Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

19honu62 A9 hand HU

Old
19honu62 A9 hand HU - Mon Sep 05, 2011, 05:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Ok Posse,

I told you I would run the numbers and see if this was correct. Remember we are HU and about even in stack i wake up with A9 off in sb and Villain is a very wide 34/26 vpip/pfr. After running the preliminary Holdem Resources numbers, it is indeed a shove and here are the ranges.

22+, Ax+, K4s+, KTo+, Q5s+, QTo+, J7s+, J9o+, T7s+, T9o+, 96s,86s,76s, 65s

his calling range is

33+, A2s+, A7s, KTs+, KTo+, QJs

Keep in mind we are not worried about being results oriented.

Gidee up!

Old
Mon Sep 05, 2011, 05:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Hi Chris

My instinct during the session was that you were probably correct to shove the A9o, but I didn't remember exact circumstances so couldn't run the numbers, good to see the results.

Not so sure about the 44 shove you made at the table I was at with you later on, as it seemed a lot of chips relatively early in the tournament. Hope you reviewed that one too. I only managed 5th, i.e. equal-last, shoving ATo into JJ, when I was 5th of 5 and blinds had just gone up to 150 putting me on about 7.5 BBs.

I don't often play single table sitngos so it was good to try another different format. I won't be switching to these just now but who knows, with a bit more training they do look attractive.

I also railed a few of your tables later in the day and you seemed to be running good with several 1st places and other cashes. Particularly got fascinated by your heads up battle with some german guy that seemed to last an age.

Thanks for another good training session - I'm sure all of this has made a great improvement in my game in a relatively short time.

Thanks and good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Mon Sep 05, 2011, 07:04 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
yes my 44 jam was a misclick as i had too many tables running and i usually tile them but this one was popped right over top of another and i clicked all in on wrong table. I did have 5 x 1st in the single tables and 1 x 2nd and 3 x 3rd. Gonna fire some more up right now.

Gidee Up!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com