Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Small stack with monsters VS big stack with rags...

Old
Exclamation
Small stack with monsters VS big stack with rags... - Wed Aug 24, 2011, 07:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Small stack with monsters VS big stack with trash... (i could post more example but im pretty sure you'll get my point after that..)

1-Today Open Skill league: this is a funny one because 3 players all in and the bigger stack on the table holding trash with 12.45% chance of winning vs 28.35% vs 57.95%:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...c?sitId=151568

2-Yesterday open Skill league: Don't look at how i played the hand..!

3-Yesterday: Here i'm not in the hand but still show my point: (small stack) vs (biggest stack on the table)

Odds cal.: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...c?sitId=151565

There's always one lucky player luckier than everyone else on the table, but i guess all this crap is just an effect of the random cards shuffling... lol

Last edited by JohnMolsonEX; Thu Aug 25, 2011 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: well i guess the forum doesn't auto censor bad words...

Old
Thumbs down
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 06:34 AM
(#2)
New One same story (literally)
4-Today (im not in the hand)... (small stack) vs (biggest stack on the table) ...hit a miracle str8 on the river...exactly like #3..

If only i knew before that we can save 1000 hands in the Hand Replayer... much easier to share and show how good is the Random Shuffling algorithms‎ over here! lol

Last edited by JohnMolsonEX; Thu Aug 25, 2011 at 07:03 AM..

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 08:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Mr Molson... love your name... love your beer.

Personally I don't believe in Random hands, Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy ( well maybe the tooth fairy ( The rock). There have been so many hands that end up 4 card flushes or str8s on the board that it stretches my tiny imagination when leading after the turn. I understand why big stacks call with garbage..... but where is the skill when all in with 6 8 off vs AA ( or my fave 4 5 off vs AA). I would rather be lucky than have this skill that alot of players talk about. Good luck to you at the table... things will swing your way again.

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 05:33 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Next time you get dealt 1 red King and 1 black King just fold, those off color Kings are so dysfunctional they wont ever win.

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 06:00 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidInFull6 View Post
Next time you get dealt 1 red King and 1 black King just fold, those off color Kings are so dysfunctional they wont ever win.
LOL

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 07:58 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidInFull6 View Post

does that advice work for aces too

Old
Angry
Trap Trap Trap!! - Thu Aug 25, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfame
Mr Molson... love your name... love your beer.
Hell Yeah dude, a nice cold Molson EX its just the best

I never really believed it was random either. Maybe at higher stakes tho... but freerolls and micro is certainly not all random.. who knows, if i deposit 500$ maybe that kind of ***** won't happen 5 times a days/every day.. lol

Today 5pm Open skill league
: vs

I was 31th on the leader board for the Open Skill League but since i made a final table I'm suddenly running so bad... (like every time i make a final table)

In the online poker show tournament this afternoon 20 minutes in, i get something like ...i get beat by , 3 hands later i get .. the same guy push all-in with again, and i lost again.

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 11:43 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
ANOTHER ONE ON THE IT'S RIGGED BAND WAGON LOL
WHEN DID AQ H BECOME RAGS
NOW YOUR JUST BEING SILLY LOL

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 01:05 PM
(#9)
Yeah, that's all in my head! Wait i got one more..

Today Open Skill League 1pm:

Bigger stack on the table...getting a miracle str8 on the river with absolute trash
This is so funny! c'mon pokerstars, i want more! Can't wait for the 5pm lol

Last edited by JohnMolsonEX; Sat Aug 27, 2011 at 01:50 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 05:53 PM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2011
You're not the only one who thinks random means "fair while I'm playing". It doesn't, it means fair over a very large number of shuffles. As that number approaches infinity, the fairness overall converges towards what probability theory accurately predicts.

That's the thing with gambling, you know with 100% certainty that over an infinite number of coin tosses heads will show 50% of the time, but you CANNOT predict what the outcome of the next toss will be. So the best advice I can give you is play an infinite (or if not, a very large) number of hands using your best skill, the luck will even out and your skill will shine through

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 07:23 PM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flophitter View Post
You're not the only one who thinks random means "fair while I'm playing". It doesn't, it means fair over a very large number of shuffles. As that number approaches infinity, the fairness overall converges towards what probability theory accurately predicts.

That's the thing with gambling, you know with 100% certainty that over an infinite number of coin tosses heads will show 50% of the time, but you CANNOT predict what the outcome of the next toss will be. So the best advice I can give you is play an infinite (or if not, a very large) number of hands using your best skill, the luck will even out and your skill will shine through
YES. Exactly. That is why an amazing player like Nanonoko averages around a couple BB/100 hands after hundreds of thousands of hands. That 2BB/100 or whatever represents his skill EDGE over the average opponent at the limits he plays. If you look at a graph of his cash game profits, it steadily and gradually climbs up over thousands of hands. It is a visual representation of his edge. Winning or losing at poker doesn't have anything to do with the outcome of any single hand.

Anyways... keep the bad beats coming. They are fun to watch!

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 08:33 PM
(#12)
Sure here one more, Facebook Freeroll 8pm..

Again, the biggest stack on the table with trash win against KK and vs AA

Last edited by JohnMolsonEX; Sat Aug 27, 2011 at 08:39 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 10:07 PM
(#13)
OHHH i see now...i have to fold KK....

Last edited by JohnMolsonEX; Sat Aug 27, 2011 at 10:11 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 10:20 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
good fold

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com