Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Hey i'm new

Old
Hey i'm new - Wed Sep 21, 2011, 03:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Hey All,

I've been playing bad poker for some months now and i found out about this pokerschool.
I wonder if there is anyone who wants to chat whilst playing, so i dont get bored.

I will participate in as many pokerschool freerolls as i can so it would be fun to play in the same tournament. Maybe you have some good tips that i can use as well.

Hope to hear from some of you guys.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 09:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the league and the forum.
Thanks for the intro.
You should check out the live training where you can ask question while a trainer goes through hands. You can also look at the lessons they've logged in the archives.
There's a lot to see and check out so take your time.
Lots of great people here so don't hesitate to ask any questions.
Be sure to look through all the tabs, including the league one to get all the info on the different setups.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 09:04 AM
(#3)
Thanks for the welcome, i was planning on participating in tonights live training sessions. Been here and there on the forum as well. currently playing the pokerschool freeroll that started 5 minutes ago already at 2000 chips

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 09:49 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
welcome to p s o tiber. you picked a great place to come learn the game. there's a ton of info here on numerous, numerous, subjects. is there something you can't find just post it here or beginners questions and somebody will surely help you get the info you seek. Enjoy! see ya around, and stack em high! MT

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 10:14 AM
(#5)
thanks for the welcome currently in the money already, dropped from 20k to 10k.

Still looking for someone to chat about Poker just for fun while playing poker

edit: ended 1136, still need to learn to controll my reckless bluffing... does anybody know when the rankings are updated?

Last edited by XxTiberxX; Wed Sep 21, 2011 at 10:18 AM..

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 10:42 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post

edit: ended 1136, still need to learn to controll my reckless bluffing...
the open league is NO place for that! At least not till u r reeeally deep, and from what I hear about it, even then you should be playing really solid poker. check out some of the older threads in the general forums about tactics for the open skill league. that should give you a pretty good idea of the monotony you need to indure to do well in that league. GL

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 11:41 AM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2011
put the players up in the top 5 spots and take note how day play you will pick it up quick. wotch bobythe fish thats how you play the open

Last edited by BUZZLIYEAR; Wed Sep 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM..

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 12:29 PM
(#8)
thx for the advice, im gonna poker all evening and keep my results in a blog, btw anyone that wants to add me on skype to chat: tiberxxx

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 01:41 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
thx for the advice, im gonna poker all evening and keep my results in a blog....
Just make sure she's ok with having it in a blog.

couldn't resist.

Old
Thu Sep 22, 2011, 11:27 AM
(#10)
who is and why shouldnt i keep it in a blog? :P

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 09:40 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
hi im new and is wonderin how to get one of these tickets so i can enter this freeroll and i want to play more poker but dont know how to go about it?

Old
Question
hi - Wed Sep 28, 2011, 03:05 AM
(#12)
Hey how did you end up in the tournry.I played in my 6th yesteray and i ended up 14th for my first cash out...

Old
Wed Sep 28, 2011, 04:52 AM
(#13)
somehow i keep failing in these freerolls, monkeys calling me with bad hole cards and then beating me on the river

Old
Wed Sep 28, 2011, 04:56 AM
(#14)
but i found a new challenge now, playing 1,50 fifty50 SNG's are the first thing in 3 years that i make a profit of, problem is im not much of a patience guy so i cant just play poker to sit and watching.

So now i play WoW and play poker on a second screen and just keep folding and playing untill i get good cards

Old
Wed Sep 28, 2011, 05:19 AM
(#15)
Weird, first time i read the SNG course the whole thing then made the quiz and failed with 1 error too many.

Now 1 week later i try it again without reading the SNG course whatsover and pass with 73%... with just filling in what i would do personally.

Old
Wed Sep 28, 2011, 05:34 AM
(#16)
Since: Aug 2011
my failing was the fixed limit course.not a game i play tbh.passed it 2nd time though.
100% for thr SNG quiz first time of asking.lord knows how i'm rubbish at SNG's lol

Last edited by MrWarburton; Wed Sep 28, 2011 at 05:38 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com