Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Flop a str8 river a str8 flush and still lose. Unreal bs

Old
Default
Flop a str8 river a str8 flush and still lose. Unreal bs - Mon Aug 15, 2011, 02:57 AM
(#1)
signsix's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 73
SilverStar


Well yet another badbeat like mad. I dont even know why I bother with this site.
 
Old
Default
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 03:08 AM
(#2)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
YOU HAD THE DUMB END OF A STR8 FLUSH SO WHAT



 
Old
Default
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 08:09 AM
(#3)
yahooza1's Avatar
Since: Mar 2011
Posts: 141
BronzeStar
would i be correct in thinking this is a premier league game? if so why are you playing that hand from that position?? also since you did play that hand why aren't you shipping the flop?? ok you flopped the nuts but how many times do you see the flopped nuts become 2nd best by river? peronally i see it alot. for instance that hand you were pricing in hands like 10J, JQ, any two diamonds......

anyways good luck
 
Old
Default
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 03:14 PM
(#4)
signsix's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 73
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooza1 View Post
would i be correct in thinking this is a premier league game? if so why are you playing that hand from that position?? also since you did play that hand why aren't you shipping the flop?? ok you flopped the nuts but how many times do you see the flopped nuts become 2nd best by river? peronally i see it alot. for instance that hand you were pricing in hands like 10J, JQ, any two diamonds......

anyways good luck
As you can see it was my first hand played. I was folding everything and just decided to limp in with this. The table was very passive so I thought I would just limp this one and see where it went and yes that was a huge mistake. Nonetheless it was the worst beat Ive ever had or seen in any game Ive played.

Cheers
 
Old
Default
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 03:16 PM
(#5)
signsix's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 73
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
YOU HAD THE DUMB END OF A STR8 FLUSH SO WHAT



Wow, you just love stirring the pot dont you?

Stop raping my threads with your immaturity. Dont you have a life...AT ALL??
 
Old
Default
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 03:26 PM
(#6)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by signsix View Post
Wow, you just love stirring the pot dont you?

Stop raping my threads with your immaturity. Dont you have a life...AT ALL??

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP RAGGING THIS SITE WITH YOUR BAD BEATS
GET OVER IT AND GROW A PAIR AND TRY TO GROW UP



 
Old
Default
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 03:45 PM
(#7)
PaidInFull6's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 342
This same thing happened to me 2 days ago.

I had 8h,7h,

flop fell Jh,9h,10h,

of course my opponent had Kh,Qh,

I lost 200 bb stack to that.
 
Old
Default
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 08:39 PM
(#8)
signsix's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 73
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP RAGGING THIS SITE WITH YOUR BAD BEATS
GET OVER IT AND GROW A PAIR AND TRY TO GROW UP



Who deputised you to be the forum site defence? Who gives you the right to come and nag me about anything I have to say. Play a mile in my shoes on this site and you will understand. In the mean time, Get a life you forum troll!!!
 
Old
Default
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 08:43 PM
(#9)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by signsix View Post
Who deputised you to be the forum site defence? Who gives you the right to come and nag me about anything I have to say. Play a mile in my shoes on this site and you will understand. In the mean time, Get a life you forum troll!!!
I thought I was anointed with that title??
 
Old
Default
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 11:11 PM
(#10)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooza1 View Post
would i be correct in thinking this is a premier league game? if so why are you playing that hand from that position?? also since you did play that hand why aren't you shipping the flop?? ok you flopped the nuts but how many times do you see the flopped nuts become 2nd best by river? peronally i see it alot. for instance that hand you were pricing in hands like 10J, JQ, any two diamonds......



anyways good luck
Well said yahooza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signsix View Post
As you can see it was my first hand played. I was folding everything and just decided to limp in with this. The table was very passive so I thought I would just limp this one and see where it went and yes that was a huge mistake. Nonetheless it was the worst beat Ive ever had or seen in any game Ive played.

Cheers

Correct me if I'm wrong here but whether this is Premier or Open League aren't the Level I blinds 20/40? And you're on your opening stack no less. Had you even taken blinds yet,or did you get a walk on your BB and steal on your SB? But wait,you say you hadn't played a hand so you must not have seen the blinds hit you yet. So in other words this is the FIFTH hand of the tournament and you say here that you hadn't played a hand yet. What that's some Zen-like patience to you?

Look you may have taken a bad turn of the cards on the river a little bit (ANY diamond except the five is beating you,also any 10) but he/she had NINE outs. The odds when the money went in was you 79.55%,villain 20.45%. Now is that a loose/bad call by the villain here? Meh, yeah it's not great.

But...

You chose to open limp low suited connectors OOP in Level I in a game that is entirely about ladder climbing. That's some pretty horrendous EV right there. Then when you hit a dream flop you,as yahooza astutely pointed out,priced the villain's hand in with your small bet off the flop. That sets up the turn--for you a blank,for the villain a hit of sorts. He has many reasons to believe he may be ahead off this turn card and a lot of mediocre or worse players have a very hard time coming off a hand like that when shoved on. That's part of why they're mediocre to worse players. I've seen much,much worse calls made and paid,so has everyone else.

Finally losing with a straight flush is a galling result to be sure but would you feel better if any other diamond (save the 5) had hit for a more "standard" beat? Or one of the other 10's? What's the difference really?

Bottom line if losing when 80% on the river is the WORST beat you've ever taken here then I submit that you're on the biggest streak of "run good" of anyone on the site. EVERY player I know gets worse than that on a daily basis. Several times.
 
Old
Default
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 11:15 PM
(#11)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
I thought I was anointed with that title??

Anointed my ass,you earned it.

And why the Hell does your breath smell like the billy goat's gruff anyways?...
 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 16, 2011, 01:54 AM
(#12)
signsix's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 73
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Well said yahooza.




