Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

$215 Bankroll for Tournaments

Old
$215 Bankroll for Tournaments - Sat Sep 10, 2011, 07:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi guys,

Well, today i won an entry to the WSOP through the 400 FPP satellite. Actually i only had 500FPP, so i didn't rebuy, no add on and manage to get to the last 4 places paid...feels good...

Anyway i won't be playing it, i can't..so its $215 tournament dollars, only for tournaments obviously...

So, how would be the best way to invest it...what would be more convenient to turn it into real money?

What are your advices and how should i manage it...
S&G, MTT?
I'm kind of decent at $2.80, 180, S&G, but you can loose a lot to win one on the first 3 places...

What is your advice? i would appreciate it a lot!

i'll give my results later on...

thanks in advance,

John

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 02:25 PM
(#2)
well i got no answer, but anyway, i managed to build my bankroll from 0 up to $300 with those tournament dollars

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 03:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Try the 3.50 sit n goes?

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 03:34 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGF View Post
well i got no answer, but anyway, i managed to build my bankroll from 0 up to $300 with those tournament dollars
wow nice job... never saw the original post... I would have taken a shot at the $2 180 man games with the 215

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 04:01 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Hey Johnny, welcome to the forum.
Sorry I didn't see this either. Congrats on the win.
The $2.80's that you like are ok, but you could go a bit higher and maybe drop to 45 mans or less, just so you don't have to constantly beat so many opponents.
You could also play a couple mtt's. Since you won a big ticket from fpps, I would tend to indulge maybe once or twice with an mtt just slightly above the norm, but that's just me. You should just use good br mgmt and play what your roll allows, whether it be sng's or mtt's.

Hopefully some others will see this and give input too. Lots of great info can be found throughout the forum on bankroll management.

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 04:08 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
sunday storm is a good one

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 05:28 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
I THINK WHATEVER YOU PLAYED TO GET TO $300 STICK WITH IT

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 06:59 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2011
I agree with dan, the other advantage to the 45 man and 27 man is you get a better vpp return per tourney.

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 06:16 PM
(#9)
thanks a lot guys, i'm super happy, my game is improving a lot....Made a final table on a 2K G...4.50 Buy-in and took 346, 3rd place, 800 players

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com