Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

September changes to Leagues

Old
September changes to Leagues - Thu Aug 25, 2011, 11:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
Hi everyone. We have been receiving many suggestions this month for ways to improve our Leagues. We have taken your suggestions into consideration and come up with the following changes for September's Leagues:

Premier League:

1. We are adding a new event and timing them as follows (all ET) 02:00, 08:00, 14:00 and 20:00.
2. Increase starting stack from 1500 to 2500 chips.
3. shorten the action time per play to: 8 seconds to the warning and an additional 8 seconds after the warning (was 12 seconds previously)
4. There is a 1 hour sign up time. We are removing the late registration (was 10 mins)

Open League

1. Decrease the level time from 10 mins to 8 mins
2. shorten the action time per play to: 8 seconds to the warning and an additional 8 seconds after the warning (was 12 seconds previously)

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Last edited by PSO Admin; Thu Oct 06, 2011 at 10:26 AM..

Old
Thumbs up
NIiiiiice!! - Thu Aug 25, 2011, 11:37 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Someone scoffed the last time I said "Don't let it be said that PSO doesn't listen to suggestions".

These are great Staff. By far the most pertinent changes that were needed to be evaluated are the ones that are covered here.

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 11:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
OOPS to all that took a dive. You have a lot of work to do now lol. GREAT CHANGES. WELL DONE STAFF. HAPPY

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 12:05 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
To quote Mongomery Burns...."EXCELLENT"

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 01:18 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
How about letting US players back in?

Man I miss PSO, anyone not getting how the Premier league would be awesome for improving your MTT game just will never get it. Also very cool structure with the new changes should make for some very tough tourneys. Can't wait to one day be allowed back to compete.

At least I can still participate in live training and very happy to be able to do that. Good luck all and here's to dreaming someday US players will be welcomed back.

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 02:01 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
How about just letting PSO members play? Or improving the payout structure? Or anything else that actually annoys me about the new PSO?

Just sayin'.

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 02:21 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
OOPS to all that took a dive. You have a lot of work to do now lol. GREAT CHANGES. WELL DONE STAFF. HAPPY
well my dive wasn't on purpose grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2010
I was one of many to send an email to support from day 1 about structure, chips and tourneys per day. I got used to this structure fast and the 2500 chips is just a bonus that will help a gr8 deal. I dont see 8 minute levels from 10 minute to be a big change but it sure will shorten the tourneys. The added 1 tourney to 4 a day is another plus as we had to wait 12 hours in between second and 3rd tourney. GL all in September and the final 6 days of this month.

Old
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 04:47 PM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2011
PSO Admin will eventually (September) decide to go with either a 3 tournament/8 hour interval, or, a 4 tournament/6 hour interval.

Read more: Pokerschool Premier League Thread - Page 4 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1W4krG1up

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 02:30 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Great changes!

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 03:15 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddysw View Post
How about letting US players back in?

Man I miss PSO, anyone not getting how the Premier league would be awesome for improving your MTT game just will never get it. Also very cool structure with the new changes should make for some very tough tourneys. Can't wait to one day be allowed back to compete.

At least I can still participate in live training and very happy to be able to do that. Good luck all and here's to dreaming someday US players will be welcomed back.
+1

Unless +1ing is also not allowed for US players... Ah, only for play +1s..

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 04:50 AM
(#12)
Since: Sep 2010
I didnt qualify for the August Premier League, but I have qualified for September.

I was looking forward to it even if no changes had been made.

But I have to say....these changes look really really GOOD!!!

I am now looking forward to it even more so

+1000 to PSO Staff

PS I would however like to see Open League also getting the 1 hour registration window (or even increase it to 30 minutes) with no late registration. As many as 3500 players can bust before extended registration has closed in Open League. Removing extended registration takes away the advantage given to those who purposely register late.

Last edited by mcgameboy; Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 04:57 AM..

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 04:51 AM
(#13)
Very good changes PSO. Thanks for listening

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 12:02 PM
(#14)
Since: Apr 2010
TON

Last edited by HAPPYSAP; Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 06:41 PM..

Old
Mostly good - - one query - Fri Aug 26, 2011, 01:07 PM
(#15)
Since: Feb 2010

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Aug 29, 2011 at 11:51 AM..

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Overall very positive... Well done to all those who took the time to put foward their suggestions and to PSO Staff for listening and implementing the changes.

GL everyone

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 10:45 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Premier League Changes 1,2 and 3 all look very positive -

Most PSO members who earn a premier league ticket will have more opportunity to take part in a reaonable number of tournaments over the course of a month. (Some will take advantage of the new schedule and take part in an unreasonable number - I think I could definitely manage 3 some days.)

It will be interesting to see how the tournaments fill up, I have noticed the number of entrants dropping off as the month progressed in August, and a great variance between the one 'big' tournament with around 500 entrants and the other 2 which struggle to attract just over 200.

The length of time each tournament takes to reach the +ve points, final table and to finish will be interesting. I'm guessing the increased chip stack will have greater effect than the timing changes, so I expect them to last longer, but we will have to wait and see.

Change 4? It is handy to extend preregistration but why remove the ten minutes late registration?

I don't really understand this for the premier league as 1500 have earnt tickets, it is hard to always make registration exactly on time and I can see no real advantage to a player registering late on purpose just to miss a blind level and 10 or 12 hands (as would be advantageous in the Open league where 2000 have donked themselves out by then). I would have thought this would be an acceptable late registration for those of us who have short term memory problems, or attempt to register then find we need to reboot our system, or have short term memory problems. Was anybody actually asking for this change? If so surely they meant it to be for the Open league only. I think we need to encourage and enable as many players as we can to register into each premier tournament, not make it specifically more difficult. Everyone has earnt their ticket and should have a reasonable chance to register as long as there is no distinct advantage given.

Pretty good changes overall, not concerned about the Open League changes too much as will do my best to stay out of it as long as possible - though they also seem a step in the right direction.

Just hope to be here in September for another crack at the premier league.

Thanks to PSO staff and good luck all for this month and next.

May your cards always be slightly weaker than mine.....

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

YOU MEAN YOU HAVE 60 MIN. TO REGISTER AND THAT'S NOT ENOUGH
YOU NEED ANOTHER 10 MIN. LOL
YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 11:59 PM
(#18)
Since: Feb 2010

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Aug 29, 2011 at 11:52 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 12:28 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
I guess I'll be in the Premier League next month, and I'm really looking forward to that. But it sounds like it's going to be super hard! Which'll be great in terms of the learning experience. But if I wind up back in the Open League the month after that, I guess it'll be back to playing 'push or fold' ...

I wonder if it might change things for the tournament prize to be increased in the Open League - because with only the top 90 out of 10,000 ever making any money, it kind of incentivizes excessive risk-taking. And then you get all those crazy hands where everybody goes all-in with some really unexpected hands ...

Last edited by TrustySam; Sat Aug 27, 2011 at 12:37 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 12:32 AM
(#20)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Someone scoffed the last time I said "Don't let it be said that PSO doesn't listen to suggestions".

These are great Staff. By far the most pertinent changes that were needed to be evaluated are the ones that are covered here.

are we allowed to give up the prem league ticket ,i may still be to high up to drop out

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com