Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Poker Trackers

Old
Question
Poker Trackers - Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:10 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
Hi I would like to ask a question about poker trackers.I contacted support about the legality of them and got a reply telling me what was legal and what was not.But what I would like to find out is the way that they are used.Now I can understand the reason why some players use them but I would like opinions on the way players use them.For instance I was in a tournament last week when me and this other player had words (as you do) the player then started to post all the stats on me obviously from a tracker in open chat but when he was doing this he was not in any of the hands. well I said some things I should not have said and ended up with a 1 month chat ban and nothing for him as usual.So can this type of use by trackers be deemed as collusion?.

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
WAS HE TELLING OTHERS HOW TO PLAY ???

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:27 PM
(#3)
well when I was slow playing KK he put in the last time you played like that you had a big pair it was things like that he was doing

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:29 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
the trackers wont really tell you that... it would take a ton of effort, and him having played against you before.... then he would have to go over every hand played against you etc..

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:36 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeharry777 View Post
well when I was slow playing KK he put in the last time you played like that you had a big pair it was things like that he was doing

WELL IF HE'S SAYING THAT WITH OUT BEING IN THE HAND THEN YOU SHOULD SEND THE CHAT TO PS SUPPORT
THE MODS CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT
I'M SURE YOU GOT YOUR BAN FOR WHAT YOU CALLED HIM OR HIS MOTHER

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:38 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the forum Harry.
Quote:
Hi I would like to ask a question about poker trackers.I contacted support about the legality of them and got a reply telling me what was legal and what was not.But what I would like to find out is the way that they are used.Now I can understand the reason why some players use them but I would like opinions on the way players use them.For instance I was in a tournament last week when me and this other player had words (as you do) the player then started to post all the stats on me obviously from a tracker in open chat but when he was doing this he was not in any of the hands. well I said some things I should not have said and ended up with a 1 month chat ban and nothing for him as usual.So can this type of use by trackers be deemed as collusion?.
There usually is some agreement with the tracker companies that say you can't use stats on a player in this manner. Sometimes even pokerstars won't allow a player to use certain ones while playing.
I would report the player to both the tracking company and pokerstars with hand histories including chat where the player was either quoting stats, or talking about a hand such as in this manner.........
Quote:
Sounds like he's referring to a hand in possibly the game that you were playing. In that, it depends on the situation. If any other players are in the hand, he's influencing them and that is not allowed on pokerstars. If he's just saying it in contemplating a call or something, that may not be influencing anything except for maybe players future actions against you. I'm not sure it's going to be a problem with pokerstars, but it might and you should probably report him anyway since it sounds like he's a tool to start with.

Let us know if you have any questions on how to do this or anything else.

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:39 PM
(#7)
He was also saying about my % of Bets /raises preflop % of folds on the turn and on the river.
Most of the time he had folded his hand

Last edited by Weeharry777; Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 07:43 PM..

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:41 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
are you serious that they diddnt ban this guy for typing in hand stats he played against,that right there is against the rules which meens hes the one that should be banned

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:44 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
dont even get me on the chat mods but then again I am just ignorant send in the HH and they will bust that guy... clearly against TOS

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:53 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
He was also saying about my % of Bets /raises preflop % of folds on the turn and on the river.
Just in case you missed my post as you were writing this, please see the one just above this.
This is definitely not allowed by pokerstars and should be reported to support@pokerstars.com .

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:54 PM
(#11)
Quote:
do you remember what country this guy is from?

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 08:20 PM
(#12)
Quote:

If you had called the mod on this specific infraction, the player would of got a warning for harassment for first offense and a ban for further harassment. Stats on another player is not allowed to be mentioned.

You got a chat ban for a month because of the content or you've been ban before. As for the other person, he probably did not offend or he was never warned or never banned.

A chat moderator will ONLY act on the comment of the player asking for the mod and nothing else. In other words only one infraction per call. Unfortunately logic is not easy as chat mods have to follow the written rules for them to act.

Hope this helps

Old
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 08:37 PM
(#13)
Cheers guys I will report it.I did not call the mod I got an email saying a complaint had been made so the clown also is short in the balls department. Oops sorry if that offends any1

Last edited by Weeharry777; Fri Aug 26, 2011 at 08:43 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 29, 2011, 06:05 PM
(#14)
Well I reported it and got this email from support.

Thank you for your email. We will review the chat log for this player and take any actions necessary.

Using a third party program to harass a player on this site is not permitted. We do not condone the use of player statistics to harass any player at a PokerStars tables.

Firstly, many of our players simply do not want their ROI information to be publicly available. They have a right to privacy of this information.

Secondly, it gives an unfair advantage to those players who are able to obtain ROI data about players who have not consented for their information to be shown.

So thanks for the advice guys and if I see any of you at the tables please excuse me for not having a chat with you at least for a month lol

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:28 PM
(#15)
Could some one direct me to the rule that says this is not allowed.

I'm guilty of noting if a player plays loose sometimes and asking them why they play 50% of hands or 75% of hands just so they start thinking when i raise them.

Guess i'll have to needle them a new way.

Grade b

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com