Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

vpp or fpp

Old
vpp or fpp - Fri Aug 26, 2011, 10:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi am confused , what is the difference between fpp and vpp ? How do you earn them ?

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 10:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey venom, check out this link and let me know if you still have any questions on it.
http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/earn/
Basically, fpps are rewards for playing. Vpps mark your vip level. Vpps are what is required for the larger payouts in the league.
Also, check the New Members Forum sticky thread..Frequently Asked Questions...we give some more info there.

Old
Hi Dan - Fri Aug 26, 2011, 11:54 AM
(#3)
Thanks a bunch will go check them out .

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
You are so lucky the old hedgehog didn't see this thread before Dan redirected you. I'll excuse it since you seem to be a new member, but . . . . . . . . (anger management said count to ten) . . . . . . . . the new member thread will help.

Quick way to remember:

V = very important
F = forget

You want whatever is important and you want to forget the rest.

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 05:03 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
You are so lucky the old hedgehog didn't see this thread before Dan redirected you. I'll excuse it since you seem to be a new member, but . . . . . . . . (anger management said count to ten) . . . . . . . . the new member thread will help.

Quick way to remember:

V = very important
F = forget

You want whatever is important and you want to forget the rest.
I THINK YOU NEED TO DO SOME RESEARCH ON FPP'S

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 06:06 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I know they can be used for the buy-ins to certain games. Though the opportunities for anyone in bronze are poor in my opinion since I'm not into turbo games. I see turbo as a shovefest since you must either double often or die. Rebuys are the same, an attractive game for players who consider luck more important than skill. That reduces the bronze player's option to a single weekly game that uses 50 FPPS.

I'll be blunt and admit that I've only examined the VIP game selection, and I did that before Black Friday. If there are other alternatives than turbo or rebuy, I'm sure Dan can point those out to the newest members.

One time I did check the silver listings. Think they had a lot more game options that I liked, but then I didn't see myself earning silver.

Since the league is based on VPPS, no sense confusing the newbie with too much additional material until he mastered the basics.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com