Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

how many on one acc

Old
how many on one acc - Sat Sep 03, 2011, 07:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
i am hoping pso people can answer this ? ......is it against pokerstar rules to have more than one person playing on an acc ......im sure this has been talked about before gl all F.M

Old
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 07:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
One and one only.

There are certain emergency circumstances that allow someone else to take over your game-play for a short period of time, such as having someone finish a tourney for you if you have a stroke in the middle of it. Ummmm. Hiccup.

Other than that, ONE account, ONE person. On a related note, ONE person, ONE account.

To the best of my knowledge, this subject has never been raised in this forum. Hmmm.

Old
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 07:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
One and one only.

There are certain emergency circumstances that allow someone else to take over your game-play for a short period of time, such as having someone finish a tourney for you if you have a stroke in the middle of it. Ummmm. Hiccup.

Other than that, ONE account, ONE person. On a related note, ONE person, ONE account.

To the best of my knowledge, this subject has never been raised in this forum. Hmmm.
FIRST I EVER HEARD OF THIS

Old
no - Sat Sep 03, 2011, 08:03 PM
(#4)
no read this article

http://www.pokerlistings.com/poker-r...ntegrity-17598

Grade b

Old
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 08:05 PM
(#5)
Stars tourney rules...1.With trivial exceptions, a player may play on only one account during a tournament and may not "hand off" his seat in mid-event to a different player. Violation of this rule may result in penalties ranging from a warning, to disqualification from the tournament (with partial or full forfeiture of winnings), to barring from PokerStars.

Examples:
2.You get a phone call during a PokerStars tournament. You ask your husband, who has already busted out of that tournament, to play your hands for you. You are on the phone for ten minutes and then resume play. This is permitted.
3.You and a friend, who is a tournament pro, are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account. This is prohibited.
4.You are playing in a tournament and lose power in your home due to a failure of your power station. You call a friend and he takes over until your power is returned. This is permitted.
5.Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament. This is prohibited.

Old
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 08:13 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
One and one only.

????

hey dude, not really sure what you had heard?....but l never or would not hand off a tourney to some one else.

l had stopped playing the premier league the day before my stroke, and never played again until this month,

Some peeps now believe the other, please be clear when making such statements.

cheers all

Last edited by effsea; Sat Sep 03, 2011 at 08:16 PM..

Old
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 08:28 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
????

hey dude, not really sure what you had heard?....but l never or would not hand off a tourney to some one else.

l had stopped playing the premier league the day before my stroke, and never played again until this month,

Some peeps now believe the other, please be clear when making such statements.

cheers all
No no. Sorry for any misunderstanding... I was using a stroke in mid-tourney as a medical emergency example/stroke joke.

Clarence Carter.

See, stroke stroke jokes are too tricky. I'll just stick to drunk and very dry multi-account humor...

Sorry, dude.

To be clear: An unspecified medical emergency that prevents you from finishing a tourney that you've already entered is an acceptable reason to let someone else play on your account until the end of the tourney.

Again, I'm pretty sure this subject has never been covered here.

Old
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 08:45 PM
(#8)
im in the open league this month and i see peeps playing the 1am,5am,9am,1pm,5pm, ......i guess they do not sleep.....i am not accusing anyone it just looks a bit speedy..if u know what i meangl all F.M

Old
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 08:56 PM
(#9)
if you see them does this mean you are in all of them too?

Old
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 08:58 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
HOW ABOUT IF YOU GET TO DRUNK TO SEE THE SCREEN CAN SOMEONE TELL YOU WHAT THE CARDS ARE ??

Old
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 10:20 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
i am hoping pso people can answer this ? ......is it against pokerstar rules to have more than one person playing on an acc ......im sure this has been talked about before gl all F.M
yes it is it states one account per person when you create your account

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 01:04 AM
(#12)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
im in the open league this month and i see peeps playing the 1am,5am,9am,1pm,5pm, ......i guess they do not sleep.....i am not accusing anyone it just looks a bit speedy..if u know what i meangl all F.M
I know what u mean
They must Have good Time Management, or on some thing, team playing or they alien, was the conciseness lol
It was discussed in this thread last month
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-Open-Tournies

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 05:02 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2011
rwtyujkuhtrgewfrtyuioiytr

Last edited by Weee--Waise; Sun Sep 04, 2011 at 09:10 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 05:44 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weee--Waise View Post
something doesn't seem right here.

take a look at this JHpucp player in the open league,played every game yesterday, played well in all 6 games to place in the positive points too boot, do THEY not sleep?

Just seems kind of fishy to me.
This why there should be a limit on the number of games a player can play per month. To stop this BS from happening every month. It makes the playing field anything but level.

