Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Multilple blunders

Old
Multilple blunders - Mon Sep 12, 2011, 01:18 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
My idea was to 3 bet the raiser to 5.1 BB's. He was fairly tight player and I ranged him on a large A or 1010 or maybe JJ. I clicked on the wrong preset button so my raise was smaller than I had hoped. I also spewed by trying to rep the A high flop with a bet.

Larger preflop 3 bet? Check the flop? Call the shove? Shove preflop which was strongly considered.

Thanks in advance,

Dale

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 01:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
BronzeStar
Im no expert but in my personal oppinion i would have went in pre flop no questions, i wouldnt have bet that on the flop either i would have checked to try and gauge a reaction

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 01:53 PM
(#3)
The UTG raise did show strength from this villian. The 2X raise was a bit confusing, possibly showing some weakness.

My intention was a larger preflop raise, which likely would have resulted in a shove from the villian or a fold. I was willing to call his shove...So if I was...why not get it in and put the decision on him???

Geez.

Not sure if it would have mattered in the end...I do think he held JJ giving him a set on the flop.

Enjoy,

Dale

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 01:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Gross misclick. Nothing you can do on that flop and your stack size prevents you from making a good move. I'd probably check/give up unless you think he can turn hands like 88 or T9 into a bluff (but even then it's pretty marginal). You're out of position with a pretty weak hand in this spot. You do have a gutshot to the nuts, but it's on a terrible board.

I think I like your intended line of 3-betting to about 4k intending to get it in preflop (since it should be shove/fold for that much of his stack) and if called shoving any flop because you'll have about a potsized bet left and so much pot and fold equity.

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 02:15 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
Gross misclick. Nothing you can do on that flop and your stack size prevents you from making a good move. I'd probably check/give up unless you think he can turn hands like 88 or T9 into a bluff (but even then it's pretty marginal). You're out of position with a pretty weak hand in this spot. You do have a gutshot to the nuts, but it's on a terrible board.

I think I like your intended line of 3-betting to about 4k intending to get it in preflop (since it should be shove/fold for that much of his stack) and if called shoving any flop because you'll have about a potsized bet left and so much pot and fold equity.

Was so pizzed when that preflop raise showed up on the board. Which may have (lol) tilted me somewhat into making the bet on the flop. A bloody click....sigh.....then compounding it with a semi-bluff attempt. The gutshot was considered with the set possibiltly, but that idea was trashed.

I didnt want to make a third mistake, trying to make up for the other two.

May be time to go back to using the bet slider only, or just pay closer effin attention. That misclick took me from a somewhat solid chance of at least min cashing to falling short.

Such a dumbazz....

Thanks,

Dale

Last edited by dale442; Mon Sep 12, 2011 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: grr

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com