Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Time bank issue

Old
Question
Time bank issue - Mon Sep 12, 2011, 09:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
Can you tell me why time outs happen with time available in the time bank?

Hand 16 of an MTT and I'm sitting with QQ on the button, there was an early 3xbb raise, then a call, and a late 8x bb reraise. I certainly was not going to fold, so I was debating whether to just call or move in when suddenly I was timed out, even though i had 90 seconds in my time bank.

Hand 22. Just six hands later I've got QJs in sb. There's an early 3x bb raise, two folds then a 7x bb reraise. Folds to me and here I'm not too bothered if I fold this hand, so decide to see if time bank kicks in, and sure enough it does.

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 09:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
ChromeStar
If you are not the BB or SB the time clock will not kick in unless you push it.

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 09:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Yep...or, if there are antes in play, the time bank will start automatically too.

It's whenever you have money in the pot that the bank starts automatically. So, in the blinds, after antes, or post flop, the bank starts automatically, otherwise, you push the clock before the timer runs down to start it.

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
LOL. All this time and I never knew that!! Jeez! Cheers anyway.

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 10:32 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010
It's not an obvious thing to pick up on just from play, so easily missed - took me a while to realise too. If you are not yet involved in the pot (by way of antes/blinds) and want to use the time bank click on the time bank button - in the chat box you should then see the message 'fuzzmuff has requested time' to confirm and the time bank will roll once your regular time for the hand has been used up.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 10:57 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Yepper,guilty as charged. That one bit me in the ass a few times before I figured it out myself.

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 11:29 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
at least u guys HAVE a timebank. where i play, timebanks r only used on MTTs, nowhere else

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com