Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

im still confused

Old
im still confused - Sat Aug 20, 2011, 12:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
WhiteStar
can someone please explain how the leagues work...i mean i get it i think but im not sure

Old
Sat Aug 20, 2011, 01:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
If you play in the OPEN League you need to finish in the top 500 to qualify for the Premier.
If you play in the PREMIER SKILL LEAGUE QUALIFIER you need to finish in the top 200 to qualify for the Premier.
If you play in the PREMIER League you need to finish in the top 800 to stay in the League.
All award Negative - and Positive + points depending on points already earned and your posistion in the league.
Positive points usually start at around 25 to 30 % of the field remaining If a 1000 people play you need to finish in the top 250 - 300 players. (At least).
Hope this helps. B

Old
Sat Aug 20, 2011, 09:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome Dtoy to the league and the forum.

There's a lot of info to cover now with 3 leagues. Your best bet is to start with the league tab above. It covers the requirements and prizes for each league.
One key aspect is the amount of vpps you have, as it relates to the amount of money you'll be awarded, should you earn a prize.
If you're not familiar with vpps, please see the new members forum sticky thread, "frequently asked questions."

There's a lot of things that make the community a great place to learn. Take your time in looking through all the material available. The home tab has the leaderboards, with links to explain the scoring, legend, etc.

After you've looked through some stuff, be sure to let us know if you have any more questions.

Old
Sat Aug 20, 2011, 09:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Argh, I have some bad news for you, DToy... You're a US of A player. Unfortunately that means that you will not be able to play in any of the PSO leagues due to online poker for real $$ being shut down for US players. Since PSO offers real $$ prizes, that means no-go.

Sorry.

Now, there a a bunch of good Home Games offered up for play money, which most of the people take pretty seriously if you just want to get on the tables and practice against some good competition. !!!111Dan hosts a game for new members, which I believe is going to start up again soon.

Old
Sat Aug 20, 2011, 10:01 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Thanks MC..I didn't even check his profile.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com