Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Women Featured in The Big Game

Old
Women Featured in The Big Game - Fri Sep 09, 2011, 02:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
WhiteStar
The latest article by Jen Shahade features women who have competed on The Big Game with players like Daniel Negreanu and Phil Hellmuth.

One of the women was Courtney Gee, and an excerpt from the article describes her play since the show:

Since the show, Courtney has increased her volume and says she feels like a different player, "I've learned to hand-read better, and (deepened) my understanding of stack-sizes and position." She's also posted a number of stellar results on PokerStars this summer, including 1st place in a $44 15K guaranteed Turbo, chopping a $11 Rebuy for almost 10K and final tabling a $162 freezeout.

Courtney also plays the Women's Sunday every week. "I'm really impressed that Stars has worked so hard to involve women. I hope more women start playing poker. I just think it's an amazing game. "

Read the entire article here.

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 01:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
yeah courtney gee was pretty pathetic in the big game imo. said she wanted to be a pro, but she folded every hand. did get it in good on one hand with pocket pair over pocket pair, but the other guy hit a set to beat her. i never knew what her plan was, what with her folding so much.

Old
Sun Jan 01, 2012, 11:24 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
thanks for the article. I enjoyed it!

Old
Mon Jan 02, 2012, 12:32 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
It's nice to see another up and coming female! Anyone would be proud to have those results under their belt.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com