Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Poker Scam

Old
Default
Poker Scam - Wed Aug 17, 2011, 06:33 AM
(#1)
73REX73's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 745
Hi stakes poker player Jose Girah Macedo has been found sweating or coaching players while a friend of his plays against them, at the moment it is thought he has scammed over $30,000 out of unexpecting players.

Becareful if you hire a coach or reveal your cards to someone you never know what might be the result.
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 08:41 AM
(#2)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
also he let Jungleman, and dogishead play on his "secret" accounts to play against people too
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 01:56 PM
(#3)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,499
(Head Trainer)
He was not scamming coaching students, he was scamming higher stakes regulars.

You don't have to worry about being cheated by hiring a coach, and if you were paranoid about it the solution is simple, just don't have your coach live shadow you, there's plenty of other ways to discuss hands and get value from coaching sessions. The concern with hiring a coach is getting a good one (not everyone who can play, can teach well) that is professional and reliable in how the conduct their business. I know someone who hired a top mtt player for private coaching and the guy would blow off their sessions half the time. Sometimes life happens, everyone understands that, but routinely missing sessions with no reasonable explanation is very unprofessional.

Last edited by TheLangolier; Wed Aug 17, 2011 at 06:17 PM..
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 03:12 PM
(#4)
73REX73's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 745
The article I read said he had been dismissed from a coaching site and had students, just warning other players , I dont know all that went on I doubt anybody does.
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#5)
mcgameboy's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 119
Is that the guy who was called "Triple P" or something? I think it stood for Portuguese Poker Phenom (or Prodigy)? I read about him in an issue of Poker Player Magazine. It said he made some meteoric rise through the levels in the same way that Annette Obrestad did.
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 04:31 PM
(#6)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgameboy View Post
Is that the guy who was called "Triple P" or something? I think it stood for Portuguese Poker Phenom (or Prodigy)? I read about him in an issue of Poker Player Magazine. It said he made some meteoric rise through the levels in the same way that Annette Obrestad did.
That was him the poker prodigy.. it has now come out though that Haseeb Queshi (dogishead) and to a slightly lesser sense Jungleman set him up and played his account against people to build the image and steal money... Jungleman could not get anyone to play, he crushed everyone.. including Durr so he was multi accounting on Joses many fake accounts ripping off people who thought they were playing randoms
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 04:44 PM
(#7)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
That was him the poker prodigy.. it has now come out though that Haseeb Queshi (dogishead) and to a slightly lesser sense Jungleman set him up and played his account against people to build the image and steal money... Jungleman could not get anyone to play, he crushed everyone.. including Durr so he was multi accounting on Joses many fake accounts ripping off people who thought they were playing randoms

I should hope that A: the parties involved here are perma-banned from every on-line site on the planet over this (though I'm already guessing that ain't the case...),and B: that any parties who were gypped out of their money have had it returned in full.

And if B has not happened I wonder if any of these scumbags are live tourney players,because if some player that lost big money in this ripoff were to show up at a live event where one of these creeps are scheduled to play and extracts restitution through more "direct" means...well don't put me on the jury because the dude is gonna walk.

From some of the stuff I read about the behavior of some of the "pros" in the poker world on-line I'm starting to think it's gonna take one of them getting "Moe Green-ed" sitting at a live table for this to come to an end.
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 04:58 PM
(#8)
Drywallman3's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
I should hope that A: the parties involved here are perma-banned from every on-line site on the planet over this (though I'm already guessing that ain't the case...),and B: that any parties who were gypped out of their money have had it returned in full.

And if B has not happened I wonder if any of these scumbags are live tourney players,because if some player that lost big money in this ripoff were to show up at a live event where one of these creeps are scheduled to play and extracts restitution through more "direct" means...well don't put me on the jury because the dude is gonna walk.

From some of the stuff I read about the behavior of some of the "pros" in the poker world on-line I'm starting to think it's gonna take one of them getting "Moe Green-ed" sitting at a live table for this to come to an end.

I doubt Jungleman returned any money since he mostly played at Fulltilt, he made a few appearances at Stars one to play heads up against Isildur1 and did some warm up games against a few high stakes regulars to prepare for Isildur1
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 05:37 PM
(#9)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
I doubt Jungleman returned any money since he mostly played at Fulltilt, he made a few appearances at Stars one to play heads up against Isildur1 and did some warm up games against a few high stakes regulars to prepare for Isildur1
jungle has repaid some... but he didnt think he had too and he played on stars a lot more than we know......
 
Old
Default
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 08:22 PM
(#10)
Drywallman3's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
jungle has repaid some... but he didnt think he had too and he played on stars a lot more than we know......

OOOPPSSSSS I forgot about the multi-accounts
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com