Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Something is not Right

Old
Default
Something is not Right - Mon Sep 05, 2011, 02:55 PM
(#1)
gatehouse999's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 259
Before I start I know I will prob get slaughterd for suggesting somethings not right but here go's, 29 mins into the league game and I get 2 new players at the table, A chech with 11k and a South African with almost 16k. The first hand I get pkt 10's and the chech raises to 480 everyone folds and I raise to 2.8k he calls with A 3 and of course hits an A. Shit happens but come on 27k between them after 29 mins and both pop into the table at the same time ?, I have played enough of the Prem games they are way tighter than that.

Last edited by gatehouse999; Mon Sep 05, 2011 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: .
 
Old
Default
Mon Sep 05, 2011, 03:08 PM
(#2)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
If you can remember their names and look them up for last month I'm thinking you'll likely find that they jumped up from the Open League. Remember 500 players from the Open League are going to rotate into the Premier League each month. Stands to figure a few of them will be ATC monkey types as making the top 500 in the Open League doesn't look to be something that's beyond the grasp of truly bad players.

Sauce for the goose Gate. Or in this case fish for the barrel.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Mon Sep 05, 2011 at 03:11 PM..
 
Old
Default
Mon Sep 05, 2011, 03:50 PM
(#3)
gatehouse999's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 259
I see what your saying Moxie, Its just the way they both sprang on to my table with so many chips so early in the game, 1 of them okay that happens but 2 at the same time ??? Fishy I tells ya.
 
Old
Default
Mon Sep 05, 2011, 05:20 PM
(#4)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,226
BronzeStar
You're in the wrong place mate. We're having some good games in the Open League
 
Old
Default
Mon Sep 05, 2011, 05:50 PM
(#5)
effsea's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,609
Well l am doing very poor in the pl which seems to be correct,

But l do have two tickets...lol

and not on the leader board....thank god

Also ran into a few players telling me they don't belong in the pl....go figure....lol

1st day was knock out twice with quad three's....hiccup

all seems to be same to me.....ok back to playing sober, which is the hardest thing l ever had to do,

cheers all
 
Old
Default
Mon Sep 05, 2011, 07:27 PM
(#6)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Sooo many issues this weekend.
Hopefully in the future, staff will consider upping the amount of support when the end of the month falls on a weekend, particularly a holiday one.
 
Old
Default
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 01:39 AM
(#7)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,226
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Sooo many issues this weekend.
Hopefully in the future, staff will consider upping the amount of support when the end of the month falls on a weekend, particularly a holiday one.
How's that gonna help with the random posts?
 
Old
Default
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 04:16 AM
(#8)
gatehouse999's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 259
Darkman you are 100% spot on I am in the wrong place, foolishly thought I could mix it with the "big boys" but they keep stealing my sweets and toys, if I had an older brother I would send him round and sort them out.
 
Old
Default
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 11:03 AM
(#9)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
How's that gonna help with the random posts?
No idea what this means.
 
Old
Default
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 12:32 PM
(#10)
pokerbhoy74's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatehouse999 View Post
Before I start I know I will prob get slaughterd for suggesting somethings not right but here go's, 29 mins into the league game and I get 2 new players at the table, A chech with 11k and a South African with almost 16k. The first hand I get pkt 10's and the chech raises to 480 everyone folds and I raise to 2.8k he calls with A 3 and of course hits an A. Shit happens but come on 27k between them after 29 mins and both pop into the table at the same time ?, I have played enough of the Prem games they are way tighter than that.
Its a conspiracy I tells you
 
Old
Default
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 12:41 PM
(#11)
Crumblepie's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
No idea what this means.
It is a random post.
 
Old
Default
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 02:47 PM
(#12)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,226
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblepie View Post
It is a random post.
 
Old
Default
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 12:00 AM
(#13)
dale442's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 553
I've noticed a massive increase in pairs hitting the board on the flop.

Yeah, I know,...it's rigged.

Eyes open.

Dale
 
Old
Default
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 12:25 AM
(#14)
mcrissinger's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,650
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale442 View Post
I've noticed a massive increase in pairs hitting the board on the flop.

Yeah, I know,...it's rigged.

Eyes open.

Dale
I just played a play money tourney and flopped 5 sets, 2 turned into boats on turn. Out of 210 hands. Had 4 other PPs that didn't see a flop, but I assume they would've been sets too.

I like that sort of rigging.

And I hate the fact that I can't be on real money tables getting smacked with the deck like that. ARGH <~~~ not tobacco.
 
Old
Default
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 12:32 AM
(#15)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
I just played a play money tourney and flopped 5 sets, 2 turned into boats on turn. Out of 210 hands. Had 4 other PPs that didn't see a flop, but I assume they would've been sets too.

I like that sort of rigging.

And I hate the fact that I can't be on real money tables getting smacked with the deck like that. ARGH <~~~ not tobacco.

IF NOT TOBACCO WHAT COULD IT BE ??

PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY 4:20 SO I CAN GET TO ANOTHER JOINT



 
Old
Default
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 12:42 AM
(#16)
dale442's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 553
Start a bit of a poll...

I've played MTT's, sit n go's, pl, cash ring games over the weekend and today. Many paired flops.

In the 15% range or better. Way too high.

Dale
 
Old
Default
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 01:14 AM
(#17)
mcrissinger's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,650
BronzeStar
I didn't see paired flops, every one of my PPs hit the set on the flop.

I think my "run good" button was turned way the hell on.

Oh wait, there was a JJJ flop, which boated my 22. I guess that kinda counts.

Nothing strikes me as being any different than it had been before the recent software update, but I have a very small sample size to base my opinion on.

Interesting side-note... Everyone seems to remember their bad beats the most, but by the end of the tourney I thought that I had flopped sets no less than 10 times. So, I guess the good hits stick with you sometimes as well... YAY play chips!
 
Old
Default
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 01:31 AM
(#18)
dale442's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 553
Not a "Bad beat" type of post.

Just an observation. You tend to notice paired flops. Time after time........

Dale
 
Old
Default
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 02:18 AM
(#19)
iso9999's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale442 View Post
Not a "Bad beat" type of post.

Just an observation. You tend to notice paired flops. Time after time........

Dale
 
Old
Default
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 03:22 AM
(#20)
77wopke77's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 482
BronzeStar
my sofware has to be rigged!

My AA flopped AA+ joker, had a split pot whit exactly the straight flush as i had 98765 of hearts

and when i looked at an other showdown the 1 dude had 4 jacks and a joker and lost of 5 straight jacks.

or does it mean i have to get some sleep
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com