Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

150VPP Player disadvantaged

Old
150VPP Player disadvantaged - Thu Sep 08, 2011, 01:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
There must be more changes here al PSSL, it just isnt right that 20VPPs players hit top of the Premier Leaderboard and take 500$ and push down a player with 150VPPs down to 3350$, and so on where other prizes are affected in the same way, who made an effort in going to ring games or where ever and scored his/her 150VPPs thus losing huge amounts of cash. I think Premier as its name suggests should be only for the players who make 150VPPs, making it a league of its own which was the point all along. This must be seriously looked at as real cash is involved and there should be no hiccups about this.As it stands now players are disadvantaged by this system and this league must be fair to the players making an effort, and i think there would be more money made by the PokerStars if they made that change thus pushing player with 20VPPs to in their own right, once making 150VPPs, deserve a spot to battle for the top prizes here. Please if you are a 150VPP player support this suggestion and lets make this PSSL a good one and fair to all.

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 01:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
As the Premier League is currently of little interest to me, I'll leave it to others to respnd to your comments. But I sure think I'm gonna need a big bag of popcorn when returning to read this thread tomorrow

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 02:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Donk 2 NV View Post
...and push down a player with 150VPPs... who made an effort in going to ring games or where ever and scored his/her 150VPPs thus losing huge amounts of cash.
I suspect you may have just made a whole lot of buddy lists.

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 02:02 PM
(#4)
I make much more than 150 vpp`s a month and I totally disagree with you

If you lose money making vpp`s than you don`t deserve to be in the Premier league. You haven`t learned about bankroll management.
Step 1 Learn to play poker
Step 2 Learn about bankroll management
Step 3 ONLY then should you be looking at vpp`s

Don`t forget, it`s a business for them, if they can save money when 20 vpp`s are at the top, then hey, it`s working for them. Don`t forget, it`s FREE for you (if you don`t lose money acquiring vpp`s....lol)

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 02:03 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I suspect you may have just made a whole lot of buddy lists.
LOL...he`s on my list

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 02:06 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
IF YOU ARE LOSING HUGE CASH ON RING TABLES I'LL BE LOOKING FOR YOU WHEN U.S. PLAYERS ARE BACK

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#7)
Somebody ahead of you in the league deserves their advertised prize. Unfortunately, if they have not made the higher prize level they are effectively losing their own potential prize money. They are not taking it off others. Most will very quickly learn to make the optimum VPP level to maximise their potential earnings. The new set up is just taking a while for people to work out the potential benefits of collecting the extra VPPs as they move up to Premier level.

You get a prize for your ranking and VPP level. The rank is primary - the VPP is secondary and preset based on the previous month. Wherever you finish, ranked 4th or 400th, your prize will not be affected by the VPP levels of players above or below you.

The Leagues are free to enter and have great prizes. Be grateful for what you can earn from the League for free, not to mention the free advice/training/community/videos.

and yes - VPPs are a FREE BONUS to winning players

Good Luck All

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 03:33 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
IF YOU ARE LOSING HUGE CASH ON RING TABLES I'LL BE LOOKING FOR YOU WHEN U.S. PLAYERS ARE BACK

I didnt mean losing money at tables to get VPPs i mean losing cash in the ranks if u read properly you will see i was on about the cash differences in leaderboard prizes. And a fat chance you will be a winner ever in poker dude if thats you in that picture lol, thank you for making me laugh you lil ninja turtle. The day you come to PokerStars client will be 21/12/2012. LOL

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 03:33 PM
(#9)
Those players with only 20 VPP's are the one's at a disadvantage. I expect the majority players who have more than 20 VPP's but less than 150 probably don't have the bankroll to play high enough to earn 150 VPP's. If your roll limits you to 2NL or 5 NL it's gonna be hard to get 150 VPP's, they can only compete for 1/10th of the 150 VPP prize, and may not be able to get 150 VPP's without playing 100,000 hands a month.

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 03:35 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Somebody ahead of you in the league deserves their advertised prize. Unfortunately, if they have not made the higher prize level they are effectively losing their own potential prize money. They are not taking it off others. Most will very quickly learn to make the optimum VPP level to maximise their potential earnings. The new set up is just taking a while for people to work out the potential benefits of collecting the extra VPPs as they move up to Premier level.

You get a prize for your ranking and VPP level. The rank is primary - the VPP is secondary and preset based on the previous month. Wherever you finish, ranked 4th or 400th, your prize will not be affected by the VPP levels of players above or below you.

The Leagues are free to enter and have great prizes. Be grateful for what you can earn from the League for free, not to mention the free advice/training/community/videos.

and yes - VPPs are a FREE BONUS to winning players

Good Luck All

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
Why dont you go on braging about your losing streak, or you just brag when you are doing well?

