bad luck?

Old
bad luck? - Thu Sep 01, 2011, 11:44 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011

Should have taken your advice KO.

Where's Van?

Dale

Last edited by dale442; Fri Sep 02, 2011 at 12:02 AM..

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 06:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
Told ya mate, i was not kidding when i typed that i lost every single AK at showdown in PremLeague last month, only time i won on em was when every1 folded preflop. GL Dale and all see ya on the 3rd.....and folding the AK preflop i shall this month i bet ill make top 10

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 08:44 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
Oh dear! Oh Dear! I was expecting 2 not J+2. Must go to my player notes and write 'psychic' or maybe that should that be 'psycho' for this villain. Bad luck Dale. nv

Old
Rrrreeedicuuulooouuus!! - Fri Sep 02, 2011, 10:22 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
How often this type of s--t goes down ! New program is worst one yet. We study the odds and practice what the courses tell us because we are fish for the fryer! lol

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 10:24 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
EL OH EL such riggaments obv.

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 10:37 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hsd to laugh...it's just too funny. Maybe JD can pop in and give us an analysis.

Dale

Last edited by dale442; Fri Sep 02, 2011 at 11:47 AM..

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 10:39 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
OH EL OH - I think this quote from today's lesson is about Limit Holdem but it almost fits the bill here.

"You will notice I am recommending you actually throw away AKo, and the suited connectors that a lot of people like to play in these kinds of pots. With AKo, you are usually trying to make one pair stand up, which is a bad bet with lots of opponents staying to the river because of the price the pot is laying them. Suited connectors work OK in pots where you can get in late for one bet, or maybe even two with a lot of opponents, but for four of five bets, you simply cannot get value. You will be chasing with non-nut draws because of the pot size. If you must play suited connectors, restrict yourself to KQs, QJs and JTs. At least you could make a large flush or a top straight."

Read more: Strategy Insights 06: Unusual people and situations (Part I): Playing with Maniacs – Poker School Online:

Old
Wink
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 10:48 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
i start to hate AK lol. some bigstack no brain bully found it nescesarry to call me after i called a shortstack shove. the board came AQ5 diamonds. i played it wrong to shove buth the bully showed T2 diamonds. he is 1 of the lucky nobrain shoving types.

my bad to stay in hand true, but i lost 4 out of 5 of my last AK's

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 11:45 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
Bad luck? Let me tell you about bad luck. I played the 10.00 cet 55 cent MTT today. I got myself some chips in the first hour, and then in the next five (5!!!) hours the only hand that I got was TT.

In 5 hours of play, TT as the best hand, and that got folded to me in the BB.

Anyway, I busted out ranked thirty something, for 2 dollar and some cents.

I've had enough! It just doesnt stop.

Oh, and do not get me started on playing AK, I hate that eternal 987 flop where everybody in the hand has straight.

Last edited by Crumblepie; Fri Sep 02, 2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 01:15 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
i also stopped playing MTT's because all i do is **** up just by tilt because i lost the most strange hand! i don't blame the donkey's that call me wit ATC but myself because i keep fooling myself i can beat these nobrainers.

i must say it's their day because they totaly ****ed up me thinking straight of anger and let me make mistake after mistake with top hands running into river sets straigths and flushes because 4 BB or 2,5 BB raises followed by C-bets 3 Bets and 4 Bets get called just because they have the feeling it's their day.

I've got beaten by T2s, 46s, 76o, 53o,jko, etc

sorry but i hadf to get rid of it lol

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 01:31 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Funny part, I did look away from the puter, hoping against hope that I wouldn't hear "That" sound.

You know the one....the one that says "Thanks for showing up"

I looked back, after hearing the sound, ...Geez (or words like that), he hit a darn duece...c'mon (or words like that as well )

To see the villian (love that term btw) had run into a straight. A bit shocking (or thoughts like that)

Enjoy

Dale

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 01:35 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post
i also stopped playing MTT's because all i do is **** up just by tilt because i lost the most strange hand! i don't blame the donkey's that call me wit ATC but myself because i keep fooling myself i can beat these nobrainers.

i must say it's their day because they totaly ****ed up me thinking straight of anger and let me make mistake after mistake with top hands running into river sets straigths and flushes because 4 BB or 2,5 BB raises followed by C-bets 3 Bets and 4 Bets get called just because they have the feeling it's their day.

I can feel your pain.

I busted out playing AQs against KJo.

Flop was QJJ.

:c

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 01:55 PM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2twww View Post
OH EL OH - I think this quote from today's lesson is about Limit Holdem but it almost fits the bill here.
It's about limit, a game with multiple maniacs that has capped multi-way (5+ player action) with multi-way action on each street going to showdown. Not only does it not fit the bill here, it couldn't be farther from the OP's situation.

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 02:33 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
the worst part is that u know ur his master but he just refuses to get submissive and lay down his cards

so u bet en reraise to push him out and then THE RIVER hits, his platinum mastercard.

and there u see all ur hard earned chips slide away from u

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 03:02 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post

even the higher buyin mtts have fish in it too remember without the bad player no one would make money,most off the better players play the $50.00 buyins or higher mtts because off the smaller fields good luck at the tables ronh1967

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 03:21 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
yeah well i keep my head up, but it ust wasn't my day!!

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 03:36 PM
(#17)
If you think the beats are bad in HoldEm, try playing Omaha Hi/Lo 8 or better.

Old
Lightbulb
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 04:28 PM
(#18)
Do you think a stronger pre-flop bet would have sent villain packing? You wouldn't win a very big pot but you wouldn't be on the rail either...

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 04:37 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iso9999 View Post
Do you think a stronger pre-flop bet would have sent villain packing? You wouldn't win a very big pot but you wouldn't be on the rail either...
Hey Iso,

If you are refering to the original post, imagine that, I thought with a 3. raise with one large stack limper in front was an ok play. Not sure say... 4.5x would have made much difference.

Thoughts? Dave maybe...

Dale

Old
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 04:48 PM
(#20)
I generally 5 bet here.Although judging from villains post flop play there is no guarantee that he would be pushed away.In that case...sometimes we just get screwed by the donkey's lol.Or is it rigged?No,I've seen lots of stupid people get lucky playing live as well.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com