Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

On-line Training

Old
Unhappy
On-line Training - Sun Aug 21, 2011, 02:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
I registered for an on-line training session. Screen stated I was registered as a "paricipant".
The appointed time for the session came & went. I sat staring at the screen & ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING HAPPENED.

What did I do wrong??

Old
Sun Aug 21, 2011, 03:09 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Aug 29, 2011 at 12:30 PM..

Old
Sun Aug 21, 2011, 09:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
**moved**

Old
Sun Aug 21, 2011, 10:18 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKI View Post
I registered for an on-line training session. Screen stated I was registered as a "paricipant".
The appointed time for the session came & went. I sat staring at the screen & ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING HAPPENED.

What did I do wrong??
shame you had to miss your first but ,for your next you have to refresh as you get closer to the time,the page does not keep up with the present time,as you get close to the time after registration a new box will apear you have to click on the new link,the new screene may have nothing happening but you should be able to chat ,if you are in the langolier s trainging and happen to hear some polka dont panic ,he does have some better tunes ,you are now in live training .

Old
Mon Aug 22, 2011, 01:54 AM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Yeah, refresh the screen (or go back to the registration page if you've left) with 15 minutes or less to go until the class start time. When the room is open there'll be a new button present to enter it at that time, but you have to refresh the browser or it will never appear.

Old
Mon Aug 22, 2011, 02:07 AM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Incidently, the "open" button that appears 15 min prior to the start to enter the room with, will be there for the scheduled duration of the live training session. So if the class is on the schedule to last 1 hour, it may run a bit over sometimes (actual play sessions we target for 1 hour but sometimes they run a few over, my theory classes run from 1-1.5 hours typically) but the room can be entered any time during that scheduled 1 hour time slot (and up to 15 minutes prior to start).

TO ALL: If you arrive to a training late, that's fine, you're welcome to join us but PLEASE do not come in to the room and immediately start asking what's going on and what did you miss. It's rude to the rest of the class to interrupt when you're late. Today in honu's Boot Camp class, someone came in late and asked what honu was playing. The class description if they'd bothered to read it on the registration page would have answered this question: "In today’s class 19honu62 will be playing in the $22 Mega Satellite to WCOOP Event #40."

Also, if class is in progress when you first enter the room, you will not see the current slide displayed (if a theory class) or the current hand (if a play session) until a new slide is loaded or new action comes in the hand, so please don't enter and immediately say you can't see anything. Hang tight, you will.

Thanks,
Dave

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com