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 03:41 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidInFull6 View Post
Those players with only 20 VPP's are the one's at a disadvantage. I expect the majority players who have more than 20 VPP's but less than 150 probably don't have the bankroll to play high enough to earn 150 VPP's. If your roll limits you to 2NL or 5 NL it's gonna be hard to get 150 VPP's, they can only compete for 1/10th of the 150 VPP prize, and may not be able to get 150 VPP's without playing 100,000 hands a month.
What are you on about? 20VPPs in open league gives you 1500$ for first and in premier only 500$. They are disadvantaging them selves.

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 03:43 PM
(#12)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
It doesn't make any difference if the person taking your spot has 20+VPP or 150+VPP. The result is the same. More VPPs doesn't mean more skill anyways... which the OP said himself lol.

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 03:45 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
LOL...he`s on my list
Now Sandtrap im sure you would be angry dropping 4 places on the final day from 1st to 5th, thats if you ever make it to that rank which i doubt very much, because three 20VPP players pulled a miracle and overtook you!
There goes 15 points of your score and many more to come.... I shall keep you updated every day on your progress. 2pm game 8/9/2011 599/374th

Last edited by A Donk 2 NV; Thu Sep 08, 2011 at 03:53 PM..

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 03:52 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
It doesn't make any difference if the person taking your spot has 20+VPP or 150+VPP. The result is the same. More VPPs doesn't mean more skill anyways... which the OP said himself lol.
What result is the same? Look the result is 5000-1650=3350, you work it out lol result in losing cash. $1650 reasons for the 150VPP players to make a stand here email support bombard them with it....

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 03:54 PM
(#15)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
You hit the nail on the head. I am grinding the micro tournaments(because I haven't yet learned to play ring games with any profitability).This being the case there just isn't enough time in my life to earn 150 vpps.However 20 vpps is easy and if I can finish at the top of the PL the boost to my bankroll would then make it possible to get the required 150 vpp for the bigger prize next month.
I see no problem with this as my only investment is time.

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 04:00 PM
(#16)
Quote:
What are you on about? 20VPPs in open league gives you 1500$ for first and in premier only 500$. They are disadvantaging them selves.
If the player is in the Premier League they can't compete for Open League Prizes. It's not the players fault he/she can only compete for $500 once in the premier league, that's the system that's in place.

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 04:02 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iso9999 View Post
You hit the nail on the head. I am grinding the micro tournaments(because I haven't yet learned to play ring games with any profitability).This being the case there just isn't enough time in my life to earn 150 vpps.However 20 vpps is easy and if I can finish at the top of the PL the boost to my bankroll would then make it possible to get the required 150 vpp for the bigger prize next month.
I see no problem with this as my only investment is time.
iso9999 gl staying in the premier lol with your game i see not at moment you are ranked well, NOT, and look at the prizes in open and premier league for 20VPPs players...... if you have a brain you would see you are better off in the open league.

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#18)
Quote:
If the player is in the Premier League they can't compete for Open League Prizes. It's not the players fault he/she can only compete for $500 once in the premier league, that's the system that's in place.
True might as well skip a month and play some tourneys with your 1500$ winnings at open, that way you will drop out of premier and back to open, i see no reason for players with 20VPPs to waste time and win say 3rd in premier for 250$, which is when u divide that to average time they spent to get there equal to; average 2 tourneys a day + 3 hours to get to some points, at time 4 hours, 2 x 4=8 hours a day + 28 days 8x28=224 hours, which makes that 1,11$ per hour......

Last edited by A Donk 2 NV; Thu Sep 08, 2011 at 04:12 PM..

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 04:13 PM
(#19)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
iso9999 gl staying in the premier lol with your game i see not at moment you are ranked well, NOT, and look at the prizes in open and premier league for 20VPPs players...... if you have a brain you would see you are better off in the open league.
However I AM good enough to stick around from last month! I was also headed in the right direction this month until some unfortunate draws in the last few tournies. I am quite confident that it is a temporary blip and with 3 weeks left in the month I might even finish in the top 80.I guess we'll see.
It's a school my friend.There is no need to punish the students who can't afford to lose $ at ring games just for the vpps.

Old
Thu Sep 08, 2011, 04:19 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iso9999 View Post
However I AM good enough to stick around from last month! I was also headed in the right direction this month until some unfortunate draws in the last few tournies. I am quite confident that it is a temporary blip and with 3 weeks left in the month I might even finish in the top 80.I guess we'll see.
It's a school my friend.There is no need to punish the students who can't afford to lose $ at ring games just for the vpps.
How nice top 80 playing all month for 2$, it is a school but by now and if you are in premier i would think learning would be the last thing that is going on LOL players there most not all are a lil advanced from you beginners, OPEN LEAGUE iso9999 is your league gl

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com