Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Earning 20 fpp

Old
Earning 20 fpp - Wed Sep 14, 2011, 05:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hello, I play the open league. This is my 2nd month of playing and i noticed by acheiving 20fpp or more the prizes increase alot. I started to play 5 card draw with a few dollars in my account, making 33 fpp in total. Now this was days ago and i still havent got the 20 fpp icon by my name on the leaderboard.

So i imagine 5cd is not a game where you can earn these points. If this is the case i think you should make a sticky or add it to your rules. If tjhere any special dispensation i can get because i think i should get something for earning these points.

thanks

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 05:08 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbh08 View Post
Hello, I play the open league. This is my 2nd month of playing and i noticed by acheiving 20fpp or more the prizes increase alot. I started to play 5 card draw with a few dollars in my account, making 33 fpp in total. Now this was days ago and i still havent got the 20 fpp icon by my name on the leaderboard.

So i imagine 5cd is not a game where you can earn these points. If this is the case i think you should make a sticky or add it to your rules. If tjhere any special dispensation i can get because i think i should get something for earning these points.

thanks
FIRST IT'S NOT FPP'S IT'S VPP'S
SECOND YOU VPP'S YOU EARN THIS MONTH COUNT FOR NEXT MONTH
GOOD LUCK

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 05:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
The leaderboard distributes to the top 2,000 players its prize pool of over $11,800 as follows:

* < 20 For members who have earned less than 20 VPP during the prior month, playing for a prize pool of over $1,800 with a top prize of $150.
* 20+ For members who have earned 20 VPP or more, playing for a prize pool of over $11,800 with a top prize of $1,500.

Read more: PokerSchool Skill League – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league#ixzz1Xuxln7pH

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 06:15 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
Right thanks for clearing that up. Good luck to you to.

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 08:56 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbh08 View Post

thanks

You earn VPPS on any ring game that has a rake, and all tournaments with a fee. If this were not true, how did you earn the 33 points?

As already noted, you want VPPS, not FPPS. The first gets you the higher cash prizes; the second are worthless if you are in the school.

Check your VPPS status by checking the lobby. If you earned the VPPS, you'll get the arrow on the 20+ list next month.

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 09:44 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
You might want to keep earning those VPPs - I checked your Open Skill League rank and you are close to the top 200, so have a very good chance of promotion to the Premier Skill League for October, which is when the VPPs you earn this month will affect your potential prize.

However - you should note that in the Premier Skill League you need to have earned 150+ VPPs to qualify for the higher level of prizes.

Good luck for the rest of this month and maybe see you in the premier league soon.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 09:17 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
You earn VPPS on any ring game that has a rake, and all tournaments with a fee. If this were not true, how did you earn the 33 points?

As already noted, you want VPPS, not FPPS. The first gets you the higher cash prizes; the second are worthless if you are in the school.

Check your VPPS status by checking the lobby. If you earned the VPPS, you'll get the arrow on the 20+ list next month.

FPP's are not worthless. Check the VIP and Satellite tabs under Tourney and you'll find plenty of opportunities to utilize them. Or you can just hoard them for merchandise or to cash them in.

Old
Thu Sep 15, 2011, 12:54 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
FPP's are not worthless. Check the VIP and Satellite tabs under Tourney and you'll find plenty of opportunities to utilize them. Or you can just hoard them for merchandise or to cash them in.

You forgot the last phrase of that sentence: "if you are in the school."

And again, you need to be silver for Satelite tickets or for most of the merchandise items. However, bronze players can enter turbo, and super turbo games. There are two other games available for the bronze player, which I believe is the best option. My opinion - and I'm sticking with it.

Old
Thu Sep 15, 2011, 01:51 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
You forgot the last phrase of that sentence: "if you are in the school."

And again, you need to be silver for Satelite tickets or for most of the merchandise items. However, bronze players can enter turbo, and super turbo games. There are two other games available for the bronze player, which I believe is the best option. My opinion - and I'm sticking with it.

Cairn I didn't forget the second part of the phrase,I just completely disagree with it. Had you phrased it "FPP's are worthless in relation to your status for the school payout structure" that would be correct. But the way you have it worded is saying that a person who participates here has no use for FPP's and that's totally wrong,IMO.