Having said that, what these insomniacs/team playing account holders may or may not realise is that while they can get off to a flier, eventually the big money is won once the 2700 point "choke" kicks in. THEN they will have to win pots in order to score points. Teknos and sophie tried this "play every game for 15 days straight to get the insurmountable lead and win $1500" strategy. And in the end, Teknos completely crashed on the last day to finish 8th while sophie played one game (that she didnt need to play) too many and ended up dropping to 3rd on the last day. Yes, they won $900 between them, But compared to the $2500 they were planning on winning between them (and actually had in their grasp on the final day before they unwisely chose to play games that they didnt need to play because they were 1-2 in the standings)...that is an EPIC FAIL. In the end, two BETTER players who DIDN'T go down the insomniac route (setubal and huli) took the top two spots. And DESERVEDLY so.

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 05:56 AM
(#15)
Quote:
lol it can be done and if this is being done then i would not be suprised if some off these players sit in front off there computer screens wearing a diaper so they dont have to go to the bathroom

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 10:45 AM
(#16)
"This why there should be a limit on the number of games a player can play per month. To stop this BS from happening every month. It makes the playing field anything but level."......+1000 gameboy.Honestly folks we can complain or whine all we want but I for one have given up on expecting pokerstars to do much about this or any other thing .e.g(multiaccounting)sat in a freeroll the other day and this person from Brazil was dumb enough to bring up in the chat box that he or she has 3 accounts on pokerstars .....apparently stars either can't police it's own site or just chooses not too quite frankly I don't really give a shyt any more.Anyone who does care is wasting their time and breath as far as I can tell because stars continues to show no interest in making it's site about anything but it's bottom line which I will give them credit that is what they are in business to do....make money.The rest is all bullshyt and a waste of time.......scorp

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 12:07 PM
(#17)
Since: Apr 2011
good to see you back and (hopefully) in good health eff ....
always a class act at the table ..missed you while you were gone ..gl in Sept. m8
cheers r0ck

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 01:50 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
if you see them does this mean you are in all of them too?
hmmm i guess ur another who does not no how to use the leader board...one day you will learn but probably notF.M

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:23 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Stars tourney rules...1.With trivial exceptions, a player may play on only one account during a tournament and may not "hand off" his seat in mid-event to a different player. Violation of this rule may result in penalties ranging from a warning, to disqualification from the tournament (with partial or full forfeiture of winnings), to barring from PokerStars.

Examples:
2.You get a phone call during a PokerStars tournament. You ask your husband, who has already busted out of that tournament, to play your hands for you. You are on the phone for ten minutes and then resume play. This is permitted.
3.You and a friend, who is a tournament pro, are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account. This is prohibited.
4.You are playing in a tournament and lose power in your home due to a failure of your power station. You call a friend and he takes over until your power is returned. This is permitted.
5.Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament. This is prohibited.
actually there is no time when anyone can take over for you

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:50 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Tournament Rules. #20

Unethical Play

Poker is an individual (not a team) game. Any action or chat intended to help another player is unethical and is prohibited. Unethical play, such as soft-play (playing less aggressively against a partner) and chip dumping (intentionally losing chips to a partner), may result in penalties, including seizure of funds from the offender's account and/or termination of the account.
With some exceptions (described below), a player may play on only one account during a tournament and may not ‘hand off’ his seat in mid-event to a different player. Violation of this rule may result in penalties including a warning, disqualification from the tournament (with partial or full forfeiture of winnings), and barring from PokerStars.

Examples of permissible exceptions that we give below are intended to describe examples of unplanned but serious events which are beyond your control.

Examples of things which are not beyond your control and therefore prohibited include:

Going to bed and letting someone else finish the tournament.
Entering a tournament then getting on an airplane, or embarking on any other pre-planned trip, while asking a friend to play your account while you change location.
Deciding that it would be fun to finish the Sunday Million at Joe's house then asking Joe to take over your account, while you make the 30-minute trip to his house.
You and a friend are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account.
Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament.
You have progressed to the final few tables of a tournament and somebody offers you cash equity for your seat. You allow the other player to sign into your account, or you continue to finish the tournament following the explicit instructions given by him.

Examples of things which are beyond your control and therefore allowed, subject to PokerStars being able to corroborate with evidence, include:

A thunderstorm strikes your location and takes the power down for the surrounding area, so you call a friend to take over your account while you make alternative arrangements.
Your child is taken ill and you have to attend hospital, so you call a friend to take over your account.
You are playing in a tournament and lose internet access in your home due to a failure of your ISP. You call a friend and he takes over while you make alternative arrangements.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com