Correct me if I'm wrong here but whether this is Premier or Open League aren't the Level I blinds 20/40? And you're on your opening stack no less. Had you even taken blinds yet,or did you get a walk on your BB and steal on your SB? But wait,you say you hadn't played a hand so you must not have seen the blinds hit you yet. So in other words this is the FIFTH hand of the tournament and you say here that you hadn't played a hand yet. What that's some Zen-like patience to you?

Look you may have taken a bad turn of the cards on the river a little bit (ANY diamond except the five is beating you,also any 10) but he/she had NINE outs. The odds when the money went in was you 79.55%,villain 20.45%. Now is that a loose/bad call by the villain here? Meh, yeah it's not great.

But...

You chose to open limp low suited connectors OOP in Level I in a game that is entirely about ladder climbing. That's some pretty horrendous EV right there. Then when you hit a dream flop you,as yahooza astutely pointed out,priced the villain's hand in with your small bet off the flop. That sets up the turn--for you a blank,for the villain a hit of sorts. He has many reasons to believe he may be ahead off this turn card and a lot of mediocre or worse players have a very hard time coming off a hand like that when shoved on. That's part of why they're mediocre to worse players. I've seen much,much worse calls made and paid,so has everyone else.

Finally losing with a straight flush is a galling result to be sure but would you feel better if any other diamond (save the 5) had hit for a more "standard" beat? Or one of the other 10's? What's the difference really?

Bottom line if losing when 80% on the river is the WORST beat you've ever taken here then I submit that you're on the biggest streak of "run good" of anyone on the site. EVERY player I know gets worse than that on a daily basis. Several times.

I totally agree. I didnt see anything worng with my opponents play at all and have no problems with it. I know the odds and how many outs he had. I wasnt upset about any of that. I posted it because I have never lost a hand holding a str8 flush and many people have never seen it either. The guys on the table were remarking about how they had never seen it before. We were all talking about it being a badbeat jackpot on a badbeat jackpot site.

Believe me when I say, I have no doubt about my preflop call getting me into the trouble in the first place. As for me being able to push him off his draw with a decent bet on the flop.....well....I rarely see that ever happen. These guys flop a flush draw theres nothing getting them off it unless the river spoils it for them and even then half the time they try bluffing it if they miss. On the other hand, this was a pretty passive table so who knows, he may have folded.

Also Im not talking about the percentages being my worst beat tbut the hand itself. Its not everyday you see a str8 flush beat. Infact, Ive been playing poker for over 30 years and holdem for 11 years and Ive never seen in in any game Ive been in. So that should explain why the shock and aw of it. Its not the percentages, odds, outs, etc, but the hands itself.

Cheers.
 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 16, 2011, 12:37 PM
(#13)
Widzywidzy^^'s Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP RAGGING THIS SITE WITH YOUR BAD BEATS
GET OVER IT AND GROW A PAIR AND TRY TO GROW UP



Tbh Dennis this forum is FOR bad beat whining :p I think that's why they put it here

Hand was played kinda bad imo but I don't mind the pf limp as it is a good idea to try and accumulate chips early by whatever means you can. Not great but whatever.
 
Old
Default
Tue Aug 16, 2011, 05:23 PM
(#14)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widzywidzy^^ View Post
Tbh Dennis this forum is FOR bad beat whining :p I think that's why they put it here

Hand was played kinda bad imo but I don't mind the pf limp as it is a good idea to try and accumulate chips early by whatever means you can. Not great but whatever.

IT'S NOT FOR BLAMING THE F "FLAWED" PROGRAMING



 
Old
Default
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 10:23 PM
(#15)
signsix's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 73
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidInFull6 View Post
This same thing happened to me 2 days ago.

I had 8h,7h,

flop fell Jh,9h,10h,

of course my opponent had Kh,Qh,

I lost 200 bb stack to that.
Was that the premier league? Iwish that had of happened to me on a badbeat jackpot table on a badbeat jackpot site lol
 
Old
Default
Mon Sep 05, 2011, 09:42 AM
(#16)
ChiltonMafia's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
IT'S NOT FOR BLAMING THE F "FLAWED" PROGRAMING



troll , troll , troll , as the guy who posted said " get a life " lol @ you !
 
Old
Default
Mon Sep 05, 2011, 02:58 PM
(#17)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiltonMafia View Post
troll , troll , troll , as the guy who posted said " get a life " lol @ you !

OH BELTERLIKE YOU STILL GETTING PICKED ON
DID SOMEONE TAKE YOUR LUNCH MONEY AGAIN
ANOTHER ONE THAT THINKS IT RIGGED BUT CANT WAIT TO MAKE ANOTHER DEPOSIT




 
Old
Default
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 12:49 PM
(#18)
ChiltonMafia's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
OH BELTERLIKE YOU STILL GETTING PICKED ON
DID SOMEONE TAKE YOUR LUNCH MONEY AGAIN
ANOTHER ONE THAT THINKS IT RIGGED BUT CANT WAIT TO MAKE ANOTHER DEPOSIT




lol still trolling i see , the day u get banned from this forum will be the best day for the whole forum because everyone is sick of your constant trolling!! You need a life and probalies a visa.

ps: I put security measure on my account so that i cant deposit again Why would i deposit lol. But hey at least i have the ability too if i want too ey.

Happy trolling troll.
 
Old
Default
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 12:56 PM
(#19)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
someones back from their ban and spreading cheer again I see
 
Old
Default
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 02:13 PM
(#20)
ChiltonMafia's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
someones back from their ban and spreading cheer again I see
yeh keep supporting Hemit , the guy who is spamming all threads as can clearly be seen. I kinda expect that from you roomik.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com