Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

League errors beginning of month

Old
League errors beginning of month - Wed Sep 07, 2011, 11:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
Hi Everyone,

As many of you are aware, we made a mistake in issuing tickets to the Leagues this month. It was the first month we had to combine members from the three leagues and obviously we didn’t iron out the process and the result is that 290 members from the Open League were incorrectly awarded a ticket and 290 members from the Premier League were not awarded their ticket. We have now rectified those problems and have settled on what we think is the best way forward for the two leagues given that there will be winners and losers no matter which decisions we make.

The main concern for the Premier League is that some players have missed tournaments where they could have earned points. They also could have lost points, but we understand that they aren’t really thinking about this aspect now. However, players coming into the Premier League with 1500 points today are ahead of half of the field – the median score was 1497. And several players that finished in the top 10 last month skipped tournaments in the closing days – with one particular player skipping all tournaments from August 17th on. On average the top 10 players in last months league played 44 tournaments and the winner played 36. So we have decided that we should not take any action to address this issue.

This is even less of a concern for the Open League as there are even more tournaments in the month and even more skipping of final tournaments by the league leaders and so we are also not going to address this issue in the Open League either. However, we are offering the players that have been removed from the Premier League a small consolation series of freerolls - because we know that they genuinely believed they had earned a spot in the Premier League and have a real sense of loss.

The other concern regards the scoring of the leagues. Both will be rescored with the players that were incorrectly in them being removed.

There may be other issues and if we have overlooked a compelling one, we will consider how to address it. But we are anxious to put this behind us and get back to watching the competition. We deeply regret that we have caused such confusion and frustration and will work hard to make sure future months are kicked off without a hitch.

Sincerely,

The PSO Team

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Last edited by PSO Admin; Thu Oct 06, 2011 at 10:25 AM..

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 12:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Thanks for the apology and explanation.

I am very surprised by the numbers involved, I wasn't expecting them to be that high. I understand your decisions although I think you will find with the changes to the premier format this month, come the end of the month most premier players including the top end players will have played a lot more tournaments than in August and be more likely to back themselves to pick up still more points in the closing stages.

Any idea when the league recalculations will be completed?

Thanks for getting it sorted - just want to crack on now.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 02:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
There was always going to be glitches so it's understandable.
Just want the table to be updated so i can see where i am.
No worries. B

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 09:04 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Ya it's all good as long as you all have Caught on to it, that's the main thing, and you all have Been Very Prompt with your action...I thank you for your hard work and Diligence in Solving this matter as Quickly as you all did over at Stars and the PSO

Old
Still playing??? - Wed Sep 07, 2011, 09:54 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Why are there STILL players who apparently shouldn't be in the league playing at my table in the Prem. as of Sept 7, 1600 PT? I got 2 tickets posted to my account on Sept.5 . Perhaps this month is FUBARed and should be just opened up as some kind of practice league and resumed with CORRECT tickets based on August results on the 3rd of Oct.

Old
Prem tickets given to players ranked 7000+? - Wed Sep 07, 2011, 09:57 PM
(#6)
I played TODAY with a player who was ranked 7352 in the Prem Qualifier League

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 10:02 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2twww View Post
What did they place in the open?

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 10:23 PM
(#8)
They weren't in it! I checked every name in ALL Leagues.

It occurs to me that the PSO should publish a list of which players got tickets to the Prem, their rankings in any league they played in, and who STILL has Prem Tickets.

This just keeps getting more fubared.

Old
Wed Sep 07, 2011, 10:24 PM
(#9)
I was just looking up my ooponents rankings and records as I played them in the Prem league and found some disturbing stats. Of the 5 I checked 3 did not APPEAR to be eligible. There may be many reasons for this but to find 3 on the same table the first time I checked is very odd. 2 of them finished as of AUG 31 in the Open Skill League at 676 and 887th position. I checked and only the top 500 make it. Why are these players at a table in the Prem? The last one was ranked 7352 in the Prem Skill Qualifier League. Again same question...Why? Since then I have found 1 more with no record at all in any league. Maybe others should start checking as well.

