Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Premier League changes....

Old
Premier League changes.... - Tue Aug 30, 2011, 01:37 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hey all,

WAY late in the game but a couple of changes I feel should be instituted ASAP.

-finish position of daily tourneys should be straight forward..eg...top 33% MEANS you are in the positive points, irrelevant to where you are on the overall leaderboard. Straight and simple.
Surviving in a league with this level of players should be promoted, via positive points.
When you are playing in a points league, and not knowing where the cutoff is to me, is very wrong.

-Much to high of a turnover every month. An almost 50% turnover is way too high considering real life situations., Holidays, sickness, family business...ect...ect..ect....
500 from the open league is way to high IMO.

The qualifier peeps are legitimatly trying to earn their way in. OK with that 200 number.

Still not too late to reconsider, lets keep making it better.

Dale

Old
Tue Aug 30, 2011, 02:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale442 View Post
Hey all,

WAY late in the game but a couple of changes I feel should be instituted ASAP.

-finish position of daily tourneys should be straight forward..eg...top 33% MEANS you are in the positive points, irrelevant to where you are on the overall leaderboard. Straight and simple.
Surviving in a league with this level of players should be promoted, via positive points.
When you are playing in a points league, and not knowing where the cutoff is to me, is very wrong.

-Much to high of a turnover every month. An almost 50% turnover is way too high considering real life situations., Holidays, sickness, family business...ect...ect..ect....
500 from the open league is way to high IMO.

The qualifier peeps are legitimatly trying to earn their way in. OK with that 200 number.

Still not too late to reconsider, lets keep making it better.

Dale

DO YOU KNOW WHAT A HANDICAP LEAGUE IS ???

The handicap league offers players the opportunity to play competitive singles rounds with players of varying abilities.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO GET FOR PLUS POINTS

DO YOU REALLY THINK THINK 500 FROM THE OPEN LEAGUE OF 120,000 IS TO MANY ??
I THINK THEY SHOULD ONLY KEEP THE TOP 200 AND TAKE 1,100 FROM THE OPEN
THAT WOULD MAKE IT SO MUCH BETTER
AND STAFF IT'S NOT TO LATE TO MAKE THESE CHANGES

Old
Tue Aug 30, 2011, 11:34 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
DO YOU KNOW WHAT A HANDICAP LEAGUE IS ???

The handicap league offers players the opportunity to play competitive singles rounds with players of varying abilities.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO GET FOR PLUS POINTS

DO YOU REALLY THINK THINK 500 FROM THE OPEN LEAGUE OF 120,000 IS TO MANY ??
I THINK THEY SHOULD ONLY KEEP THE TOP 200 AND TAKE 1,100 FROM THE OPEN
THAT WOULD MAKE IT SO MUCH BETTER
AND STAFF IT'S NOT TO LATE TO MAKE THESE CHANGES

Yep, I know what a handicap league is.

This league has been downsized massively to 1500, in case you forgot. So....why is a handicap necessary??

Easy to figure out where positive points for a player starts? Really now??

Top 33% was the bubble of points ~roughly~ for me, until ....

08/28/2011 21:00 PokerSchool Premier Skill League No Limit 235 66 -1.04 1702.89 1701.85

|t is a complicated formula to know where points start and how many you can get at what point. Can you calculate the "Field strength" during a tourney? I cannot. Doubtful many can.

Having a "rough" idea of where points start is not good enough!!
I guess you didn't witness last months final tourney. The one that was so closely contested between two members for the win. They didn't know either, I know this from railing the two during this final tourney, as many others also withessed. Do you know what the winning margin was??

Your numbers for entry into the next months tourney are outlandish. Did you ever hear of varience...ect....??? Real life things like I posted?? Or did you miss that part of the post?

This is a real league with real people with real lives. Not being able to run real well month to month will happen. Finishing anywhere in the money and beyond is this league now is an accomplishment and should be rewarded with a ticket for the following month.

You can check my 4 months of stats here now to show you how I have grown as a player. LONG freakin way to go though. It clearly proves that the evolving nature of the league is helpful for a relative newbie to grow as a player.

Have you considered how much the league may change with the 500 open league peeps coming in?? Will it revert back to the "Burn and fold league" again? And you want to increase that number?? Maybe winner only, or top ten retain their ticket. Yep, that did sound pretty silly now didnt it??

Dale

Last edited by dale442; Tue Aug 30, 2011 at 11:36 AM..

Old
Tue Aug 30, 2011, 01:22 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Before the qualifier league was announced, the premier league had a 1/3 churn rate - 500 of 1500 players. That sounded reasonable. When the site announced the addition of the qualifier league, the churn rate became 700 of 1500. That is high. Like you, I had suggested a way of going back to the same churn rate without causing too much disruption.

