Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Im I running really bad or is this normal varience??

Old
Im I running really bad or is this normal varience?? - Sun Sep 18, 2011, 08:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Is being this far below EV normal have i just been really u
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Amount Won in Chips over Hands Played for sean.g.neal.jpg (20.9 KB, 38 views)

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 08:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
still a relatively small sample size.... sure you are running under ev, but you are still winning money! I have a friend who is almost 1000 buyins bekow ev lol so be glad!

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 08:18 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Man I saw the name and instantly thought of some one else,any one else pick that up?

Variance can run on and on,I didnt click on your graph cause Im trying to build up some restraint on clicking on things I shouldnt.

Im guessing the sample is smaller than 20k in hands if cash and less than 1k in tourneys.
Those are your baselines for seeing how you are running and its the very bottom.

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 08:19 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
cool thanks, there is almost 9000 hands there when do you think it might even up?

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 08:22 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Yeah I did a double look too at the name lol... thought we had a bird sighting and its tourney graph but broken down into hands played.... small sample, less than 10000 hands

I know that 100 or so games might seem like a lot but it is really really tiny when trying to figure out truly if you suck, or variance is getting you lol

Keep plugging away op and gl

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 10:55 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2010
It happens
I run real bad in July and August , busted my bankroll to 2c lol
So I just played league games and managed to win 20c on Thursday or Friday
Since then have managed to build my BR upto $16,50 in 2 days
Don't try to hard and have fun

Old
Sun Sep 18, 2011, 11:00 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Yeah sample size is too small to be certain of anything. It could be normal variance, but could just as easily not be. If your graph declined like that over 90,000 hands you could be confident that more than variance is to blame.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com