Those FPP tourneys,the 10 and 20 FPP turbos,can lead to a nice shot in the arm cash for a low BR'ed player. And there are also the weekly 50 FLHE and Two Grand NLHE events.

As for the satellite thing where you see a restriction on entering satellites based on Star staus is for FPP events of like 750 FPP's and up. What player sweating making 20 VPP's a month do you now that has 750 VPP's or more to just toss around? If you look on the satellite tab in the tourney section there are a ton of WCOOP and PCA events for 100 FPP's and less. And there are regional events for our Aussie and Kiwi friends and others in the Pacific Rim.

And there are plenty of daily and weekly tournaments that one can satellite into via an FPP investment. Edin free man had a good post where he was using the 2+R FPP tourneys to get into the Saturday Splash as a way to win $2.22 in Tournament dollars rather easily and then use the tourney dollars for buy-ins to what he plays cash wise. And there are plenty of other options,Hell even as cheap as a 1+R FPP satellite for the Sunday Storm.

They are not worthless for anyone. I simply couldn't disagree with you more on this.

Old
Thu Sep 15, 2011, 07:05 AM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2007
You don't have to be "in the school" to use your FPPs. I was using my FPPs for entry to freerolls and step tournies long before I found PSO.

For example there is a 20FPP tourney every few hours for a $1000 prizefund; if you play TAG ABC poker you can virtually min cash every time for a dollar or so, there are multiple regional tournies for 10 FPPs that offer $5 each to the top 9 plus a satty to bigger pay out tournies. I have cashed in these about 25% of the time, although I am not playing TAG ABC.

You can play a 3FPP satty to get to Step 1 and Step A in the PCA, EPT and the Pokerstars passport. You used to be able to redeem those steps for tournie dollars but they have taken away that option, which is a bit of a shame; however from time to time they will allow you to use these tickets for example to the 84$ SnG satty to the Sunday Million.

As Moxie says, definitely not worthless. I have 2000FPP and I definitely do not think it is worthless; if anyone feels they are worthless, please send all you have to me

TC

Old
Thu Sep 15, 2011, 10:56 AM
(#11)
Right on TC. I totally slept on my FPP's (I have just under 800 as we speak) and since BF just from being curious and poking around the site I've seen all the things that I should have been using them on. The 10 and 20 Turbos and the weekly 50 FLHE and NLHE events I knew about. The steps satellites to entries in big events like the WCOOP and SCOOP I totally missed on however. Had I known I definitely would have done some "shot-taking" in the 25/50 FPP steps qualifiers. We Yanks get back on here I will never make that mistake again.

I can't strongly enough emphasize for peeps reading this that have built a nice stash of FPP's with their Star climbing efforts in August to at least look at the Events tab then click FPP satellites and see what's available. Some of these start as low as 25 FPP's. Now they are roughly 7-8 steps to get through but remember,you only have to finish top 30% roughly in each step to move forward. Will it be easy? No. Is it doable? YES. And if you miss what the Hell, it cost you a pittance of your FPP's (and time as well really,these are mostly Hyper-Turbo's after all).

The upside is a possibility of winning a seat in something like WCOOP 36 ($530 FL Omaha Hi/Lo--$175K guaranteed). Clock is ticking on that one as the steps are going on the 16th and the tourney itself goes on the 16th as well. You can potentially be playing in that tourney for an investment of 25 FPP's if you survive the steps. This is "shot-taking" for value at it's best. If you make it Yahtzee,if you miss what did you really lose?

And as I said in other posts on this subject there are 25 FPP Steps for WCOOP 62 still out there. The final step isn't until September 25th (if you were to just but directly into that step it would "only" cost you 107K FPP's). That's the final step--Step 8. Steps 2-8 are all on the 28th,they are all Hypers and there are gonna be a ton of peeps playing them. Step 2 is a 200 FPP event and already had 9K plus runners and climbing. It caps at 30K. But roughly 1/3rd of the field advances and so on through Step 8. Make it through and a seat in WCOOP 62 is yours---The Main Event ( $5200 NLHE---$5 Million guaranteed--$1 Million to the winner guaranteed). For 25 FPP's you COULD be in this event. Again it's long odds but for 25 FPP's a crack to make Step 2 you gotta be nuts not to try.

Go for it PSO'ers.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com