1,500 players = league numbers
0,100 players = removed at end of August
-------------------
1,400 players = remain
0,500 players = added from the open league
0,200 players = added from the qualifier league
-------------------
2,100 players = league numbers in September

For all months in the future

700 players = removed
500 players = added from open league
200 players = added from qualifier league

Net change = zero --- churn rate remains one in three

Old
Tue Aug 30, 2011, 05:43 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale442 View Post
Yep, I know what a handicap league is.

This league has been downsized massively to 1500, in case you forgot. So....why is a handicap necessary??

Easy to figure out where positive points for a player starts? Really now??

Top 33% was the bubble of points ~roughly~ for me, until ....

08/28/2011 21:00 PokerSchool Premier Skill League No Limit 235 66 -1.04 1702.89 1701.85

|t is a complicated formula to know where points start and how many you can get at what point. Can you calculate the "Field strength" during a tourney? I cannot. Doubtful many can.

Having a "rough" idea of where points start is not good enough!!
I guess you didn't witness last months final tourney. The one that was so closely contested between two members for the win. They didn't know either, I know this from railing the two during this final tourney, as many others also withessed. Do you know what the winning margin was??

Your numbers for entry into the next months tourney are outlandish. Did you ever hear of varience...ect....??? Real life things like I posted?? Or did you miss that part of the post?

This is a real league with real people with real lives. Not being able to run real well month to month will happen. Finishing anywhere in the money and beyond is this league now is an accomplishment and should be rewarded with a ticket for the following month.

You can check my 4 months of stats here now to show you how I have grown as a player. LONG freakin way to go though. It clearly proves that the evolving nature of the league is helpful for a relative newbie to grow as a player.

Have you considered how much the league may change with the 500 open league peeps coming in?? Will it revert back to the "Burn and fold league" again? And you want to increase that number?? Maybe winner only, or top ten retain their ticket. Yep, that did sound pretty silly now didnt it??

Dale
WELL THE P.L. HAS NOT BEEN DOWNSIZED IT STARTED WITH1500 AND WILL HAVE 1500 NEXT MO.
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY ARE PLAYING WHEN 4 GOLFERS GO PLAY DO THEY FORGET THEIR HANDICAPS
DO YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE PLUS POINTS ARE? IF YOU PLAY A GAME DON'T YOU TRY TO GET AS FAR AS YOU CAN OR JUST GET TO SOME POINT AND QUIT
ANYBODY THAT PLAYS THE "BURN AND FOLD" IN THE P.L. IS NOT GOING TO GET TO FAR. DID IT WORK WHEN THERE WAS 1500 NEW PEOPLE?? AND IT WONT WORK IF THERE WAS 1500 NEW PEOPLE NEXT MO.
NOW SOMEONE WANTS TO MAKE IT 2100 PEOPLE
WHY NOT 2500 OR 5000 OR 25000 LOL WHY NOT GIVE ALL 120000 PEOPLE A TIC.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU WANT TO MAKE IT A PRIVATE CLUB MAYBE MAKE SO A NEW PERSON HAS TO BE APPROVED TO GET IN
I WOULD RATHER SEE THE TOP 100 OR 200 STAY AND GIVE MORE PEOPLE A CHANCE TO PLAY IN IT
JUST ME SO STAFF MAKE IT SO PLEASE

Old
Wed Aug 31, 2011, 04:06 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
WELL THE P.L. HAS NOT BEEN DOWNSIZED IT STARTED WITH1500 AND WILL HAVE 1500 NEXT MO.
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY ARE PLAYING WHEN 4 GOLFERS GO PLAY DO THEY FORGET THEIR HANDICAPS
DO YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE PLUS POINTS ARE? IF YOU PLAY A GAME DON'T YOU TRY TO GET AS FAR AS YOU CAN OR JUST GET TO SOME POINT AND QUIT
ANYBODY THAT PLAYS THE "BURN AND FOLD" IN THE P.L. IS NOT GOING TO GET TO FAR. DID IT WORK WHEN THERE WAS 1500 NEW PEOPLE?? AND IT WONT WORK IF THERE WAS 1500 NEW PEOPLE NEXT MO.
NOW SOMEONE WANTS TO MAKE IT 2100 PEOPLE
WHY NOT 2500 OR 5000 OR 25000 LOL WHY NOT GIVE ALL 120000 PEOPLE A TIC.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU WANT TO MAKE IT A PRIVATE CLUB MAYBE MAKE SO A NEW PERSON HAS TO BE APPROVED TO GET IN
I WOULD RATHER SEE THE TOP 100 OR 200 STAY AND GIVE MORE PEOPLE A CHANCE TO PLAY IN IT
JUST ME SO STAFF MAKE IT SO PLEASE

Again why would u be involved with the leagues when u cannot even play at PokerStars dennis?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com