Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

PokerSchool Open Skill League Freeroll 09.14.2011 9:00 EST

Old
PokerSchool Open Skill League Freeroll 09.14.2011 9:00 EST - Wed Sep 14, 2011, 10:03 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Hi everyone,

First off i would like to note that the freeroll registration fills way too quickly, I logged on and noticed the registration was already open and it was half full already and it had only been open for 2 mins. I realize it's a freeroll and half the entrants are going to be walking away within 15-20 minutes, so I dont understand why people register just to play the lottery.

Anyways, we are only about 5 mins in and i've had to fold every hand due to people shoving pre-flop every hand. I will keep everyone posted as the tournament progresses.

Thanks,

S.Vanzella

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 10:05 AM
(#2)
At the first break...

We have been playing for 55 minutes now and i've certainly had my up's and down's already in this tournament. I went on a winning streak, then a couple of hand with some bad beats, and then a large slump where all I was getting was garbage hole cards.

But, at the first break I am positioned 819/1719 and have 6.4K, with under 1/5 of the field remaining I am going to start to push the action a bit more.

Thanks,

S.Vanzella

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 10:46 AM
(#3)
[B]Busted...[/B

So I was busted in 509th out of 10,000 entrants. I feel I played a decent tournament but was too patient late as the blinds and antes just ate my stack up.

I'll be back for more tomorrow morning and will yet again try and make the top 90.

Thanks,

S.Vanzella

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 03:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
No, thank you S.Vanzella and welcome!

One of the more interesting entrances I've seen here.

Lots of great people around.

I'll have some popcorn ready for tomorrow's chapter.

Old
Wed Sep 14, 2011, 07:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Welcome to the PSO Open League. We need more Canucks on the tables. Yes, these freerolls fill up fast - especially the 9:00 am and 1:00 pm games. The 9:00 pm game seldom fills up - but gets close at about 9000 players. You've got the game figured out - bingo players hoping to chip up early and then hang on to reach the money (top 90). The $10.00 prize pool is a teaser - nice for a few pennies, but not your prime objective of playing in the tourneys.

You want to finish at the top of the League Leaderboard AT THE END OF THE MONTH. That is where the money is. And you get there with patience, patience, and more patience. The shove-monkeys are going to knock each other off in a hurry, as you noticed in your first tourney. It happens EVERY TIME. You want to get POSITIVE POINTS, and even when the cards are running bad, hanging around while the donks fall by the wayside can get you Leaderboard points. The deeper you run in a tourney, the more points you get towards your end of the month goal.

You've found the school, passed the Core Quiz, and found this forum, so I am sure you have now checked out much of the other pages on this site.

My wish for you is the same for everyone - I wish you good luck on the tables and may you always finish at the top of the tournament, game, or league - in second place, right behind me.

Herkstwin

Last edited by Herkstwin; Wed Sep 14, 2011 at 07:31 PM..

Old
Thu Sep 15, 2011, 08:44 AM
(#6)
Thanks for the support Herk, I look forward to playing this mornings tournament and hopefully meeting you at the tables.

S.Vanzella

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 12:28 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
If you are only playing the morning games, we will not likely meet at the table. I can manage the 9:00 pm (Eastern Time) a few nights a week.

I see you are doing well on the leaderboard, even cashing with a 19th place finish. Awesome. Hang in there and cash out some more at the end of September. You will likely be moving on up to the Premier League if you can maintain your current ranking. Good Lucj\k

Herk

Last edited by Herkstwin; Tue Sep 27, 2011 at 12:30 PM..

Old
Wed Sep 28, 2011, 04:49 AM
(#8)
i play several of these per day, the first few minutes are mostly not worth playing.

You will also be better of if you (nearly) time out every turn, when its your turn wait for the timer to reach the red before making a move.

This will make alot of players impatient and they will play more aggressively, also this will get you much further in the tournament because you win precious time where 100+ other players get kicked out every time you wait the timer to go red.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com