(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Yup, look at the thread below this...

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 11:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
I did crack up at the top article on the right under news for you though---Pat Boone insists Obama born in Kenya.

LOL and here I thought Pat Boone dropped effing dead 30 years ago....oh wait,that was his "career." Guess there weren't any more Little Richard and Chuck Berry songs left for him to rip off/ruin.

Pat Boone=useless POS.

Old
Tue Sep 20, 2011, 11:52 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
I did crack up at the top article on the right under news for you though---Pat Boone insists Obama born in Kenya.

LOL and here I thought Pat Boone dropped effing dead 30 years ago....oh wait,that was his "career." Guess there weren't any more Little Richard and Chuck Berry songs left for him to rip off/ruin.

Pat Boone=useless POS.
That's not true. Pat Boone is great at selling gold on Fox. Erm.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 12:35 AM
(#5)
Still miss fulltilt/..was my 1st 'big' poker site..

That said /.. ' what's the bet that the same "allegations" won't stick against stars , and pso/../..cause PSO and stars are the best places to learn , and play/..just wish PSO would change the variety of games , and make the free-rolls run every 2 hours with 5k players/..then it would be perfect...

nic

Last edited by nicdabull; Wed Sep 21, 2011 at 12:53 AM..

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 01:08 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
First of Hemet if you would stop yelling and open your eyes you would see I posted about this early afternoon already.

And nic,,nic nic nic,how can you even begin to compare PokerStars and FullTilt.While both companies have been shut down by the DoJ in the US. I am pretty sure FT can't be played on anywhere right now and most likey is a thing of the past.Run by shady peeps who I hope spend a long time behind bars for there efforts.

LONG LIVE PokerStars.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 01:32 AM
(#7)
nic no allegations even remotely comparable to what's being made against FT are being made against Stars,nor would I expect them to be. Stars PAID it's American players the money they were owed---with no problems and no hemming and hawing on their end. FT apparently was more concerned,much more seemingly,with taking care of themselves than their customers. Even were they to escape the worst of the charges that are pending with many more likely to come,I sincerely doubt that they would be able to find too many takers willingly to entrust them with a deposit ever again.

Is Stars still facing the original charges of bank fraud,et al? Yeah,but if Stars was committing a fraud just who the Hell were they defrauding?

Here's hoping the US market,once regulated and legal for all,has a place at the table for Stars. I think I can safely say for most everyone here that we all want to play on a truly global site. One without cartoon character avatars and seemingly more cartoonish owners.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Wed Sep 21, 2011 at 01:35 AM..

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 04:10 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
PStars is obviously being charged with the crime of letting nicdabull change his avatar a few too many times.

Small head/big glasses. No/zero profanity makes words that I say mean something that I might say sometime before when I say them/? mean what I say when I say it.

Do/what/now?

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 08:55 AM
(#9)
Don't want to argue this point..\\

I said "FT was my 1st", and now PokerStars is the best place to play/..no other/..and by definition I said PokerStars was unfairly judged, by a one eyed banded country..

nic

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 12:23 PM
(#10)
Reading back over this today the thing that jumps out at me the most (besides the blatant charlatanism of the principals involved at FT that is...) is this statement from U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara:

"Full Tilt was not a legitimate poker company,but a global Ponzi scheme."

So is he inferring by comparison that Stars IS a legitimate poker company since he didn't mention them in this statement? And even more broadly is he saying that there IS such a thing as legitimate on-line poker?

Thinking that at the end of the day the way Stars has comported themselves vis-a-vis their US customers may be,besides the right and honorable thing to do ,a good business decision as well.

I know I would be back here in a nanosecond with an even stronger sense of the legitimacy of this company.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 01:46 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Here's hoping the US market,once regulated and legal for all,has a place at the table for Stars. I think I can safely say for most everyone here that we all want to play on a truly global site.
+1

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 01:46 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
This whole thing is just enough to piss me off good. After reading brkn's article, I never picked up on the ponzi scheme either. Now after reading this one...FT, you can keep the 30 bucks i had and kiss my you know what.
I'll never go back there, as if they would be back.
I now have no respect for those mentioned here.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 03:38 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
The thing that makes this story so scary is that the officers on the other site assured the players all moneys were maintained in a separate account. The other site said the money was protected. They claimed their regulators required such separate accounting. Then we learn the opposite is true.

This site has said the same thing regarding player's funds. Then I recalled what happened after Black Friday. Full Tilt couldn't meet its financial obligations when they were forced to refund money. PokerStars refunded the money and continued operations as usual. It should tell everyone which site lived up to its obligations.

If nothing else, it should inspire confidence in the site's management, and its regulators.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 07:28 PM
(#14)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
This whole thing is just enough to piss me off good. After reading brkn's article, I never picked up on the ponzi scheme either. Now after reading this one...FT, you can keep the 30 bucks i had and kiss my you know what.
I'll never go back there, as if they would be back.
I now have no respect for those mentioned here.

One REALLY positive thing in this article for all whom had cash still with FT.....

Jesus and The Professor should get along REAL well in a Federal Pen

Dale

Old
Thu Sep 22, 2011, 03:04 AM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
CHRIS SAID IT'S NOT SO

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanva...?feed=rss_home

AND IF SOMEONE POSTED THIS SOMEWHERE ELSE AND I MISSED IT
SO SORRY

Old
Thu Sep 22, 2011, 04:01 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
CHRIS SAID IT'S NOT SO

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanva...?feed=rss_home

AND IF SOMEONE POSTED THIS SOMEWHERE ELSE AND I MISSED IT
SO SORRY

Wow. Love this one.

Not; "My client did nothing wrong." More; "Stop calling what my client did bad names." Whooooooops.

Pretty sure nobody can argue that Ferguson is a dummy. So, ignorance isn't a valid defense here.

Ugh. What a shame.

Stars looks better and better each day. Other than it being totally rigged, of course.

Old
Thu Sep 22, 2011, 08:32 AM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
The thing that makes this story so scary is that the officers on the other site assured the players all moneys were maintained in a separate account. The other site said the money was protected. They claimed their regulators required such separate accounting. Then we learn the opposite is true.
The lesson for everyone smart enough to learn it should be this:

Never trust something is true only because the one(s) interested in you believing it tell(s) you so.

You know, stuff like you're money's safe with us, the number generator is totally random, etc. You want to know why are we located in the middle of nowhere, answer to no one and you have no actions against us in case you get screwed ? Don't worry about that, just give us your money, we're a trustworthy company, we promise.

Old
Thu Sep 22, 2011, 08:49 AM
(#18)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
FTP gave their customers $130,000,000 in play money on the real money tables.... that is sickening.

This whole situation is a huge setback for getting US players back in the game. If the second largest poker site was this messed up why would any politician argue for our right to play. Really dissapointing.

Old
Thu Sep 22, 2011, 10:18 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
An even more interesting footnote to this news article. It has been five months, plus a few days, since Black Friday. In that time, the judiciary has done nothing more than amend the outstanding charges. The case hasn't even gotten to the pretrial stage yet. Methinks this is going to be a long time just coming to trial.

As to the legislative stepping in, this is an election year. Poker has too low a priority right now. To quote Mel Brooks, from the movie Blazing Saddles:

"Gentlemen, we have got to do something to protect our phoney-baloney jobs!"

Old
Thu Sep 22, 2011, 10:24 AM
(#20)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Yeah Cairn my current understanding of the situation is that there is 0% chance of gaining any ground politically until after elections. Sure it will still be a very slow process even after that.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com