Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

interesting

Old
interesting - Mon Sep 19, 2011, 09:18 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Well....

Getting called pre was good.

When I seen the K hit I thought this is perfect. As I could easily range the villian on AK.

His call on the turn...ouch...overplaying the AK or a set. What to do? Well, the wrong thing was the answer.

Dale

Old
Mon Sep 19, 2011, 09:29 PM
(#2)
I did mean to place this in the hand analysis forum.

Second dumbazz play of the nite.

Dale

Old
Mon Sep 19, 2011, 09:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
* moved *

Old
Mon Sep 19, 2011, 10:03 PM
(#4)
ty

Dale

Old
Mon Sep 19, 2011, 11:41 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
not much you can do there. The only thing I'd have done different would be to raise more preflop but that won't chase off a pkt pair. When they hit the set and turn it into a cooler hand for you, nothing else you can do.

Old
Mon Sep 19, 2011, 11:46 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Those sets are really hard to read, and aces are a tough hand to muck. I might have been wondering after the call on the turn, though. Why would he make that call without a hand?? Pretty cold deck for you though.

Old
Mon Sep 19, 2011, 11:57 PM
(#7)
Being flatted the whole way through... maybe, possibly,coulda, shoulda....Put him on the set...

Dale

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 02:17 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Raise more preflop. Bet flop. Check/shove turn would probably be my line to get value out of AK/KQ/KJ. Though bet bet bet works okay too. NOTE: AK is unlikely since you have two of the aces already!

You played it fine as a lot of worse hands can call. K9s gets there but that's about it. Readless I think you're playing it wrong if you don't go broke on this hand. If however you had some crazy read that he always calls in position with monsters or monsters and draws and would raise with top pair, then since there are no draws you might be able to save a few chips. But that's pretty farfetched. Also, on what is that, 35 BBs, you should gladly take AA (and AK since it's the same thing really) all the way.

You really needed to get more money in preflop though. It's too early to be 2 x-ing and a 3x raise isn't going to hurt your action any more than 2 x. Plus you want to build a bigger pot because you SHOULD be getting it in here. You have 35 BBs, not 100.

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 01:36 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Everybody's so good in the Premier League - it seems like the only way people are getting eliminated are with dominated hands or coin flips, is that what other people are finding?

• Pocket pair versus pocket pair (with who's ahead sometimes changing after the flop)
    AK vs AQ (with who's ahead sometimes changing after the flop)
    Flush over flush
    Set over set
    AJ+ vs 88+

I wound up in one of the 'classic' tough situations last night too - had QQ and was up against KK and was out early too. Not sure how I could have played it differently except maybe to try and pot-control??

Poker can get kind of frustrating when it turns out my league standing would be better had I just sat out and watched Dancing With the Stars rather than actually attempt to play

Sigh ...

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 07:45 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Everybody's so good in the Premier League - it seems like the only way people are getting eliminated are with dominated hands or coin flips, is that what other people are finding?
Good or nitty?

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 10:22 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
Good or nitty?

Nitty to Maniac

Dale

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com