Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Hmmm - not quite perfect day at PSO ....

Old
Hmmm - not quite perfect day at PSO .... - Sun Sep 04, 2011, 06:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
So - I made a final table in my afternoon PSO Tournament, the additional time for which meant I had to dash out to the shops, dash back, start cooking up a chilli con carne, remember to register for PSO Premier and UKIPT 7pm tourneys.

I forgot to put the rice on until ten to seven, so left the chilli to simmer, tried it, not hot enough, chopped another chilli to add, heard the pokerstars tables pop up - ran through and folded a few trash hands...heard the rice pot boiling over, ran through to switch it off, wiped my sweaty brow with unwashed chilli juice still on my hands - eyes start to burn - PS urgent action alarm is jangling.....

....through watery eyes I just see my cards as the system folds them.....NOOOOOOO!!!....

*********** # 5 **************PokerStars Game #67010084634: Tournament #432665754, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level I (20/40) - 2011/09/04 19:08:19 WET [2011/09/04 14:08:19 ET]Table '432665754 82' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: Push_mann (2560 in chips) Seat 2: Cherevkovo (2060 in chips) Seat 3: night women (2440 in chips) Seat 4: silvermaus (2700 in chips) Seat 5: vegasjj49 (2820 in chips) Seat 6: dipic (2420 in chips) Seat 7: leedogg19 (2500 in chips) Seat 8: EdinFreeMan (2500 in chips) Seat 9: ELPAYAS0 (2500 in chips) dipic: posts small blind 20leedogg19: posts big blind 40*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to EdinFreeMan [Ah As]EdinFreeMan has timed outEdinFreeMan: folds EdinFreeMan is sitting outEdinFreeMan has returnedELPAYAS0 has timed outELPAYAS0: folds ELPAYAS0 is sitting outPush_mann: folds Cherevkovo: folds night women: folds silvermaus: folds vegasjj49 has timed outvegasjj49: folds vegasjj49 is sitting outvegasjj49 has returneddipic: calls 20leedogg19: checks *** FLOP *** [7c 9c Kh]dipic: checks leedogg19: checks *** TURN *** [7c 9c Kh] [5d]dipic: bets 40leedogg19: calls 40*** RIVER *** [7c 9c Kh 5d] [9h]dipic said, "awow"dipic: checks leedogg19: checks *** SHOW DOWN ***dipic: shows [5c Ad] (two pair, Nines and Fives)leedogg19: mucks hand dipic collected 160 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 160 | Rake 0 Board [7c 9c Kh 5d 9h]Seat 1: Push_mann folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: Cherevkovo folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: night women folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: silvermaus folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: vegasjj49 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: dipic (small blind) showed [5c Ad] and won (160) with two pair, Nines and FivesSeat 7: leedogg19 (big blind) mucked [Qs Tc]Seat 8: EdinFreeMan folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: ELPAYAS0 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Great start I think not...

Consoled myself that this early in a PSO Premier tournament I would not be getting much action for my rockets anyway.

And things do get better - I realise Premier League Table has updated and I am up to 4th, my game stays solid and at 9pm a loud bang announces the start of the Edinburgh Festival Fireworks...so I put the orchestral music that accompanies the fireworks on the radio and stare out of my window for an hour, barely concentrating on the poker. By the end of that hour we are at the bubble and I go on to make a deep run to the last 3 tables, finally dumped when my AQ misses and the opponent's A9 catches a 9.

Quite surreal tournament really, went by as in a dream, nothing like the intensity I felt in the previous tourney fighting to get to the ft.

Looking forward to the next update and a good nights sleep.

Not quite the perfect day at PSO...but almost

Good luck all...

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sun Sep 04, 2011 at 06:56 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 07:40 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
so how was the chili ? hope the rice wasnt gloopy

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 07:41 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Priceless tale FreeMan.

We have a saying at home when a poker siren goes off. It's called 'I'm coming aces!' However on arrival at the screen one invariably finds 73o/s or other such dross.

4th is great. Well done.

nv

Old
Dream Topping for Afters - Sun Sep 04, 2011, 08:33 PM
(#4)
The chilli was voluminous but not quite up to scratch, the rice sticky but not gloopy.....
and the dream topping for afters.....the next update hits and 21st place tonight lifted me up to 1st.

I know it only lasts a few hours but I can say I have been there, done that (does anyone know where I get the T-shirt?)

To sleep perchance to dream....

good night and good luck

Old
Sun Sep 04, 2011, 08:50 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
sticky but not gloopy sounds nice so does 1st place

i hope you keep it up and finish strong

Old
Reality Check - Mon Sep 05, 2011, 06:30 AM
(#6)
Have to say its nice to wake up and see your poker moniker still showing top of the league, especially when it is on the home page 'top ten' so you don't even need to go to the league pages.

Back to reality though - I have to do some other stuff after a mad weekend of poker, and there are issues in the league standings as some people didn't get their tickets, or got them late, or got them and played but have not been scored the points they were due. So the current league points are not a true reflection and will have to be recalculated, or worst case scenario the league will be restarted from scratch at some point.

C'est la vie. At least I can be happy with my play over the 6 tourneys, and I really enjoyed my poker at PSO over the weekend.

I'll just keep plugging away at whatever they put in front of me.

Good luck all.

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Sep 05, 2011 at 06:35 AM..

Old
Mon Sep 05, 2011, 03:57 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
Nice tale Ed I think you may be Scotlands answer to Terry Wogan, the gift of the gab indeed. I like your "start the league all over again " My nightmare start would be a distant memory, you name it I've had it busted the last 2 days. GL

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com