Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Dilemma

Old
Question
Dilemma - Fri Aug 26, 2011, 09:18 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
No, it's not about the PSO Leagues, that's easy - I'll give PL's new format a try.

When I'm playing cash tables I check some of the players that I find interesting, either by sucking out on me (I enjoy confirming they're losing players ) or playing a good game (to confirm that winning players actually exist ).

Now I ran into this guy(?): meiyic. The amount of hands played / period of time is insane and his graph is inhuman too. Something is fishy and I feel like I should do something about it, like contacting support...

But what am I to say ? That I was breaching PS rules and found someone that is rather a something ?

Last edited by dR3am3R59; Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 09:21 AM..

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 09:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
whats fishy? xxchris123 used to play like 20 tables for 8-10 hours a day

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 11:22 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
whats fishy? xxchris123 used to play like 20 tables for 8-10 hours a day
I would go blind or permanently be crossed eyed if I did that

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 11:24 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
The numbers add up right
Playing 24 tables of 6 handed for 6 hours will give him about 13,000 hands

So there's nothing wrong

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 01:48 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
24 tables !!!

I wanna know which variant of "interesting person" he is

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 01:56 PM
(#6)
Didn't chris post something in the BR management section once when he was thinking about SNG's showing where boku87 used to multi-table as many as 50 tables at a time?

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 02:00 PM..

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 02:58 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Didn't chris post something in the BR management section once when he was thinking about SNG's showing where boku87 used to multi-table as many as 50 tables at a time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f5IUP-ELzA

Enjoy.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
24 tables !!!

I wanna know which variant of "interesting person" he is
I'm thinking... mom's basement, sitting in his underwear, eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 03:17 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
it's not playable 51 tables
how do u make reasanoble descissions???

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 03:23 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post
decisions are very much automated in single table sng's if you understand how to play them correctly according to ICM.

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 03:25 PM
(#11)
Most small field SnGs offer a much narrower range of decisions than do deeper stacked or larger field events or cash games. Add in a HUD to provide information on a player's tendencies and it becomes possible for some people to work up to those numbers. They are exceptions however, not the rule.

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 03:46 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
ICM???

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 03:47 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
the only thing i see him do is clicking to avoid sitting out

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 04:33 PM
(#14)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I wouldn't be concerned about someone playing 24 cash tables at a time. If you looked up their stats on a third-party website and they had a huge BB/100 while doing that many tables, that could be sketchy. If I remember correctly, I think nanonoko averaged around 2-4BB/100 hands while 24 tabling mid stakes... and he is one of the best.

Multitabling cash tables and SNG's are completely different experiences. Might as well not even consider them the same game, even if both are NL holdem. In multitabling SNG's you can basically calculate which action to take in a fraction of the second by looking at: your position, your chip stack, the blinds, what 2 cards your holding, your opponents chip stacks, and any raises or reraises that have occured. That sounds like a lot to think about, but a quick glance and a fraction of a second of thought is all it takes to roughly figure out the correct play. It takes a lot of practice of course. The decisions are almost entirely math based when your multitabling SNG's.

Multitabling cash tables is very different. The math aspect is really important for considering pot odds, implied odds. Most of the decision making is based more on situations. You looking for good spots to build a big pot and your looking for bad spots where you need to shut down and save you money. Also, most import is watching your opponents. Most concentration goes to paying attention to what is happening and where. Looking at people's general play style and more specific things they do in specific situations. I don't think that can be done effectively at 24 tables, but that is what people use HUDs for. It allows them to keep track of those things even if it isn't humanly possible...

Because SNGs are more math based, the windows can be cascaded and you can play more because you can fit more on the screen. Most cash multitablers tile the tables so they can always see and keep track of what is going on with all the players.

Just my 2 cents. The most multitabling I have done is 12 cash games(tiled) at once and 12 SNG's(cascaded) at the same time.

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 04:48 PM
(#15)
Quote:
ICM???
ICM = Independent Chip Model which assumes your tournament % equity is equal to the % of chips you hold. ICM programs calculate the changein equity and give push/fold decision guidance.

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 04:48 PM
(#16)
Quote:

You don't go from 1 table to 50, a player has to do it in stages to, this process takes a long time. Well I guess any one to go from 1 to 50 but not a winning player. Kind of like people you have to crawl before you can walk.

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 03:18 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
You don't go from 1 table to 50, a player has to do it in stages to, this process takes a long time. Well I guess any one to go from 1 to 50 but not a winning player. Kind of like people you have to crawl before you can walk.
first trumpin tnx for the info

drywall then respect i am going nuts sometimes playing only 4

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 04:10 AM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2010
What RockerguyAA said.

My problem is not with him multitabling per se. But with his graph, that is almost a straight line running next to the rake one. While possible to play 20 tables at a time, that can get pretty tiresome and don't think anyone human can play for hours every day being that consistent.

Add the fact that the graph runs like that from day one since the account was created (in China!) and you'll understand why I have my doubts about being a legit thing.

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 05:55 AM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dR3am3R59 View Post
What RockerguyAA said.

My problem is not with him multitabling per se. But with his graph, that is almost a straight line running next to the rake one. While possible to play 20 tables at a time, that can get pretty tiresome and don't think anyone human can play for hours every day being that consistent.

Add the fact that the graph runs like that from day one since the account was created (in China!) and you'll understand why I have my doubts about being a legit thing.
dR3am3R59 u may contact support, let em investigate, if he is still here in a month u will be wrong, u seem to know so much b4 having any evidence. Oh by the way u were wrong about PSSL, they have changed our tourneys giving us 2500 chips and added 1 more tour per day, and u were pretty much sure they will do nothing even though many of us did contact support. All im typing mate is u first need some strong evidence, he may be a genius from china with 1.2 billion population there must me 1 million of em there in that country :P he may be one of em lol gl at the tables

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 06:16 AM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOingDonks View Post
dR3am3R59 u may contact support, let em investigate, if he is still here in a month u will be wrong, u seem to know so much b4 having any evidence. Oh by the way u were wrong about PSSL, they have changed our tourneys giving us 2500 chips and added 1 more tour per day, and u were pretty much sure they will do nothing even though many of us did contact support. All im typing mate is u first need some strong evidence, he may be a genius from china with 1.2 billion population there must me 1 million of em there in that country :P he may be one of em lol gl at the tables
is it gonna be 4tournies for sure kd i did see a thread about them talking about it but i diddnt catch if they added the 4th tourney

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com