Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Time to be honest

Old
Time to be honest - Wed Aug 17, 2011, 10:18 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
I have now slumped to 281 in the league and I will be honest I set myself a goal of being in the top 200 at the end of the second week. If i was not I would sabotage my position and go back to the open league, I have now changed my mind and will stay and fight for my position despite being unfairly penalised for being a 20 VPP player ( see my earlier winge about that). I have noticed a few very good players who are much better than me way down the bottom half of the league, Maybe they are following a similar plan to my original one. I will continue to try and improve against the Big Boys and hope PSO change the payout stucture so that is a wee bit fairer on us 20 VPP players. I know I can go back to the open and collect an easy $30 or $50 but I wont learn much ,

I would like to know others opinion on this, Stay and fight or take the 20 pieces of silver ?
And Dale and Hull thanks for the laughs and support in recent games. Good Luck everyone the slightly better than average Gate is chasing you down. lol

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 10:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
I still have no clue what Iam doing lol, I dont know if I should stay or go but I keep sabotaging myself in games so I think subconciously I have made my decision on what Iam doing, we shall see

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 10:41 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones31271 View Post
I still have no clue what Iam doing lol, I dont know if I should stay or go but I keep sabotaging myself in games so I think subconciously I have made my decision on what Iam doing, we shall see
Think that was the Clash who spun that first, lol. Bones, I have neverbeen very sure of what I am doing one min I think I have it cracked the The cruel mistress that is poker bites you on the ass. I and a whole lot more people hope you remain in the Prem. Good Luck Bud.

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 11:18 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
i don't want to sabotage myself but it just happens and i don't want out either but there has to come a deep run for me soon otherwis i just have to give up lol

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 11:30 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Aug 29, 2011 at 12:34 PM..

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 12:50 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2010
Hi Gatehouse

No-brainer really
Lets be honest ; What are you gonna learn in the open league ? Nowt you don't already know
In a bit of a slump myself at the minute but figure there is plenty of games and time to get into the top 500
As for the vpp's , go and play cash ring games you are comfortable and profitable at , whislt having fun , and the vpp's will just fall into place
All the best for the rest of the month and hope you see me in the premier league again next month

spike

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 04:14 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
As a US non-player I have no skin in the game but were I playing my thinking would go along Edin and spikes lines. But that's me,can't say that's the "right" call for everyone.

One thing that I am relatively convinced of at this point though is that a system that leads to players even entertaining the notion of "dumping" games has a serious flaw that needs to be addressed.

Old
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 06:16 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
You shouldnt be thinking twice about shot-taking premier league high ranks next month. Just play solid, hope for a heater and youll win a few hundo minimum.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com