Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Im using my 'one time'

Old
Im using my 'one time' - Wed Aug 31, 2011, 01:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
I'm sure there's a bunch of people in the same situation as me, doing really well at the start of the month and looking to make some money that justifies how many hours we actually spent playing these all month, but then to encounter a seriously horrible downswing and are now struggling round the $50 area. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna end up on like $20 just because i'm gonna do whatever I can to try and make a few hundo atleast in these last two tourneys, its just tilting as **** because of all the time you put in with really bad results even though you probably got it in good to a point where you should easily be sitting top 4.

Feel free to share your really frustrating premier league stories in this thread!

Old
Wed Aug 31, 2011, 02:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Hey Widzy -

from what I have seen you are a good player - (especially for such a young un) - and to have run so good early the first month under new conditions shows you have adapted your skills well - but you are always going to get a lot of variance in these premier MTTs over the course of a month - look at player 5lirios - if they had stopped playing after week one they would still be top 10.

I'm happy to be in the $20 zone - it means I get another shot next month - I'm sure the chip stack changes will be to the advantage of the more skilled players - so your chances will get better.

I don't think the amount of time I spend on PSO tourneys needs justification - if I wasn't enjoying it maybe I would, but I like playing these tourneys now, much more than the previous incarnation - and I reckon one month with good luck and if I continue improving my skills I might get one of those top spots one day.

Good Luck - Lang may your lum reek

Old
Wed Aug 31, 2011, 07:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widzywidzy^^ View Post
I'm sure there's a bunch of people in the same situation as me, doing really well at the start of the month and looking to make some money that justifies how many hours we actually spent playing these all month, but then to encounter a seriously horrible downswing and are now struggling round the $50 area. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna end up on like $20 just because i'm gonna do whatever I can to try and make a few hundo atleast in these last two tourneys, its just tilting as **** because of all the time you put in with really bad results even though you probably got it in good to a point where you should easily be sitting top 4.

Feel free to share your really frustrating premier league stories in this thread!
I think you can safely put that thought in the trash can Widz m8. By getting that 15th you've now got a good situation to be in....comfortably clear of the $20 zone and very close to the $130 and above zone. You have nothing to lose but a lot to gain by going on the attack in the last game.

As for the downswing, well Edin pointed out the perfect example of a player who ran like god for 3 consecutive tournaments then crashed and burned. It happens to all of us. Yes it's frustrating as ****. But dont let it get to you mate. Get your game head on for the 2am and play to the best of your ability. Hopefully the cards will take care of the rest. I wish you luck mate.

Old
Wed Aug 31, 2011, 10:01 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgameboy View Post
I think you can safely put that thought in the trash can Widz m8. By getting that 15th you've now got a good situation to be in....comfortably clear of the $20 zone and very close to the $130 and above zone. You have nothing to lose but a lot to gain by going on the attack in the last game.

As for the downswing, well Edin pointed out the perfect example of a player who ran like god for 3 consecutive tournaments then crashed and burned. It happens to all of us. Yes it's frustrating as ****. But dont let it get to you mate. Get your game head on for the 2am and play to the best of your ability. Hopefully the cards will take care of the rest. I wish you luck mate.
Ye it was pretty ironic that I said that just before running pretty well.. I was 1st for years in that tourny then went on the very much expected collapse, KK getting cracked by A6 random call for half my stack, then proceeding to shove 55 in lp and running into KK that holds. Above average atm so lets hope I can make a good run at this!

Old
Wed Aug 31, 2011, 11:59 PM
(#5)
ITM.

You know you're interested when instead of 4-tabling you're 4-tabling all the tables left in the tournament hoping for busts haha.

Old
Thu Sep 01, 2011, 12:12 AM
(#6)
ROFL out in 30th, what a way to go out. 80% fav pf 3 handed, 43% otf, 69% ott, dead otr :<

Hand after got 74 allin on SB, BB has 96, I dont hit, gg.

Last edited by Widzywidzy^^; Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 12:15 AM..

Old
Thu Sep 01, 2011, 12:20 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
ROFL out in 30th, what a way to go out. 80% fav pf 3 handed, 43% otf, 69% ott, dead otr :<

Hand after got 74 allin on SB, BB has 96, I dont hit, gg.

And I take it with a ROYAL FLUSH....wooohoooo

Old
Thu Sep 01, 2011, 01:05 AM
(#8)
That's what I get for not typing 'one time' even though I had the by far best hand. Zzzzzzzzzz.

On another note I think we should be demanding a final tournament take place since we MISSED ONE and that would have changed everything - I will only make $50 when im literally on the $150 bubble, its so dumb.

Old
Thu Sep 01, 2011, 02:01 AM
(#9)
Quote:
That's what I get for not typing 'one time' even though I had the by far best hand. Zzzzzzzzzz.

On another note I think we should be demanding a final tournament take place since we MISSED ONE and that would have changed everything - I will only make $50 when im literally on the $150 bubble, its so dumb.
Well,this month league should have ended yesterday but considering last day`s tourney got cancelled they put it the last one on the 1st of september so i think it`s fair.

Old
Thu Sep 01, 2011, 03:08 AM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedgamer View Post
Well,this month league should have ended yesterday but considering last day`s tourney got cancelled they put it the last one on the 1st of september so i think it`s fair.

THAT'S JUST TO FUNNY

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com