Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

bad vibe queens

Old
bad vibe queens - Fri Sep 09, 2011, 09:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
i expected a multiway pot and my history with queens in such situations isn't that strong!!

so watch and enjoy the monkey show

Old
Fri Sep 09, 2011, 02:22 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Not enough info to analyze.

Please include the event structure, and where you are in terms of ITM.

As posted, sounds like just a complaint about the bad paly of others, so more info is needed to confgure a response.

Old
Fri Sep 09, 2011, 02:38 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
oh JD sorry i posted this one in the wrong section!! these where shovemonkey's all the way! so much that it tingled as a bad vibe! this one has to be in the general department!!

tnx for the attention anyway

greets

Old
Fri Sep 09, 2011, 03:41 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Not enough info to analyze.
But JD, the title of the post speaks volumes. "bad vibe queens" screams of results oriented thinking. Every hand stands on it own. The only things that carry over are the reads on your opponents.

Expecting trouble with QQ because of previous bad beats is letting the past unnecessarily taint the future. QQ has a positive expectation against all but two hands (AA & KK), is flipping with one (AK) and is clearly ahead of all others.

Remember results oriented thinking = BAD

Old
Fri Sep 09, 2011, 03:46 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
tnx joe

ok the table! these 3 played any hand they get and only folded if the missed like if u try to shoot an elephant from 10 feet distance and miss. every time i played they called at least 2 out of 3 followed. same for every opening player i saw in 30 minutes!

i was favorite i know but i am not of multiway pots with PP

Old
Fri Sep 09, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
But JD, the title of the post speaks volumes. "bad vibe queens" screams of results oriented thinking. Every hand stands on it own. The only things that carry over are the reads on your opponents.

Expecting trouble with QQ because of previous bad beats is letting the past unnecessarily taint the future. QQ has a positive expectation against all but two hands (AA & KK), is flipping with one (AK) and is clearly ahead of all others.

Remember results oriented thinking = BAD
I agree 100% Joe, and that was the line I started to answer on.

...but then it struck me that in this spot, at a table with a TON of loose shove donkies, QQ will see an over by the river a ton of the time. If the knuckle draggers in the hand will not FOLD, and if their moronic ways stand to mean you will be all in a some point, putting all your chips in at the EARLY STAGES would be a bit of a mistake.

Here though, on a 20BB stack?

About the only way I'd want to fold to the multi-way threat on that stack size is if this is a flat pay structure event, like a monthly league, or a critical (for me) ticket sattie, and I am somewhat close to the pay spots. Without that info it is hard to say whether the fold is a good one or not.

If it is a normal MTT, and if your are well short of a SIGNIFICANT pay out for your bank roll, then NOT going with this hand versus incredibly loose and spew-y ranges is a bi mistake. The triple up plus you stand to win here is simply worth too much for your chances of running deep to make you want to pass up tha chance for a min cash.

So Joe is spot on...moods are for cattle, good and bad vibes are what you have with your girl friend/wife (or husband/boy friend for the ladies and other oriented folks!). Poker is for using your powers of reason to decide upon your best course of action, and most often taking a 35% to 40% chance for a shot at tripling or quadrupling is the right thing to do!

Old
Fri Sep 09, 2011, 04:18 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
ok i agree and normaly i had to call this one! but did u never had a tickle in your neck and didn't listen? and then see yourself loose because u ignored the tickle!!

i had it way to often latly in hand i normaly am the upper hand and win i still end up loosing!!
and i just hate runner runners.

just call it a hunch!

but i admitt it's not common poker scence

Old
Fri Sep 09, 2011, 06:35 PM
(#8)
I played hunches in my early poker days and lost more than I won. Its a leak, fix it.

Old
Fri Sep 09, 2011, 07:35 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Tobad88! They're like a 'fan favorite' of the Hand Analysis section

(This was an old hand of mine from months ago ... not sure why I didn't 3bet the AA. And my post-flop play was just awful!! Anyways, just thought it was funny we all keep running into the same lucky ducky )

Last edited by TrustySam; Fri Sep 09, 2011 at 07:42 PM..

Old
Sat Sep 10, 2011, 04:52 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
your totaly right trumpin i put this one in the stove and normaly i am 67% favorite in a 3way shove.

and Trusty tnx for the hands lol now i can realy mark him as dangerous lucky bastard lol

i would have lost this one but win almost 7 out of 10 lol

better descission making next time!!

Old
Sat Sep 10, 2011, 10:01 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Here's a lesson on QQ (got this one from reading Super System from Mr. Brunson). Instead of playing QQ like a monster pair (AA/KK), play them cautiously like JJ.

Although, I will say this. I use hunches everyday when I play... when I get a bad vibe, I don't care what hand it is... it's in the muck.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com