Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Message To Our American Friends

Old
Message To Our American Friends - Fri Sep 09, 2011, 01:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
All my thoughts and prayers are with you this weekend and I pray there is no substance to the latest threat. I hope the service on Sunday goes well. My very best wishes to you all. Gatehouse

Old
Fri Sep 09, 2011, 03:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
+1000 all the best to all touched by the tragedy of 9/11....scorp

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 06:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I'm not surprised to see that there's not a lot of comments about 9/11 ... it's the anniversary everybody wishes weren't happening - like it's the day we all wish never happened.

I'm Canadian, but I actually went to college in the States ... there were so many families that suffered great loss, and our hearts go out to them, and we share in their sorrow. And there were great sacrifices made on that day that make us feel profoundly grateful. But I also get that the impact of what happened that day affected people personally, because things changed.

Seeing the images 10 years later ... the feelings haven't diminshed with the passage of time. I struggle today as much with the question of what is it that we can do to make a difference? Back then, I gave blood, I went shopping, I did volunteer work. Ten years later ... I guess I wonder about stuff like would it really be that big a deal for me to be a little kinder and more thoughtful, etc?

God Bless America. My thoughts and prayers are with our cherished neigbours to the South on this day, with everybody around the world whose lives were forever changed 10 years ago and in the time after. May we hopefully be coming closer with each passing day towards a world with greater peace ...

Last edited by TrustySam; Sun Sep 11, 2011 at 07:01 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 07:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
+ 1000
Really nice post Sam!!

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 04:13 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Nice post Sam, Spot on, 10 years on and I like most decent folk still get upset watching the harrowing pictures from that god awful day, Again my prayers are with everyone accross the pond.

Last edited by gatehouse999; Mon Sep 12, 2011 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: .

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com