Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Enough

Old
Enough - Mon Sep 12, 2011, 05:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Look, I like playing poker but sometimes these tourneys just get my goat.
I've been knocked out in the last 5 tourneys all in exactly the same way. Some donk raises 3 times the pot pre-flop from mid position I re-raise with at least QQ and the the donk calls flop is a rainbow I have highest pair. eventually it turns out that the donk gets trips on the turn or river with his 77, 44 33 22 ....... I understand this happening once or twice but its so much so that I have started to fold KK and QQ on the button......

Oh and my AA AK(suited) and KK have NEVER beaten 74 offsuit all in pre-flop......

Old
Mon Sep 12, 2011, 09:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Know exactly how you feel, I'm bustin a gut trying to do well in the skill leagues and a few tournaments ago i shoved with AA and got called by 8 4 off.

The Flop ...... you guessed it........

8 8 4.

No further comment !!!!

Old
Tue Sep 13, 2011, 11:29 AM
(#3)
It's all part of the game, running good, or running bad.

Sometimes you sit in a tounament for hours and hours with out getting a playable hand, other times you get AA like seven times in a short space of time and you win all of them. But you win only the blinds because everybody folds as if they can see your cards.

You need to learn to see the funny side of it, because if you dont, poker may very well turn out to be not your game.

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 01:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Never change the way you play because of bad results. Those QQ, AK, KK hands really do win most of the time. That doesn't mean you can't lose eight times in a row, it means in the long run, if you play the hand correctly, you will win more than you lose.

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 05:32 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblepie View Post
It's all part of the game, running good, or running bad.

Sometimes you sit in a tounament for hours and hours with out getting a playable hand, other times you get AA like seven times in a short space of time and you win all of them. But you win only the blinds because everybody folds as if they can see your cards.

You need to learn to see the funny side of it, because if you dont, poker may very well turn out to be not your game.
Im not saying I dont see the funny side. It just gets tiresome after a while especially when you are in the mood for a good session...

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 05:37 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
Never change the way you play because of bad results. Those QQ, AK, KK hands really do win most of the time. That doesn't mean you can't lose eight times in a row, it means in the long run, if you play the hand correctly, you will win more than you lose.

Well statistically that is true. but I am really a bit displeased that a lot of mediocre players actually win tournaments by playing unbelievable hands out of position and take all these risks that are really bad moves. I really cant count the times have I've seen someone move all in pre-flop with 73 offsuit in in middle 1 position and win with a straight with the last card favouring the player to drop at the river. It's unreal.

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 05:43 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobylops View Post
Know exactly how you feel, I'm bustin a gut trying to do well in the skill leagues and a few tournaments ago i shoved with AA and got called by 8 4 off.

The Flop ...... you guessed it........

8 8 4.

No further comment !!!!
I think AA should be played in a few different ways. I know that it's not a good idea to let the opponents see the flop or turn and river cards. but in the early stages of a tournament you can get paid better by slow playing AA. I'd push with AK pre-flop though because the distribution of the cards gives a clue that another player might be holding at least one A so if your AK is suited you have a lot of outs to beat AA and double up. But if I play live its all about position and pushing pre-flop really isn't poker....

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 10:13 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by memsinan View Post
Im not saying I dont see the funny side. It just gets tiresome after a while especially when you are in the mood for a good session...
When i get to the point where I am tilting because of the suckout, I leave the MTT/S&G's and go for some PLO cashgames.

I mean, if you get nothing but suckout, you might aswel enjoy it.

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 10:28 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
here again solid proof of pokerstars being rigged!! i know exactly what u feel! i allready started a topic about it that it's caused by drunk marsians lol

it will pass believe me thes monkey's can spoil your day but eventualy u know their play and if your patient enough u can start picking of on them

i had a hughe fight with one of them lately because he shoved and shoved with ATC, building up 20000 chips in 20 minutes. i waited, getting good cards, picked on him 4 times and he was back at 2000 chips and i was chipleader!!

just watch them closely

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 10:36 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post
here again solid proof of pokerstars being rigged!! i know exactly what u feel! i allready started a topic about it that it's caused by drunk marsians lol

it will pass believe me thes monkey's can spoil your day but eventualy u know their play and if your patient enough u can start picking of on them

i had a hughe fight with one of them lately because he shoved and shoved with ATC, building up 20000 chips in 20 minutes. i waited, getting good cards, picked on him 4 times and he was back at 2000 chips and i was chipleader!!

just watch them closely
Well I wouldn't say it's rigged...possibly juiced. But I do believe everyone has the same disadvantage....so nothing changes.
And I agree with you all donks eventually suffer the same fate.....

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 10:39 AM
(#11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post

Okay wopke, which is it? These two statements are pretty contradictory.

Hang in there memsinan, like you said, statistically, these strong starting hands hold up as often as they should. It's just our minds that play tricks on us into noticing the bad plays, bad beats much, much more than the hands that go as we expect them to.

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 10:42 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
nah its rigged, trust me

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 11:24 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post

Okay wopke, which is it? These two statements are pretty contradictory.

Hang in there memsinan, like you said, statistically, these strong starting hands hold up as often as they should. It's just our minds that play tricks on us into noticing the bad plays, bad beats much, much more than the hands that go as we expect them to.

u off all must know that even marsian have a drinking limit and eventualy are gonna make mistakes

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 01:42 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
just play single table SNGs, no MTTs. there's always one or two idiots who bust out in the 1st five minutes.

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup143 View Post
just play single table SNGs, no MTTs. there's always one or two idiots who bust out in the 1st five minutes.
very well said. but I do like playing freeroll tournaments.

Old
Worst donk beat yet ? - Mon Sep 26, 2011, 06:11 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Thought this might amuse some people, i didn't find it funny though

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 08:32 PM
(#17)
OUCH!

Old
an update - Mon Sep 26, 2011, 10:06 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
I was a bit hacked off after the above so the next Open Skill League I decided to play like a donk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently 141st out of 1510 with 21k in chips !!!!!!!

So much for Skill .................. LMAO

Old
update - Mon Sep 26, 2011, 11:00 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Latest on the skill league tourney played like a donk:

I've played any ace, limped in OOP, chased sets to the river with a small pocket pair, over bet just about every hand I've played and

There are now 362 players left and I'm 49th with 67k in chips.

Conclusion ..................... I MUST BE A DONK !!!!!!!!!!

Old
final update - Mon Sep 26, 2011, 11:56 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
I finished 158 th and I suppose the points i get for that make up for the bad beat above.

Not really sure what this proved but it was an interesting experience.

Won't bother with skill league for rest of month, i've got my VPPs sorted ready to make a proper attempt to get in the Premier League next month cos I do actually want to learn to play poker properly, unfortunately with the current league setup it is a lottery getting enough points to get up to Premier League.

As an aside can't anything be done about the number of non-PSO people playing in the open tourneys, every time I try and look up a player's stats there's none there !!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com