Old
Perfect play, brutal loss - Wed Aug 24, 2011, 03:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011

Old
Wed Aug 24, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
My stones hurt from watchin' that lol. you raised good, called a 3bet to (i assume) setmine, ok binked your 5 sweet.raise waragainst top,top sweet. Then all hell breaks loose The chips were all goin in no matter how that was played i'm afaid.. Saddle back up sir.

Last edited by mtnestegg; Wed Aug 24, 2011 at 04:16 PM..

Old
Wed Aug 24, 2011, 04:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
this one ought to be in the bad beat section, not hand analysis... nothing to analyze here but bad luck.

Old
Wed Aug 24, 2011, 05:01 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
** Moved **

Old
Wed Aug 24, 2011, 05:19 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
These are the hands that make my heart sink. You play a hand about as perfect as you can, you flop your monster, get your opponent to ship his whole stack to you when he is crushed, only to see a brutal runner runner like that. It's enough to drive a teetotaller to drink. Unlucky mate

Old
Wed Aug 24, 2011, 06:09 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Perfect title, brutal to watch.

Old
Wed Aug 24, 2011, 07:26 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Personally, I'm not a fan of the preflop raise with 55 UTG at a full table like that, since a raise and reraise could have forced you out before the flop. I've seen worse happen, he did have 4 outs going to the river, but yeah that is still really nasty!

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 04:57 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2011
Its nasty i agree, but what i've learned from the courses is that you shouldnt play pocket 5s if you are positioned right after the bb

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 08:04 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
Its nasty i agree, but what i've learned from the courses is that you shouldnt play pocket 5s if you are positioned right after the bb
That's indeed a nasty loss mate!!

LAG style is adjusting and being agressive also with small PP OOP!! nothing wrong with this playlol

the courses are basic play!!

to be succesvol play like the sandman and be divers

Last edited by 77wopke77; Wed Sep 21, 2011 at 08:06 AM..

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 08:42 AM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2011
thx for the advice, just started with poker school so im trying to get the basics down at the moment

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 01:03 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
To be honest, yeah you were unlucky but personally, have no sympathy for you, what you deserve for even considering to play that hand in position your in. I know that may seem harsh but every chance someone got a higher pair after you or what happened, someone with a strong hand and 2 over cards to your 5's.

due to flush draw on flop. they could be on that, always make it as dear as possible to chase.... move all in. Since they have queen with ace kicker, doubt they folding anyway.

only time you play 5's in position your in;

1) if you have the dominant chip lead on table, like the 47k/41k stack, which is over double what you have. even then, would still fold to the re-raise you got met with.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com