Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

chat censorship

Old
chat censorship - Sun Sep 11, 2011, 09:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
i tend to get carried away with the c word when i talk as most aussies do , i called some guy a sick c which is a compliment but the moderator seemed to disagree and ive been banned again (4 months in a row now).The point im getting to is since there are no underage players why cant the chat be a little less you know , infantile ?

im hardly saying we should have a free for all of vulgarity but just that the moderators take the context of the conversation into consideration.

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 09:44 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Cant think of any situation where that word is going to fly.
Think of the context of the word,you either hate women or do not understand the intent of the word.

Would you use homophobic remarks in a room with a friend that was gay?
Its the same deal,you do not know who is at the table.

I like the fact the chat mods take care of the rubbish,it scares away the fish and it makes it unfriendly for any women at the table.We all come from different walks of life and acknowledging that might be a step in the right direction.

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 09:49 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
4 MONTHS IN A ROW
ARE YOU ON THE FAST LEARNING SYSTEM ???
AND COOKIES IS RIGHT

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 09:56 PM
(#4)
wow.. we do all come from different walks of life thats for sure,

whatever happened to sticks and stones...lol

i guess we cant all grow up

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:01 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Four months in a row? Are going for a record of some kind?

And Cookies is right - you don't know the peeps at the table, so you cannot say what you would at home.

Herk

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:02 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomac1000 View Post
wow.. we do all come from different walks of life thats for sure,

whatever happened to sticks and stones...lol

i guess we cant all grow up

I THINK GROWN UPS DON'T NEED TO TALK LIKE THAT

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:06 PM
(#7)
wrong.. grown ups can talk anyway they want... thats the point your missing

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:09 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
wrong.. grown ups can talk anyway they want... thats the point your missing
NOT IN MY HOUSE OR POKERSTARS HOUSE BUT YOU STILL HAVE NOT LEARNED THAT

SO IF I WENT TO YOUR HOUSE AND CALLED YOUR WIFE THE "C" WORD THAT WOULD BE OK ??

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:09 PM
(#9)
i personally think the majority of players online could cope with seeing the f word written once in a while, but since you all feel so strongly on the matter i apologise for offending your sensibilties

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:15 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
NOT IN MY HOUSE OR POKERSTARS HOUSE BUT YOU STILL HAVE NOT LEARNED THAT

SO IF I WENT TO YOUR HOUSE AND CALLED YOUR WIFE THE "C" WORD THAT WOULD BE OK ??

i dont have a wife, why are you turning a trivial matter into somekind of personal insult ?

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:21 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
i dont have a wife, why are you turning a trivial matter into somekind of personal insult ?
YOU CAME HERE WITH A QUESTION AND WE ARE TRYING TO GIVE YOU AN ANSWER BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:27 PM
(#12)
i heard the answer and i dont like it , i expected something a little more rational, not the usual pc mumbo jumbo

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:38 PM
(#13)
and the answer was litteraly screw this guy hes a mysoginist , put in a quite frankly very polite and well articulated manner but nethertheless, thats all i got outta it, especially the would you do this in front of that remarks like im somekind of little child...

so yeah.. thanks for the answer and sorry for not liking it

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:39 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
i heard the answer and i dont like it , i expected something a little more rational, not the usual pc mumbo jumbo

NOT pc mumbo jumbo. Whether you deposited or freerolled your way in you ARE,essentially, one of many guests in PStars "house" when you are here. They set their T.O.S. up to be both as inclusive and as respectful of everyone's sensibilities as possible. You agreed to those conditions to be here in the first place. If you can't,or won't,abide by them than acccept the consequences of your actions like a grown up.

That will show a much higher degree of maturity than throwing around potentially offensive language.

Also keep in mind that whilst you may indeed be intending the use of that word in a complimentary fashion (and yeah that must be unique to you guys,any woman I know here will kick or punch you straight in the Jimmie for using it here in the States...) there can sometimes be a huge disconnect between the way something may sound in your head and the way it reads on the written page,or screen in this case.

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:45 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
and the answer was litteraly screw this guy hes a mysoginist , put in a quite frankly very polite and well articulated manner but nethertheless, thats all i got outta it, especially the would you do this in front of that remarks like im somekind of little child...

so yeah.. thanks for the answer and sorry for not liking it

GROWN UPS GO BY THE RULES AND A CHILD WILL ASK WHY ARE THERE RULES

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:53 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Also keep in mind that whilst you may indeed be intending the use of that word in a complimentary fashion (and yeah that must be unique to you guys,any woman I know here will kick or punch you straight in the Jimmie for using it here in the States...) there can sometimes be a huge disconnect between the way something may sound in your head and the way it reads on the written page,or screen in this case.
you should hear how many women use it

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 10:55 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
GROWN UPS GO BY THE RULES AND A CHILD WILL ASK WHY ARE THERE RULES

a grown up can take an insult whereas a child will wither away and start crying

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 11:04 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
They set their T.O.S. up to be both as inclusive and as respectful of everyone's sensibilities as possible.
whats with all the hammer and sickles and pics of che and stalin ? doesnt pokerstars check your avatar beforehand ?

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 11:05 PM
(#19)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
i tend to get carried away with the c word when i talk as most aussies do , i called some guy a sick c which is a compliment but the moderator seemed to disagree and ive been banned again (4 months in a row now).The point im getting to is since there are no underage players why cant the chat be a little less you know , infantile ?

im hardly saying we should have a free for all of vulgarity but just that the moderators take the context of the conversation into consideration.
Rules be in place for a reason and since this is the 4th month ya have had some dealings with having chat ban it should not come as a Major surprise to you when they gave ya the ban again

If you think you can go out to the WSOP or any major Live Event and talk like that at the table you have another thing coming, so why do you think it should be ok to do it online from behind your computer?

This is the reason I stop having my chat on years ago when i was playing as people just have No Respect for others.

I hope your time in the forum is well spent, and We do have Zero Tolerance for that type of Talk here

Have a great Day and VGL @ the tbls

Brian

Old
Sun Sep 11, 2011, 11:05 PM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2010
This probably won't help, but some of us have kids (and grandkids) old enough to read, and some of them like to watch us play. The rule is there for a good reason, and you agreed to abide by it when you signed on. You're wrong on this one, plain and simple.

PS. Let the flaming begin, I've got my popcorn ready!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com