Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

Drunk Tank Team Challege for Sept.

Old
Drunk Tank Team Challege for Sept. - Thu Sep 01, 2011, 03:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi everyone.

Just want to start off by saying a BIG THANK YOU to all of the players playing in the original Drunk Tank that Effsea opened. For those of you who have been coming in and playing it's great!!! We have fun and even though we are playing for fake money, we have a blast.
As you may know for the last two months we came up with a little friendly challenge to make the game more interesting, and it worked. This month we would like to continue to get some more people to play and try to add a few more things to the mix.

For September we will again have two teams who will be playing for top points and bragging rights. Anyone who has played at least three games from the prior month will be qualified to be added to the teams. For those who didn't, please stop in and play so you can be qualified for next months Challenge.

There are now two start times; 7pm EST and 10pm EST

Here are a few suggestions and new rules to make it fair to everyone..

This is a fun challenge and a friendly competition...NO ganging up on opposing members OR taking it easy on your own members.

Play as you normally do and at the end of the month after the final game is played the points will be tallied to see which group gets bragging rights.

New Rule 1 – The two teams will be called the RED team and the BLUE team. Some people didn’t like being referred to as ODD.

New Rule 2 – Teams will consist of 12 players initially assigned to each team. If any member of a team has not played for a 7 day period within the month, they can be replaced by the next highest eligible player. All points earned by the replacement up to that point will be added to the gaining team’s score.

So here are the teams,

The RED Team consists of the following players:
JWK24
Johnny Oak
Joe Dawg 57
TrumpinJoe
JerseyRon
Mtnestegg
Mcrissinger
Nobisquit
Brkn80
JDean
Sandtrap777
Phoenix Maya

The BLUE Team consists of the following players:
Flsnookman
Julestubby
GmaJudy
!!!111Dan
MeowSasKitty
Tom905
Cheon57
Faery Tats
TheLangolier
Chelle867
Effsea
Vman279

At the end of the month the teams will be reassigned by player position and the first 24 players who have at least 3 games in will be added to the new teams.

All odd number placements will be on the RED team and all even numbered placements will be on the BLUE team. We will post a list of team members each month.

I will add updates to this thread at least once a week as to how the teams are doing.

Good luck to both teams and hope to see some new faces at the felt.

Johnny and Tits

Last edited by Johnny Oak; Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 11:55 PM..

Old
Thu Sep 01, 2011, 03:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Ive played against most of the players on this list and I have 1 question.......which one of you DOESNT consider yourself odd??????

Last edited by FLsnookman; Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: speling

Old
Thu Sep 01, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Is there a black team?

Old
Thu Sep 01, 2011, 04:40 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Oak View Post
New Rule 1 – The two teams will be called the RED team and the BLUE team. Some people didn’t like being referred to as ODD.
Wasn't me. I've been called ODD, or worse , most of my life. How boring the world would be if we were all the same.

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 07:23 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011

lol are you kiddin' me? Man..... I wore that like a freakin' badge of honor!
Alright oddballs, I mean red balls, I mean .... oh whatever.... let's take it down

Last edited by mtnestegg; Fri Sep 02, 2011 at 07:30 AM..

Old
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 11:47 AM
(#6)
Team Results - Day 5

Red Team Standings Points – 25.18

Blue Team Standings Points – 27.04

Despite first place showings by TrumpinJoe, Sandtrap, and Johnny Oak, the Red team still lags behind. Contributions by Thelangolier, Julestubby, and GmaJudy have pushed the Blue team in the lead.

For a complete listing of the team standings including point distributions see the attached PDF.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 906.pdf (14.0 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Johnny Oak; Tue Sep 06, 2011 at 02:25 PM..

Old
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 10:10 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
any team I'm in charge of is 'Team Hoss' (my nickname, hence the avatar). Hold down the fort until I get back from my vacation... and get a new computer delivered... and I'll do what I can to get us as many points as possible. New Dell being ordered tomorrow night, so hopefully it'll get to me a day or so after I get back, next Monday.

Spent some of my time well at least. Finished both 'winning poker tournaments one hand at a time' books... along with picking up Super System on closeout at Borders! I've got a few new tricks to try out on you when I get back. Hopefully they'll work for me in Detroit, when I play live Thursday night!

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 12:36 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
any team I'm in charge of is 'Team Hoss' (my nickname, hence the avatar).
OK Let's get FLsnookman to give a new name to the Blue team.

