Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Superstitions

Old
Superstitions - Tue Aug 23, 2011, 10:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
Any 1 got any superstitions on how to break a bad streak in poker?

thought this would be a fun post

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 12:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Kill a penguin, squish some ants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvc5N...eature=related

Warning...language.

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 01:20 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Laughed so hard............

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 01:53 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
rwtyujkuhtrgewfrtyuioiytr

Last edited by Weee--Waise; Sun Sep 04, 2011 at 09:20 PM..

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 02:03 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Lol i'm on my 7th penguin and countless thousands of ants

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 04:21 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2011
Where the hell can I find a penguin?

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 04:44 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I have a wierd superstition...

It is not one that involves "breaking" a bad run, but it is totally un-founded.

Whenever I am all-in in an MTT, live or on line, I feel it is really BAD LUCK for me (or ANY who wants me to win) to yell out "No King/NO ACE" or whatever card you do NOT want to come.

I want people only to call for cards that we WANT to come instead.

As for the villain who is sheriffing my all-in...it is perfectly fine for HIM to yell (no queen, no jack) or whatever...

This stems from a wierd belief that I've formed which says you can "create" what you want to happen. If you send out the negative energy (oh please do not let something bad happen) rather than postive energy (oh please, let something good happen!), you get BACK what you put out into the "universe".

Yeah, I know...it is silly.

but there it is!

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 04:50 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisnot View Post
Where the hell can I find a penguin?
From what I understand, south of the equator.

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 04:58 PM
(#9)
[QUOTE=JDean;298036]I have a wierd superstition...

Whenever I am all-in in an MTT, live or on line, I feel it is really BAD LUCK for me (or ANY who wants me to win) to yell out "No King/NO ACE" or whatever card you do NOT want to come.

As for the villain who is sheriffing my all-in...it is perfectly fine for HIM to yell (no queen, no jack) or whatever...

This stems from a wierd belief that I've formed which says you can "create" what you want to happen. If you send out the negative energy (oh please do not let something bad happen) rather than postive energy (oh please, let something good happen!), you get BACK what you put out into the "universe".

but there it is!
So kinda like eightball from kelly's heros....... you're really bringin me down with all the negative waves man.....

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 05:04 PM
(#10)
I have the same superstition as JDean, I don't even like thinking about the cards my opponent needs.

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 05:05 PM
(#11)
Not really a superstition , but I am NEVER without (while dressed) a personalized poker chip that we gave out as forget-me-nots from my wedding (poker themed wedding of course) "Mike and Amber to have and to holdem" it reads.

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 05:49 PM
(#12)
Since: Sep 2010
Heres my one...

Hand before break, critically short stacked, I have a hand that "isnt great but is playable" (paint, suited connectors, low pocket pair etc), I decide there and then that I dont want to "stew" for another 5 minutes waiting for a good hand that may never come and say "F*** it. I am doubling up RIGHT NOW or hitting the rail". Sometimes I get these hour long periods of play where nothing is happening, no cards are coming, I cant hit flops etc etc. So I decide to try and make something happen. If it doesnt work out, I am out and walk away and put that bad hour/bad tourny to rest, but if it works, then I end the hour "on a high" and find myself "rejuvenated" and pumped up, ready for the hour of play to come after the break has ended.

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 05:55 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
[QUOTE=mtnestegg;298038]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
I have a wierd superstition...

but there it is!
So kinda like eightball from kelly's heros....... you're really bringin me down with all the negative waves man.....
IT'S ODDBALL NOT EIGHTBALL

Old
Tue Aug 23, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#14)
[QUOTE=hemetdennis;298046]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
IT'S ODDBALL NOT EIGHTBALL

Oops yep

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 12:57 AM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2011
Lol thanx guys and gals,

For the record it has to be a real penguin cause my lil sis's stuffed one didnt work. Now im sewing the head back on it. :P

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 07:14 AM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2011
WildYeti, Im sure I seen a yeti( There's myths in the MAORI culture, local tribes etc), when we went for bush walk, here in NZ when i was 5yrs old (1-3 other witnesses/my Sister/My best mate, and his cousin ) , as i lived on Coromandel peninsula, bush to max so many places to hide, haven't told many people as i don't want people think im mad LOL( but if i was in 15th century(or what ever time) I be labeled mad when, if said the world is round, not flat!)

superstitions i have is sometimes if i get 2 same hands in row ill play it what ever it is (but depends on cards, reads, odds etc) and for some reason i win my most hands 1st-2nd hand before my big blind

Old
Wink
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 07:40 AM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
WAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAH AHAH DAMNED NOW I PISSED MYSELF!!

great movie lol

i shout a lot of things to the game that my wife decides to call a dokter!! so i stopped being supersticious.

but somehow when i end up being in a shove i typ before i go all in, to wish everybody good luck and somehow i win then.

o and sometimes i cover the board and just watch wich way the chips move

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 10:45 AM
(#18)
JDean, you are talking about the "Secret" and it's a bunch of bullcrap. Negative energy, positive energy, all that hippie dippie stuff will not affect your luck in any way. There is no evidence it works, and no scientific basis to think it would work.

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 10:53 AM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IroncladMerc View Post
JDean, you are talking about the "Secret" and it's a bunch of bullcrap. Negative energy, positive energy, all that hippie dippie stuff will not affect your luck in any way. There is no evidence it works, and no scientific basis to think it would work.
Hence why it's called a superstition...

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 07:23 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
I'm with JDean on this one. If you want to be superstitious about it, try to avoid negative thoughts like, no A no A!!! Seems like sometimes when you hate something the universe likes to give it to you over and over lol. To be more serious though, avoiding negative thoughts is a really good idea with poker because it is extremely easy to be negative in this game and it will quickly drag your state of mind down and cause tilting.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com