Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

FPP Rebuy Tournament - Shovefest

Old
FPP Rebuy Tournament - Shovefest - Wed Sep 21, 2011, 01:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hello All,

I'm looking for opinions on the hand below. I'm in middle position with 1 limper before me. I raise AKs 3.5x and expect shoves or raises behind me given the way the tournament had been going. Most of the people who end up in the hand had been shoving with ATC since the start of the tournament.

I had been playing decent hands up to this point but lost my first buy-in with 99 to ATo. I did a double rebuy at that point and doubled up with 99 on my very next hand. I had been quiet from that point for about 2 rotations.

I should had that it was a turbo tournament with a 30 minute rebuy period (5m levels).

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Jcrondps; Wed Sep 21, 2011 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: Only pasted part of the hand.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 02:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Looks fine to me though I probably just open-shove. It's a freebuy. you'll get called by all sorts of crap and you have the equity edge here always. You need to be trying to build the biggest stack possible early on. Getting AK suited in there is a good way to go about it. AK suited is pretty good at winning multiway pots.

Old
Wed Sep 21, 2011, 02:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
rebuy turbo, just shove

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com