Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

VPPs

Old
VPPs - Tue Sep 20, 2011, 01:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
What is the best way to get 20VPPs? Is it better to play cash games or enter tournaments
Thanks

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 01:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
THE ONE THAT YOUR BEST AT SO YOU DON'T LOSE MONEY GETTING THEM

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 03:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
Omaha low cash tables (1/2 or 2/5 cents).

Works fine for me.

Good luck!

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 08:51 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
There are several threads in the bankroll management section on this topic. You'll find most of the members will claim the ring games give you the fastest, and cheapest, means of getting the VPPS you need if you want just twenty.

Rings:
Most important thing to remember is that you earn VPPS by folding your hand. Do not sit out since that earns nothing. Try finding tables that have an average over 20¢ per hand since there is no rake if the pots are lower. Small tables, (6 players), have more hands, but can have wild fluctuations for pots. Larger tables will usually have more raked pots, but fewer hands on an hourly basis.

Many members say Omaha and Omaha H/L earn the points faster since the pots go over the minimum so often, even at the lowest levels.

Tourneys:
This route can be the more expensive one since the VPPS are based on the number following the plus sign. If you cannot consistently make it to the money, you might want to avoid this option.

Though you want to earn these free, anticipate a cost. The idea is to set a maximum amount that you can afford. When the Americans could play, I found my worse month had me earning these VPPS at a cost of 10¢ each. The other three months had me getting them at a cost below what I earned as an active player in the league, which made the net cost zero.

Last edited by Cairn Destop; Tue Sep 20, 2011 at 10:05 AM..

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 11:25 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Be CRYSTAL CLEAR in what your objective is. If it's nothing but garnishing your 20 VPP's to increase your potential League payouts each month for the time being that's perfectly fine and a sound game plan. Stick to it and keep that objective in mind first and foremost when you sit down.

For that to be you primary (sole?) focus means that you are probably working with a short BR,like $10 or less. If that's indeed the case then you cannot afford to put that money at risk, a couple bad sessions could leave you Busto. My advice in that case is to load up 3 .01/.02 PL Omaha tables at a time and fold,fold,fold. Make sure you are not sitting out and are dealt into every hand.Take your time finding the right tables (you want the biggest pots and the highest percentage of players seeing the flop in combination---these will be the tables that get you your points in the least amount of hands played).

A good middle ground option to the 6 max/FR dilemma may be to try the FR Fast tables,there are typically only 2-3 going at the .01/.02 PL levels but it gives you the advantage of potentially bigger pots and the blinds coming around less frequently mixed with the a higher volume of hands than you would see at a normal speed FR table.

Keep in mind that VPP's earned count towards the following month (any you get this month count in October,October's in November,etc...) as far as your League prize structures go. And they must be earned each month.

As far as SNG/MTT play goes keep in mind that you have to play at least the .50 + .05 MTT's to garner any points (.28 only) and that while SNG's start paying as low as the .09 + .01 360's and 240 PLO's they only pay .06 VPP's per entry. In other words you would have to play 334 of them to reach 20 VPP's,or the .25 45/90 man SNG you would need to play 182 at a rate of .11 VPP's per entry. So neither of these are a particularly viable option. The single table SNG's pay much better but the lowest level buy-in is $1.50 so that may not be an option for you.

So really on a very low BR of $10 or less the rings are simply far and away the best option available to you,but keep your objective in mind---get the VPP's without putting your funds at risk. Remember you're already engaging in bad BR management just by playing rings at all on so short an amount of buy-ins,if this is the case. So play for what your intent is only--to get your VPP's.

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 12:07 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Enter the 15m versions of the new survivor tournaments that offer an equal share of 50% of the prize fund or your buy in returned, with the remainder allocated by chip percentage, but DON'T play any hands. Avoid the games where all of the prize fund is allocated by chip percentage. You'll get a ROI of approximately 15% at NO risk to your bankroll, providing you can resist the temptation to play pocket rockets. Nineteen games will get you the desired number of VPP's.

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 12:13 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by manx999 View Post
What is the best way to get 20VPPs? Is it better to play cash games or enter tournaments
Thanks
The simple answer is to play games you and your bankroll are comfortable with
The idea whilst playing is to turn a profit , not to gain vpp's
If in the process of playing you are winning then the vpp's will follow
Example : I had 2c in my account last thursday and NO vpp's
I won 22 or 23c in a freeroll , long story short I now have over $10 in my account and 17.3 vpp's after only 4 days having fun in 50/fiftys n .25c 45 man sng's
Don't be blinkered by vpp's go have fun and make some money

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 12:21 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Enter the 15m versions of the new survivor tournaments that offer an equal share of 50% of the prize fund or your buy in returned, with the remainder allocated by chip percentage, but DON'T play any hands. Avoid the games where all of the prize fund is allocated by chip percentage. You'll get a ROI of approximately 15% at NO risk to your bankroll, providing you can resist the temptation to play pocket rockets. Nineteen games will get you the desired number of VPP's.
LMAO, that is absolutely nuts...How often do they run? I would load up 50 at a time

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com