Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Open Freeroll Progress

Old
Open Freeroll Progress - Thu Sep 15, 2011, 08:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Good morning everyone,

I am about to start my daily freeroll and will keep everyone updated on my progress. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope to meet you at the tables.

S.Vanzella

Old
Thu Sep 15, 2011, 09:16 AM
(#2)
I would just like to say i've noticed that you almost have to limp with most of the players in these freerolls, because everytime you raise pre-flop, i've always seemed to get at least 3 callers. I am trying to beat my result from yesterday, my first Open Freeroll, of 509th.

S.Vanzella

Old
Thu Sep 15, 2011, 09:30 AM
(#3)
Well that's it folks, early early exit this morning in 3762nd. Didn't even make it to break...

Raised pre-flop with pocket K's and got called by 2 players and I pushed on the flop with all unders hitting the board, one caller and he managed to hit the runner, runner to make the straight.

Guess the donks win this round, I'll get them tomorrow!

S.Vanzella

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 08:30 AM
(#4)
Good morning everyone, i'm back for some redemption from yesterday and look forward to seeing everyone on the tables. Good luck!

S.Vanzella

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 09:43 AM
(#5)
Yet again, out early in 2661st...

See everyone on Monday, hope the weekend is a good one.

S.Vanzella

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 02:49 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Just curious. Did you reach positive points on any of those games? If the game starts with 10K players, I would think hitting near the 2K mark would get some nominal points.

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 04:39 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
Just curious. Did you reach positive points on any of those games? If the game starts with 10K players, I would think hitting near the 2K mark would get some nominal points.

Basically washes Cairn. He lost 2.29 points for the 3913/10K result and picked up 3.57 points for the 2661/10K finish.

S.Vanzella welcome aboard.

I hate to be like Darth Vader and try to recruit another soul to the dark side but one tip I can give you (provided you aren't already doing it...) is to grind your clock down EVERY hand whilst playing in the Open League if ladder climbing the leaderboard is your goal.

It's non-poker really,but then again in a way it is as a big part of poker is having adaptability to finding the optimum course,or line,to take for the best results. If your goal IS indeed to place as high as possible on the leaderboard for the month then grinding the clock is one of your best allies.

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 06:03 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
That is one difference between some of the other lourneys and the league. If you delay each decision until the clock counts down, you can move up several places. Since the league is a month long grinding contest, that delay might affect your final finish.

As I remember, there was one player who stalled every hand, never played, and still finished high when the school first started. Thought the changes they made regarding the clock back then were still in operation, which negetated his advantage as he finished way down in the last two or three months before Black Friday.

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 06:16 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
That is one difference between some of the other lourneys and the league. If you delay each decision until the clock counts down, you can move up several places. Since the league is a month long grinding contest, that delay might affect your final finish.

As I remember, there was one player who stalled every hand, never played, and still finished high when the school first started. Thought the changes they made regarding the clock back then were still in operation, which negetated his advantage as he finished way down in the last two or three months before Black Friday.

I dunno Cairn. Like you I haven't played in either (stupid US Government ) but from what I hear and read in the Forum clocking it in the Premier League isn't going to work for the most part.

The Open League though? LOL as I post this there is an Open League tourney going that after 1 hour and 13 minutes is on level 9 and has only 1315 of 10,000 original runners left. Over 85% of the field gone. At level 9.

I don't have to play under those parameters to know for sure that clocking is still a very valid strategy in the Open League.

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 08:02 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
[QUOTE=Cairn Destop;301140As I remember, there was one player who stalled every hand, never played, and still finished high when the school first started.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was cosmo. He took down the first month and finished solid every month after that. Clocking and folding will net you many positive points, but it's not going to teach you very much.

Old
Fri Sep 16, 2011, 10:06 PM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2010
Go watch Darkman61 , has scored pozzy points in 33 of 38 games played

Old
Sat Sep 17, 2011, 12:53 PM
(#12)
Thanks guys,

I definitely haven't been running the clock down every hand, I mean, I take my time and never use the checked boxes to make my decisions early or anything. I want to be able to say i played a solid tourney and made it far by making good decisions.

Last night at the 1:00ET tourney i finished 524th, that's my best finish so far but still not the result I want. Although consistency conquers all.

S.Vanzella

Old
Sat Sep 17, 2011, 12:59 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
Go watch Darkman61 , has scored pozzy points in 33 of 38 games played
Thanks Spike, he's in the freeroll that is about to start, i'll keep an eye on him and i'll make sure to KO him if i get the chance.

S.Vanzella

Old
Sat Sep 17, 2011, 07:03 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vanzella89 View Post
Thanks Spike, he's in the freeroll that is about to start, i'll keep an eye on him and i'll make sure to KO him if i get the chance.

S.Vanzella
Chances of us being on the same table? About 0.01%
Chances of us being in the same hand? Maybe 0.001%
Chances of you knocking me out? Definately 0.0001%

Funny

Old
Sat Sep 17, 2011, 07:21 PM
(#15)
Hey I didnt KO you but i did get closer to catching you in the rankings, I finished 138th and sit 2061st in the rankings ATM.

S.Vanzella

Old
Sat Sep 17, 2011, 07:27 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Good luck. It's important to set yourself difficult challenges

Old
Sat Sep 17, 2011, 09:32 PM
(#17)
Since: Mar 2011
vanzella if you get to be a 3rd as good as darkman you will do ok he is a soled player i like alot.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com