Read more: Qualified to play Prem League? - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1XJmQnfwi

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 12:04 AM
(#10)
Geeeeeeee

Some people haven't read the rules to qualify

Player also qualify through Premier qualifier
One player was in the 20,000 in open league, but top 20 in the qualifier

Also it's not necessarily the top 500 of Open, as some players don't have the VPP's, therefore it could go to 1,000th place, who knows!!

Same goes with the Premier, instead of top 800, it could be top 1,300

So please don't ASSume

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 01:31 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
Hi Everyone,

As many of you are aware, we made a mistake in issuing tickets to the Leagues this month. It was the first month we had to combine members from the three leagues and obviously we didn’t iron out the process and the result is that 290 members from the Open League were incorrectly awarded a ticket and 290 members from the Premier League were not awarded their ticket. We have now rectified those problems and have settled on what we think is the best way forward for the two leagues given that there will be winners and losers no matter which decisions we make.

The main concern for the Premier League is that some players have missed tournaments where they could have earned points. They also could have lost points, but we understand that they aren’t really thinking about this aspect now. However, players coming into the Premier League with 1500 points today are ahead of half of the field – the median score was 1497. And several players that finished in the top 10 last month skipped tournaments in the closing days – with one particular player skipping all tournaments from August 17th on. On average the top 10 players in last months league played 44 tournaments and the winner played 36. So we have decided that we should not take any action to address this issue.

This is even less of a concern for the Open League as there are even more tournaments in the month and even more skipping of final tournaments by the league leaders and so we are also not going to address this issue in the Open League either. However, we are offering the players that have been removed from the Premier League a small consolation series of freerolls - because we know that they genuinely believed they had earned a spot in the Premier League and have a real sense of loss.

The other concern regards the scoring of the leagues. Both will be rescored with the players that were incorrectly in them being removed.

There may be other issues and if we have overlooked a compelling one, we will consider how to address it. But we are anxious to put this behind us and get back to watching the competition. We deeply regret that we have caused such confusion and frustration and will work hard to make sure future months are kicked off without a hitch.

Sincerely,

The PSO Team
thanks for the explanation & hallo to all players...

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 03:19 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
This is how PSO rolls when they get boned with a massive, um, "bad beat," before or after "Black Friday..."

As best as they possibly can.

It ain't easy for them, but they keep trying to make it right for everyone.

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 05:32 AM
(#13)
(Administrator)
Can you please confirm who this was so that we can check? At this point I am not aware that anyone that should not be playing is able to.

Quote:
Why are there STILL players who apparently shouldn't be in the league playing at my table in the Prem. as of Sept 7, 1600 PT? I got 2 tickets posted to my account on Sept.5 . Perhaps this month is FUBARed and should be just opened up as some kind of practice league and resumed with CORRECT tickets based on August results on the 3rd of Oct.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 06:04 AM
(#14)
(Administrator)
Quote:
I checked all yesterdays and todays prem league events in the client and that user did not participate in any of them. I went to last months prem qualifier league and found user palyndra23 in position 7352 so assume that is the player you are referring to.

At this time we are confident that only the correct 1500 eligible players for the premier league are able to play.

However, if anyone believes that there are still any problems feel free to let me know and I will look into it.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 06:05 AM
(#15)
(Administrator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer73 View Post
There was always going to be glitches so it's understandable.
Just want the table to be updated so i can see where i am.
No worries. B
Leaderboard will be updated very soon. Issue is fixed and calculations running now.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 08:01 AM
(#16)
Thanx to the PSO staff for clearing up this issue,and all the hard work you guys do it is appreciated even tho it may seem sometimes not to be.....scorp

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 08:28 AM
(#17)
TO PSO staff and pokerstars noticed something interesting on the PL leader-board there is a player JCpucp in 1011th place currently and on the open league leader board the ;leaders name isJHpucp both have the same flag by their names and 20 vpps.Now I'm not accusing anyone of anything but seems like an odd coincidence to have such similar names and stats .Perhaps this is something staff could investigate for possibly a mistake .thnx.....scorp

Last edited by scorpion1367; Thu Sep 08, 2011 at 08:58 AM..

