Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Stop it!

Old
Stop it! - Mon Aug 15, 2011, 07:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
I don't have alot of luck at cash tables. And hands like these really don't help!

The first one was yesterday. Maybe a re-raise post would have pushed him off, but you have to think you're good here. Don't you?

Secound was today.

Last one was sometime ago when I was feeling flush and thought i see how it was on the bigger money tables. Was looking like a fairly profitable adventure untill this.

98% in front at the river!

Oh well., back to the dollar sit n goes

Old
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 07:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
First one, I'm shipping it on the flop after the action in front of me. The player with the set of 5's may lay it down knowing he's behind, or he may call and the result will be the same in the end. Either way I'm okay getting it in while I'm ahead.

2nd one's just a tough break.

3rd one I'm probably betting bigger on the flop, although just like the first hand, there's no guarantee your opponent goes anywhere hitting the flop the way he did.

Tough breaks, but keep at it.

Old
Mon Aug 15, 2011, 07:54 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2007
Well son I remember replying to your first thread about bad beats in tournies a while ago and now I find I am going to have to take your hand in cash

Completely different kettle of fish here and if you remember the old way you used to play then you will be much more successful in min cash games. There are a few tips I will give you when I get back from holiday and start playing poker regularly again. In the meantime have a look at the 6 max videos and the grinding up series fro Felix. They offer a great deal of invaluable help and advice how to win at these levels.

Cheers,

Dad

First point I note is that you are not playing with 100BB in any of the games. Regulars will note this and will be willing to play for stacks seeing you as a newcomer. I often start with shorter stacks on the 2NL to warm up, maybe even on 5NL, but as soon as i move up the levels I am buying in for 100BB and reloading if I go under that.

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Mon Aug 15, 2011 at 08:05 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com