(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
AKs in late position facing 3bet from BB effective stack 250bb+

Is just a call? 4bet? shove?

Old
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 12:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Do you expect a simple answer with the best decision to be taken ? Bad news, there isn't one.

It depends on a lot of factors, like the 3bet%, fold to steal% of the guy in the BB, him being able to play the opponent not the cards and if so your steal%, him being TAG, LAG, donk, your image at the table, the number of hands that you're basing your stats on, instinct, etc.

Old
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 12:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
It really depends on table dynamics
Is the BB loose/tight/passive ?
What 2 cards have you seen that they have played ?
How big is their stack ? Can you you bet him off the hand ?
If you call the pre flop raise and miss , its an easy fold if they have a PP and trip up and bet first

Old
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 12:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Way too villain dependant to give you any descent answer, but I'm never or very close to never shoving AK, suited or no, 250 deep.

Old
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 12:49 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
What they said.

The only thing that's certain is, it will almost always be a spew to stack off AK pre 250bb's deep, only going to be profitable against a select group of really bad spewtard villains.

Old
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 12:55 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
ty for all answers I do realise every hand is situation dependent I was just trying to get a general idea. keep them coming. ty.

Old
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 01:03 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
What they said.

The only thing that's certain is, it will almost always be a spew to stack off AK pre 250bb's deep, only going to be profitable against a select group of really bad spewtard villains.
thanks for not using my name specifically Dave....

Old
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 01:07 PM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
What they said.

I can't wait for JDean's response
Hope your sitting comfortably

Old
Tue Sep 06, 2011, 01:19 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
I can't wait for JDean's response
Hope your sitting comfortably

I was trying to save JD time by posting the cliff notes version. ;P

Old
Fri Sep 09, 2011, 04:47 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
at this stage in my poker game play, i would call almolst 100% of the time in this situation, and focus on post flop play.

if i 4 bet and he pushes i got myself into a sit. i dont wanna be in (vomit) which is

going all in w/ ak pre 250 bb deep

the only exception is if villain is always doing this ..esp. w/ a and k rags, etc, . and im prob ahead, then ill take all his chips, sure. id love to play that hand if im crushing him most times, its a coin flip the remaining 20-30%, and I loose only 20% bad luck/suckout. Those odds i feel comfortable w/.

the way i see it is even flat calling, on a 3 bet, shows a lot of strength too. if villain 3 bet to steal and i call, i think he would be smart to be very careful post flop, and hate any continued aggression from me.

i guess thats pretty basic, but thats where im at now.

Last edited by johannfl; Fri Sep 09, 2011 at 05:21 AM..

Old
Fri Sep 09, 2011, 04:58 AM
(#11)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
I was trying to save JD time by posting the cliff notes version. ;P

LMFAO

Dale

P.S. but well worth it

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com