Old
Effects of VPP requirement in Open Skill League for advancement to Premier League - Thu Sep 08, 2011, 10:42 AM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
If you look at the top 50 players of the Open Skill League for August, you will see that only 28 players met the 20 VPP qualification requirement to move to the Premier Skill League for September.
Personally I finished 16th and unfortunately did not have the 20 VPP's in JULY either and therefore despite my high ranking was not allowed to move up to the Premier League.

I am sure that many others below the 50th position also did not meet the 20 VPP requirement and therefore it is entirely possible for someone to finish in 1000th spot in the Open Skill League and still advance to the Premier Skill League.
It would be nice if the 20 VPP qualifier would be dropped or as a minimum, the qualification would be for the same month as the League results.

In my case, not having any money in my account, I did not make my 20 VPP's in August either, so once again, even if I end up high in the Open Skill League for this month, I will not be able to advance.

However, due to my 16th place finish in the Open Skill League of August, I earned $5.00, which should allow me to make 20 VPP's in the month of September, so with a high enough finish in the Open Skill League in October, I should be able to play in the Premier Skill League in November.

A lot of effort and planning if you don't have the means.

Bottom line is this, it is possible for players who finished rather low in the Open Skill League to advance to the Premier Skill League, while many skilled players who finished high, remain stuck in the Open Skill League.

This seems a rather unsatisfactory situation to both Premier Skill League players and high finishers in the Open Skill League alike.
Maybe this is something that remains to be adjusted, unless the Premier Skill League is really there to reward frequent cash players.

In principle the VPP requirement has nothing to do with skill.

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 10:47 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJammin View Post
If you look at the top 50 players of the Open Skill League for August, you will see that only 28 players met the 20 VPP qualification requirement to move to the Premier Skill League for September.
Personally I finished 16th and unfortunately did not have the 20 VPP's in JULY either and therefore despite my high ranking was not allowed to move up to the Premier League.

I am sure that many others below the 50th position also did not meet the 20 VPP requirement and therefore it is entirely possible for someone to finish in 1000th spot in the Open Skill League and still advance to the Premier Skill League.
It would be nice if the 20 VPP qualifier would be dropped or as a minimum, the qualification would be for the same month as the League results.

In my case, not having any money in my account, I did not make my 20 VPP's in August either, so once again, even if I end up high in the Open Skill League for this month, I will not be able to advance.

However, due to my 16th place finish in the Open Skill League of August, I earned $5.00, which should allow me to make 20 VPP's in the month of September, so with a high enough finish in the Open Skill League in October, I should be able to play in the Premier Skill League in November.

A lot of effort and planning if you don't have the means.

Bottom line is this, it is possible for players who finished rather low in the Open Skill League to advance to the Premier Skill League, while many skilled players who finished high, remain stuck in the Open Skill League.

This seems a rather unsatisfactory situation to both Premier Skill League players and high finishers in the Open Skill League alike.
Maybe this is something that remains to be adjusted, unless the Premier Skill League is really there to reward frequent cash players.

In principle the VPP requirement has nothing to do with skill.
YOU NEED TO GO BACK AND READ THE RULES AGAIN
IF YOU FINISH IN THE TOP 500 AND EARN 20 VPP'S THIS MONTH YOU WILL GO TO THE P.L.
GOOD LUCK

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 11:01 AM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
YOU NEED TO GO BACK AND READ THE RULES AGAIN
IF YOU FINISH IN THE TOP 500 AND EARN 20 VPP'S THIS MONTH YOU WILL GO TO THE P.L.
GOOD LUCK

No D, the top 500 finishers with 20 vpps advance. Pretty sure you knew that and just misspoke.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com