Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

25nl 6max 3bet pot v 2 players

Old
25nl 6max 3bet pot v 2 players - Wed Aug 17, 2011, 08:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Reads: P1 loose, weak, cs called off stack on bottom pair before

P4 tight could not let go TPTK hand before to river shove on board with flush on it

My thoughts for calling 3bet OOP basically implied odds if hit good board for my holding could stack both.

Question was this correct thinking or just justifying my spew call?

Hit a good board (I think) my play: call? shove? 3bet normal amount? fold?

Seat 4 is the button
Seat 1: Player1 ( $33.34 USD ) - VPIP: 63, PFR: 6, 3B: 4, AF: 1.7, Hands: 101
Seat 2: Player2 ( $25.00 USD ) -
Seat 3: Hero ( $30.42 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 17, 3B: 4, AF: 1.9, Hands: 30857
Seat 4: Player4 ( $46.42 USD ) - VPIP: 21, PFR: 14, 3B: 14, AF: 2.7, Hands: 108
Seat 5: Player5 ( $25.78 USD ) -
Seat 6: Player6 ( $22.30 USD ) -
Player5 posts small blind [$0.10 USD].
Player6 posts big blind [$0.25 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 9d 8d ]
Player1 calls [$0.25 USD]
Player2 folds
Hero raises [$1.00 USD]
Player4 raises [$3.00 USD]
Player5 folds
Player6 folds
Player1 calls [$2.75 USD]
Hero calls [$2.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qd, Td, 9c ]
Player1 checks
Hero checks
Player4 bets [$6.66 USD]
Player1 calls [$6.66 USD]
Hero ???

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 11:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
It sounds to me like player 4 has an over pair... and I say so, because they want to end the pot now. That's a pretty bad board for AA or KK, with both flush and straight draws or already made.

The calling station probably has a J (open ended straight draw) or maybe even two pair.

To call it, you'd need just under 30% hand equity. If you assume the calling station will play any pairs, broadway cards, suited cards... and the tight player has 88+, suited broadway, AKo..... then you have 46% equity.

Therefore, it's a call.

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 11:49 AM
(#3)
Would it be ok to go all in here?

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 12:59 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
You could go all in, but here's why I'd rather call and re-evaluate the turn.

While yes, you have draws at very good hands, most likely, someone here, if not both of them are already ahead of you. If one of them has KJ, then you lose some of your outs, as another 9 or an 8 won't help you.

If you were ahead, with the draws out there, then I'd be more inclined to push, but I don't like pushing when you know you're most likely behind at that point. Also, if you do push and the tight player calls... then you're pricing in the calling station... so you won't even have an opponent drop, to make it head's up.. you're still in a 3-way pot.

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 02:12 PM
(#5)
Oh ok cool that makes alot of sense.

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 04:05 PM
(#6)
ty for feedback

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 04:36 PM
(#7)
With those stats player 4 looks a lot more loose aggressive, than tight. 14% 3 bet, that's ridiculously high, so you know he has a very wide 3 bet range, probably due to the presence of the LP fish. So while AA, KK, QQ, TT, are in his range, he is 3 betting wide enough he has a ton of other stuff in his range as well. He could also have JJ, QJs, KQ, AQ, AJ, JTs, ATs, 77, 88.

I think his range is fairly wide here, your getting good odds, you also have a calling station in the hand so if you hit your likely to get paid, all add up to at least a call, if not a check/raise shove, and never fold! But I think calling in this particular case is good, mainly because the calling station is not folding any hand better than ours. Even in the worst case villain has QQ or TT you still have enough equity to profitably call with the pot odds your getting.

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 05:05 PM
(#8)
On another point player 4 has been playing aggressively, your out of position, you really should fold preflop. It's far from ideal to be oop in a bloated pot vs aggro guy who is going to play aggressively postflop.

I like the isolation play on the fish but when player 4 raises you should fold this hand imo.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com