Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Bankroll Managment

Old
Bankroll Managment - Wed Sep 21, 2011, 07:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Hey Guys!

Please help me out with how i can get my bankroll managment under control! I keep getting drawn to the more expensive games which are swallowing my bank roll very fast! I can afford to deposit maybe 80 dollars a week but am sick of doing this every week with my returns low!
I consider myself (when focused) a preety good player and i feel this is why i like playing the tourneys with $20 - $50 buy ins!
I really like playing MTT's but would also play SNG's ! Please give me some advice on how to stop wasteing my cash! My starting bankroll will be approx $120 - $150 !

All advice welcome!

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 08:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
only play MTT if you have the time and the energy for it. otherwise play SNG's they are easier to get to the money. or play cash tables so you can profit directly without having to play X ammount of hours.

Myself I wasted ~200 dollar on various tournaments only to not make it through to the money.
Started yesterday with cash tables and i really enjoy them, making some money underway as well. Now i only play the pokerschool freerolls.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 09:05 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the forum Grinder.
Look through the bankroll management forum.
This is a good one to start with.
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-Bankroll-Tips

Bankroll management is key to enjoying yourself, along with winning, so be sure to apply some good principles.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 09:25 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Divide your current buy-in range by 10. Bump it up some after cashing a few times and building your bankroll. My quick 2c...

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
My advice would be to take advantage of the league promotions with the starting bankroll you have if you dont want to deposit again.

Your first targets each month should be to qualify for the Premier League and earn at least 20 VPP.

You could do this by playing in the Qualifier League or the Open League, if you play in the Open League you will need to earn your points another way, with $150 bankroll I would not play above $3 entry .

Take advantage of the prize money on offer in the leagues to build your bankroll, so you dont have to keep depositing.

Good Luck.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 06:37 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
Drop down to a level where you can can consistantly (sp?) win, and take it from there.

Even if this means going down to the 25 cent S&G's.

Work your way up and better your game along the way.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com