Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Best way to get FPPs

Old
Best way to get FPPs - Sun Sep 04, 2011, 05:41 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
I'm not sure if this has been asked/posted in the forum before. I did a search and came up with nothing.

So here's my question:
What is the best (and fastest) way to make FPPs?

Any response/advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
I would say the sng step taurnaments u advance up the steps and just say u get to the $82 step when u enter that step I think u get 80 points straight up and also can win big cash by playin the step wcoop sngs and selling the wcoop ticket if u win it and then can play more SNG steps and get even more points

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 08:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty10136 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been asked/posted in the forum before. I did a search and came up with nothing.

So here's my question:
What is the best (and fastest) way to make FPPs?

Any response/advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Looks like another newbie who has no idea what the difference is.

FPPS = worthless. Forget these. They can be used to purchase your way into other games, but have no other use.

VPPS = how you qualify for those money prizes. Suggest checking the bankroll section for some suggestions on earning these fast and cheap. You'll find the ring games are your best place. A point to remember - folding will earn points while sitting out will not. There is a difference.

This has to be the most frequently asked question. Somebody didn't search too hard.

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 09:02 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
Have $5 handy.

Go in the the 0.01 / 0.02 Omaha Hi-Lo with a stack of 0.80.

Fold.

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 10:14 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
how is getting free entry into games worthless?

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 10:56 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
first go to the lobby ,second click on cashier,third click on vip store....hmmmm what do you need fpps for again ,oh that's right to buy stuff in the vip store....lol....hope this helps cairn....scorp

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 11:39 AM
(#7)
I'd stay away from step tourneys unless you have a bankroll of $750, the step 1s are $7.50, and it's not that easy to make the next step. Ring games are the easiest way, PLO is by far the loosest game where they are routinely shoving all in pre-flop (reraising each other until they are all in), with AAxx, and some fish will go all in with any pair in their hand. Lots ot 90+% VPIP players in PLO, somehow they win a lot, but eventually they'll lose and it'll be a big pot to award you lots of VPPs. Just play super tight and stay out of most pots.

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 11:53 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post

FPPS = worthless. Forget these. They can be used to purchase your way into other games, but have no other use.

VPPS = how you qualify for those money prizes. Suggest checking the bankroll section for some suggestions on earning these fast and cheap. You'll find the ring games are your best place. A point to remember - folding will earn points while sitting out will not. There is a difference.

This has to be the most frequently asked question. Somebody didn't search too hard.
Gotta luv this response. And just what was it in the OP's question that led you to arrive at this conclusion ?

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 02:22 PM
(#9)
Quote:

*sigh*

Come on Cairn...

First Kitty is NOT a newbie,she's been here for a year,just rarely posts is all. But when she does it's usually a pertinent question or response.

Kitty it really depends on what YOU like to play and are most successful at playing as losing copious amounts of money to earn your VPP/FPP's kinda dilutes the point.

If you like ring tables earn them there. And Cairn's right here,you DO NOT have to do anything beyond being dealt into a hand to acquire points on any hand in which rakeback is paid. The Omaha games will pay off VPP/FPP's at a faster rate because big pots get built much more consistently in that game.

If you prefer MTT's and SNG's always check the tournament info tab and then scroll down to the bottom of the awards schedule tab and it will tell you what the VPP take for the MTT/SNG is. If you are paying ANY rake fee into a MTT/SNG then there will be a VPP payout,even the .10 360 and .10 240 PLO mini-tournaments have a VPP payout (it's miniscule to be sure...) now as there is a penny rake collected from every entry.

Best I can tell you on how the "best" way to collect the VPP/FPP's goes---play what is most comfortable to YOU and let the points take care of themselves. If you have a specific goal vis-a-vis VPP's,for say a league payout bump or something along those lines,then I would suggest that the ring tables are the best place for that. Just play ultra-tight if VPP/FPP accumulation is your main focus.

As to the "worth",or lack thereof,of FPP's try to remember 2 things...

1. You are earning the FPP's at the same time as you are earning your VPP's and at the same rate. So it's not like you have to do anything different.

2. VPP's and FPP's each have value in their own different ways.

VPP's are basically your "status",i.e. they are what determines your star status and ensuing bonuses and what determines what League payouts you're eligible for. Also they are what you clear bonuses with.

FPP's value is their use in the store and,much more importantly IMO,their use in entry fees for FPP specific tournaments and satellites. Open the VIP tab in the tourney section of the main lobby and you'll see the FPP entry options available,they even list them by star status if you like.

