Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Bad Luck or Bad Play

Old
Bad Luck or Bad Play - Thu Sep 22, 2011, 05:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
This was the third hand in the Open Freeroll. Now normally I play very tight early due as I wish to earn positive points for the standings, did I play this wrong?

S.Vanzella

Old
Thu Sep 22, 2011, 06:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Always wrong to play JK early in the Open Freerolls. Folding preflop is the best option. Calling with JK into a hand with 6 or 7 opponents is going to get you into trouble in any NLHE game. OK you hit a big trips hand and then you are ahead most of the time, so are unfortunate to lose this particular hand, but if you are looking for league points you should not be risking chips on a hand like JK at this stage of the tourney. It is all about patience and discipline until 75% of the field are busted.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Thu Sep 22, 2011, 06:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
But at least it gave you a chance to report alex for chip dumping

Old
Thu Sep 22, 2011, 10:03 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
For more responses, you should be sure to place your threads in the correct forum V.
This one is for asking pros questions...though I don't see too many answer.
You want to put these in the hand analysis forum.

And I agree, dump the JK off early.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 11:21 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
the hand pretty much played itself. In my opinion you couldn't have done anything to avoid the outcome. You got unlucky your opponent floped a fullhouse. happened to me too!
I thought they were both drawing for a flush, but one had 33 and the other one had A8offsuit LOOOOOL!

Old
bad luck or bad play - Mon Nov 28, 2011, 04:17 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
i think kj is not a good hand to play early if raised preflop but with no raises i think it was bad luck not bad play

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 06:55 AM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
When facing a raise and a caller u have to assume here that your set is beat, you only had a medium kicker, what if the op had AK? If you had folded pref you would not be in this situation.

BTW this needs moving

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com