Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

One Way To Turn FPPs into $-T-money - 2FPP +R 3x-Turbo Saturday Splash Satellites

Old
One Way To Turn FPPs into $-T-money - 2FPP +R 3x-Turbo Saturday Splash Satellites - Fri Aug 26, 2011, 03:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Aug 29, 2011 at 12:26 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 03:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Great post.

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 08:41 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
For those, who are good at 1-table sngs, I'd suggest Sunday Storm 70 FPP satellites. 10 entrants, first one wins the ticket (worth 11$). The field is very weak, by the way.

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 09:49 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Very cool post Edin.

If I could make a suggestion to all the PSO'ers who have earned many more FPP's than they are accustomed to having this month don't sleep on the fact that having all these FPP's to play with just happens to coincide with the WCOOP coming up.

Please take a few moments of your time to pull up the Events tab in the Main Lobby and then FPP satellites. You will see many options for the WCOOP. Now some of these are more "direct" path (not nearly as many steps) and are much costlier---1350 FPP's and up. Skip past these.

The ones you want are the 25 and 40 FPP qualifiers. The 40 FPP ones are step 1 along the path to WCOOP 19 ($109 NLHE $800K guaranteed) and the 25 FPP ones can get you started on your way towards the Big Enchilada--WCOOP 62 The Main Event ($5200 NLHE $5 Million guaranteed,$1 Million guranteed to the winner).

Now these are going to be variations of either Turbo or Hyper-Turbo from one round to the next. And it's going to take multiple rounds to make it. But the first round,these 25 and 40 FPP ones, have odds of 1 ticket for every 200 FPP's (1 in 8) in the 25 FPP one and 1 tickey for every 240 FPP's (1 in 6) for the 40 FPP event. That's doable,it gets you to the next round and just go from there. It will get harder at that point,but nothing worth having comes easy (unless your name is Hilton,Kardashian,etc...).

Now you won't be able to cash out at any point along the way (or at least not for several stops when your next step may be what would otherwise be a cash buy-in satellite,you may be able to cash for Tournament $'s at that stage,not sure). And this is a long odds proposition to be sure. It will NOT be easy,far from it.

BUT...what will losing 25 or 40 FPP's,or a hundred or so if you take several shots,really hurt you? Compare that to what is out there and is possible. Someone is going to win these seats. Why not a few of these someones being PSO'ers? This is a "shot-taking" proposition I think you should all strongly consider. Remember if you get past that original investment of 25 or 40 FPP's however further you go from there is all gravy. Give this a try peeps. If you bomb,you bomb. No harm done.

If you dont bomb....

...the possibilities are staggering.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sat Aug 27, 2011 at 09:52 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 09:55 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
BUT MR. NEGATIVE SAID FPP'S ARE USELESS

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 09:59 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post

who?

Old
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 10:22 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post

Who said that Dennis?

Bottom line anyone who thinks FPP's are anything even remotely akin to useless needs to take a much longer look around this site. And I don't mean cashing them for a rip-off exchange value or getting a hat in the store either.

The WCOOP is in the here and now. So is the PCA (bigger window time-wise),but it has plenty of FPP shots for it as well. Always something regional going for FPP satty's (Aussies/Kiwis that means you at the moment). Always FPP steps to regular events (Sunday Million,Sunday Storm,The "Bigger" tourneys--Bigger $5.50,Bigger $109,whatever...).

There are ALWAYS some type of FPP based satellites,mostly steps to be sure,running that are a worthy use of one's FPP's. You earned them,you may as well "shot-take" with them.

FPP's are a great place to do that with---take shots with them. None are short odds,none are easy. But they all have a potentially big return.

And for most PSO'ers there's plenty of value in the regular 10 and 20 FPP Turbo's.

And ask RedLetterman about the weekly 50 FPP event one time.

FPP's can be the rainbow to a pot of gold

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sat Aug 27, 2011 at 10:28 PM..

Old
Sun Aug 28, 2011, 12:08 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
I AGREE BUT THERE ARE SOME "WET BLANKETS" THAT SAY OTHER WISE

Old
Sun Aug 28, 2011, 01:03 AM
(#9)
Ooooooooh okay,lol.

Never heard him pooh-pooh FPP's myself,but others have so why not him as well?

I like the ol' Hedgehog immensely BTW Dennis,just disagree with his stance on our chances of getting back on here (or playing on-line on good,regulated sites period) and what kind of timeline that may entail is all.

Old
Sun Aug 28, 2011, 08:24 AM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
Hiya Edin - i have played in the Sat Splash Qual.
Like u said it's a shove fest. But there are usually 50 - 75 tickets to be won.
Got mine and played the Sat Splash without having to rebuy.
Won a massive $3.
Get in there !!!!! lol B

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com