There are also always satellites going that are FPP buy-ins,look under the Satellite tab in the main lobby and then click on FPP. There will be standard FPP satty's for weekly events like the Bigger $2.20,the $10K guaranteed,the $70K guaranteed and many more.

There are also always special satellites for things like the PCA,various regional specific satty's and right now the WCOOP has FPP satellites running. Most are step satellites but when you can potentially win an entry to an even like WCOOP #62-The Main Event ($5200 entry normally--$5 Million guaranteed,$1 Million guaranteed to the winner) I call that anything but worthless.

Also Stars will pay you for your FPP's (though someone else will have to tell you what the minimum you need to sell is and what the exchange rate is). From what I've read it's not exactly a stellar exchange rate however.

Kitty I'm pretty sure you know most of this already. Mainly I'm posting this for actual newbies who may not know better. Please,please look around the site and find uses for your FPP's that suit you and remember that one great use of FPP's is for "shot-taking" to try and get an entry to a tournament which normally would be far outside of your normal BR parameters.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sun Sep 04, 2011 at 02:36 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 05:28 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
DIDN'T I TELL YOU MOXIE ?

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:08 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
*sigh*

Come on Cairn...

First Kitty is NOT a newbie,she's been here for a year,just rarely posts is all. But when she does it's usually a pertinent question or response.

Kitty it really depends on what YOU like to play and are most successful at playing as losing copious amounts of money to earn your VPP/FPP's kinda dilutes the point.

If you like ring tables earn them there. And Cairn's right here,you DO NOT have to do anything beyond being dealt into a hand to acquire points on any hand in which rakeback is paid. The Omaha games will pay off VPP/FPP's at a faster rate because big pots get built much more consistently in that game.

If you prefer MTT's and SNG's always check the tournament info tab and then scroll down to the bottom of the awards schedule tab and it will tell you what the VPP take for the MTT/SNG is. If you are paying ANY rake fee into a MTT/SNG then there will be a VPP payout,even the .10 360 and .10 240 PLO mini-tournaments have a VPP payout (it's miniscule to be sure...) now as there is a penny rake collected from every entry.

Best I can tell you on how the "best" way to collect the VPP/FPP's goes---play what is most comfortable to YOU and let the points take care of themselves. If you have a specific goal vis-a-vis VPP's,for say a league payout bump or something along those lines,then I would suggest that the ring tables are the best place for that. Just play ultra-tight if VPP/FPP accumulation is your main focus.

As to the "worth",or lack thereof,of FPP's try to remember 2 things...

1. You are earning the FPP's at the same time as you are earning your VPP's and at the same rate. So it's not like you have to do anything different.

2. VPP's and FPP's each have value in their own different ways.

VPP's are basically your "status",i.e. they are what determines your star status and ensuing bonuses and what determines what League payouts you're eligible for. Also they are what you clear bonuses with.

FPP's value is their use in the store and,much more importantly IMO,their use in entry fees for FPP specific tournaments and satellites. Open the VIP tab in the tourney section of the main lobby and you'll see the FPP entry options available,they even list them by star status if you like.

There are also always satellites going that are FPP buy-ins,look under the Satellite tab in the main lobby and then click on FPP. There will be standard FPP satty's for weekly events like the Bigger $2.20,the $10K guaranteed,the $70K guaranteed and many more.

There are also always special satellites for things like the PCA,various regional specific satty's and right now the WCOOP has FPP satellites running. Most are step satellites but when you can potentially win an entry to an even like WCOOP #62-The Main Event ($5200 entry normally--$5 Million guaranteed,$1 Million guaranteed to the winner) I call that anything but worthless.

Also Stars will pay you for your FPP's (though someone else will have to tell you what the minimum you need to sell is and what the exchange rate is). From what I've read it's not exactly a stellar exchange rate however.

Kitty I'm pretty sure you know most of this already. Mainly I'm posting this for actual newbies who may not know better. Please,please look around the site and find uses for your FPP's that suit you and remember that one great use of FPP's is for "shot-taking" to try and get an entry to a tournament which normally would be far outside of your normal BR parameters.

THATS WHAT U CALL A ANSWER TO A Q .

I've put my foot in my mouth in here more than once, and apologize. However, especially for newbies (and kitty doesnt apply if shes been around for a year; i know ive seen her in daves live training) lets be more open armed. Shoot she's probobly an amazing f**ing poker player, why condecend? Itseems there are folks here that can give a legit answer to most q's (like moxie), lets give them an opportuninity before making this place look bad.

Last edited by johannfl; Sun Sep 04, 2011 at 06:15 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:11 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannfl View Post
THATS WHAT U CALL A ANSWER TO A Q .

