy listening to UFO,Pink Floyd,Scorpions,Zep,The Who,Frank Marino and mahogany rush,MSG,the Eagles,Santana,Steve Miller Band,Haggar,etc.,etc.,etc.sittin' on my bed.playin' my guitar.dreamin of the day when I was gonna make it BIG! What the hell happened to that big eyed kid anyway?...those indeed were the days!
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 09:44 PM
(#16)
dale442's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Also...

I have some secret shower videoes of Moxie Pip singing Gershwin classics that they will not let me post on You Tube.

If anyone in interested, just shoot me a pm. $14.95 gets you the complete un-edited DVD.

Included are covers of such classics as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEmJ-VWPDM4&ob=av3e
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM
as well as...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0hZG-zNOk&ob=av3n

I leave it to your imagination as to what the favoarite shower time occupation is for the geat MP!

Count me in!!

Where do I send the cash?!?!?!?

I'll ship them up!!

Dale
 
Old
Default
Sun Aug 14, 2011, 11:23 PM
(#17)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Also...

I have some secret shower videoes of Moxie Pip singing Gershwin classics that they will not let me post on You Tube.

If anyone in interested, just shoot me a pm. $14.95 gets you the complete un-edited DVD.

Included are covers of such classics as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEmJ-VWPDM4&ob=av3e
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM
as well as...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0hZG-zNOk&ob=av3n

I leave it to your imagination as to what the favoarite shower time occupation is for the geat MP!

This is a bald-faced lie. A fabrication. A fib.

Liar,liar,sausage on fire!!!

My artists of choice for shower singing are (in no particular order)...

Edith Piaf,Tom Waits,Rosemary Clooney and Dr. John. I have 5 octave range (in the shower).


Hey the dogs like it,they even sing along.


(BTW JD you missed "Willie and the Hand Jive"...)

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sun Aug 14, 2011 at 11:40 PM..
 
Old
Default
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 12:08 AM
(#18)
JDean's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,145
BronzeStar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Kvu6Kgp88

Close your eyes, and listen to that. Even if you do not speak french you can surely FEEL what that song is about!

That's talent.

Then try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NdmI...eature=related

and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kya3c...eature=related

Last edited by JDean; Mon Aug 15, 2011 at 12:12 AM..
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 12:16 AM
(#19)
johannfl's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 169
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Well SOME things were a little less soft and a lot more abrasive back then,lol. Cooler? You bet your ass!!!

Seriously there's more attitude in these 3 and 1/2 minutes than anyone out there today will have in their whole careers.


http://youtu.be/KiVzLdhz20Y

youre right, and i love it, ha! but u gotta know 1979 for me was the bee gees and blondie (even though debbie billed herself as punk, i only know that now). i wasnt truly corrupted until i saw my first concert in '86. a band i ve vagely heard of , metallica, opening for ozzy. master of puppets tour and his ultimate sin tour ....wow. i still havnt recovered. and some say rock n roll is harmless....ha ha ha........lol..
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 01:08 AM
(#20)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannfl View Post
youre right, and i love it, ha! but u gotta know 1979 for me was the bee gees and blondie (even though debbie billed herself as punk, i only know that now). i wasnt truly corrupted until i saw my first concert in '86. a band i ve vagely heard of , metallica, opening for ozzy. master of puppets tour and his ultimate sin tour ....wow. i still havnt recovered. and some say rock n roll is harmless....ha ha ha........lol..

Blondie I liked but just could never get into disco,though I loved funk (Parliament/Funkadelic,Sly and the Family Stone,Stevie Wonder,etc...).

I think Blondie got a punk vibe coming off them from being one of the bands to make their bones coming out of the NY scene at CBGB's and Max's Kansas City. It was Blondie,Talking Heads,the Ramones and Television (they never broke big but a great band,very influential--think Sonic Youth and Husker Du and you're close). Certainly Blondie's music wouldn't really be considered "punk" per se--but I always thought punk was as much an attitude as a sound. And they definitely had attitude to spare.

They're on tour right now BTW. I know they come to the DC area at the end of September.

This was always my favorite Blondie track...

http://youtu.be/0xueCCyZ5V8
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com