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 05:53 PM
(#9)
Its kinda funny but when I used to play the trivia game in the local pub my friends and I were called "team drunk" lol.

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 07:34 PM
(#10)
I like it,

Team Drunk vs. Team Hoss

Sounds like a challenge has been issued. Now all we have to do is get our head Drunk (effsea) and our Chief Hoss (JWK) to get back to the table and start winning for their teams.

Last edited by Johnny Oak; Wed Sep 07, 2011 at 07:36 PM..

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 08:19 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Can I be Sgt. Drunk Hoss?

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 11:28 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hopefully I'll get my new computer sometime next week. As soon as it happens, I'll be back at the tables... that's for certain.

Old
Sat Sep 10, 2011, 12:23 PM
(#13)
Team Results - Day 10

Team Hoss Standings – 45.24

Team Drunk Standings – 42.47

Despite strong contributions by Tom905, GmaJudy, and Vman, team Drunk now lags behind. Last night there was an all Hoss team finish ITM, including first and second place wins by TrumpinJoe, Phoenix Maya, and Johnny Oak,

For a complete listing of the team standings including point distributions see the attached PDF.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 910.pdf (13.5 KB, 8 views)

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 12:37 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hopefully I'll get my new computer sometime next week. As soon as it happens, I'll be back at the tables... that's for certain.
Can't wait... you've been missed!!!

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 01:28 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Crossing my fingers. Supposedly my new computer shipped today and I'm supposed to get it on Friday(a week earlier than their estimated delivery date when I bought it). If so... goal 1 is to get everything onto it (which I can hopefully do some while multi-tasking in the tank!).

P.S. Was card dead the whole tourney in Detroit. Still made the final table, but unfortunately, being in it for 3.5 hrs made me just miss cashing. In 8 rounds at the FT, I saw one A (A7 with 3 all-ins that I passed on), one KQs (doubled), one Q10s (ko'd me on river to 35s that spiked a 5 on the river)... no other A, face, suited, pair... not much I can do with that!
Hopefully the 3 tournies in Vegas and WSOPC event 1B in Hammond treat me a bit better.

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 02:07 PM
(#16)
Better to save up the good starting hands for the bigger tournys anyways lol good luck

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 04:05 PM
(#17)
Team Results - Day 15

Team Hoss Standings – 78.73

Team Drunk Standings – 70.45

Despite strong contributions by Tom905, GmaJudy, Flsnookman, Chelle867, !!!111Dan, and TheLangolier, team Drunk still lags behind. On three separate nights there was a awesome all Hoss team finish ITM, including first through fourth place wins by TrumpinJoe, JerseyRon, Sandtrap777, Brkn80, and Johnny Oak,

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 915.pdf (12.6 KB, 10 views)

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 02:56 PM
(#18)
Team Results - Day 20

Team Hoss Standings – 115.99

Team Drunk Standings – 89.03

Well they are coming down the stretch and Team Hoss has galloped to a 3 length lead. With the return of JWK and contributions by Mcrissinger, Phoenix Maya, and Johnny Oak they have a good cushion. Team drunk needs help from some of it's key players, including GmaJudy, FLsnookman, Julestubby, Faery Tats, Vman, and Effsea if they are going to catch up.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 920.pdf (13.9 KB, 6 views)

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 08:05 PM
(#19)
Team Results - Day 25

Team Hoss Standings – 146.42

Team Drunk Standings – 109.58

With less than a week left, Team Hoss has increased its lead. With an awesome come from behind climb by JWK and contributions by Mtnestegg, Brkn, Phoenix Maya, and Johnny Oak they have a strong lead. Even though there were contributions by GmaJudy, Tom905, Julestubby, Faery Tats, and Chelle, Team Drunk will need to rally if they expect to catch up.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 925.pdf (13.9 KB, 12 views)

Old
Sat Oct 01, 2011, 12:32 PM
(#20)
Team Results - Final

Team Hoss Standings – 171.44

Team Drunk Standings – 137.74

Well it looked like Team Drunk was going to try to make a push when they took all four of the top positions three days ago, but Team Hoss finished in the lead. With an awesome last minute performance from JWK and contributions by Johnny Oak they have a strong lead.

If you see the members of the Drunk team, and they have their bottom lip stuck out, tell them better luck next month.

New teams are already being selected, so get ready for the October challenge coming up.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 931.pdf (15.4 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Johnny Oak; Sat Oct 01, 2011 at 12:37 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com