I've put my foot in my mouth in here more than once, and apologize. However, especially for newbies (and kitty doesnt apply if shes been around for a year; i know ive seen her in daves live training) lets be more open armed. it seems there are folke here that can give a legit answer to most q's (like moxie), lets give them an opportuninity before making this place look bad.
did you quote the wrong post? your reply starts out like you are slamming Mox, then you are praising him.... I think maybe you meant to quote cairns snarly response??

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:13 PM
(#13)
Quote:

lol noob, FPP are worth a lot, dont know what you see wrong with free tournaments, whoever said using the step tournies, thats a good idea

also shortstacking NL/PL Omaha cash games works too.

Last edited by tmlms13; Sun Sep 04, 2011 at 06:16 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:29 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
did you quote the wrong post? your reply starts out like you are slamming Mox, then you are praising him.... I think maybe you meant to quote cairns snarly response??
no goober, i wasnt being sarcastic in any way. i sd that was a real answer. where else would u get advice like that w/ out paying for it. and i said in a nice way to cairn to quit being so rude to a "newbie" if they do post. I didnt wanna bring up any names but i love hearing from folks that love this game as much as me, and i was saying , if you dont have anything construstive to say in a nice way, shut the f**k up. So why are u confused about this, problem w/ english, do i need to further explain?

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:33 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
wow you are a pleasant fella aren't you? carry on being an asshat then!

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:43 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannfl View Post
no goober, i wasnt being sarcastic in any way. i sd that was a real answer. where else would u get advice like that w/ out paying for it. and i said in a nice way to cairn to quit being so rude to a "newbie" if they do post. I didnt wanna bring up any names but i love hearing from folks that love this game as much as me, and i was saying , if you dont have anything construstive to say in a nice way, shut the f**k up. So why are u confused about this, problem w/ english, do i need to further explain?
O.K, I'll keep it simple and even gramatiacally correct. I appreciated Moxie's post. He apparently knows what he's talking about. I'm glad he gave a great answer to her question. It would be kind if fellow members of PSO would not make any future, not that she was one, newbie's feel like a fu**in' idiot.

Now that is just my opinion , last I checked, I still have one. Ever wanna stop fu**in w/ me on forum and play, I have a home room. e mail johanngalloway@rocketmail.com. (its not micro stakes).

your friend , jo

ps ..im so sick of posting or responding on here and someone just pissing on me. wtf?

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:52 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
wow, anger management courses might be in order

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 07:02 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
I'll say it again, I find the FPPS to have little to no value for the bronze player. Now I did a bit of research, here is what I found:

Under Tourney - VIP - Bronze:

All games, with two exceptions, are turbo games. Price: 10 - 70 FPPS
Two "normal" games, 15-minutes per round. Price: 50 FPPS

Then I checked the VIP store. Must admit, I never checked here:

$10 ------ Price: 750 VPPS + 1 FPPS
$25 ------ Price: 2,500 FPPS

Step tickets: Not available to Bronze, but costs start at 250 FPPS
Gifts: Start at 200 FPPS

Under Events - FPPS:

Games start at 20 FPPS, all turbo, hyper-turbo, or rebuy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now as has been said, who can argue with the free entry. I'm not a fan of turbo games, or the rebuy games, which is the primary game available to the bronze player. I'll be the first to say the selection when you become silver makes it more worthwhile, but the FPPS is not what those playing in the league need. They are an interesting byproduct to earning the VPPS, like gold when mining for copper. You don't turn it down, but until you begin earning sufficient VPPS to accumulate these FPPS, I find the bonuses not enticing.

If you enjoy the turbo format, or like playing rebuy games, then the FPPS earned as a bronze is a worthwhile venture.

As to the charge of "snarly," I suppose my problem is how often people confuse these two award programs. The differences are clearly explained in the school literature. There is no mention of any FPPS being needed for the school. Perhaps the biggest reason for the confusion was the promotion where new members received 500 FPPS, which is nice, but does nothing to enhance your status in the school. Within the online school's league, FPPS are worthless. That is why I say people should ignore, or forget, the FPPS program. Outside the school, they serve a purpose.

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 07:03 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
wow you are a pleasant fella aren't you? carry on being an asshat then!
yeah ur right, ive never been described as a ' pleasant fellow.'

I dont mean no harm, just talkin.

I'm going back to germany in nov. maybe u can catch a train over and lets find a great place to play. i'm assuming your english. Please dont mind my abrasive american skin.

I didnt mean to come off as a jack ass . sorry. god bless and gl, johannn.

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 07:10 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
sounds like a great idea! you germans are always such nice people I look forward to it!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com