Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Wow...

Old
Wow... - Thu Sep 22, 2011, 09:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Started reading this well (life story) on 2p2 http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/61...-well-1006381/ This guy... I mean kid, started playing on stars and tilt when he was 13!! he tells of flying to vegas with his dad, to pick up 10 grand from Jimmy Fricke Gobbo a hell of a player, and a mod on 2p2, who knew he was dealing with a 13 year old....

He also lets out this juicy nugget that Bax and Sheets, probably the biggest stakers in poker, require all of their horses to have multiple accounts... 1 for cash, 1 for tourneys...

Oh and stars found out that he was underage, and banned him for a short time....

And people think that stars is so great?? maybe the best of a bad lot! Lets get this chit regulated and fast... no wonder poker has such a bad image to the general masses

Old
Fri Sep 23, 2011, 01:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
He also lets out this juicy nugget that Bax and Sheets, probably the biggest stakers in poker, require all of their horses to have multiple accounts... 1 for cash, 1 for tourneys...
No surprise considering the amounts these guys are putting up. It's called segregation of player funds. Shame others didn't follow this example

I haven't read the article, but the accounts are normally at separate sites. If he's claiming they were both at Stars, well, I don't think that would have been at Bax request.

Quote:
Oh and stars found out that he was underage, and banned him for a short time....

And people think that stars is so great?? maybe the best of a bad lot! Lets get this chit regulated and fast... no wonder poker has such a bad image to the general masses
A short time? Until he was 18?

I don't think Stars is "great" per se. I view it just as I do any other other business. But I do believe it's a professional operation with high standards. You can't blame them if their customers look to take advantage of them. It happens to businesses in whichever area they operate whatever safeguards they implement. In this respect the problem is "us", not the company offering the service or product.

And as for the bad image. Well, I don't know how it's currently viewed by the American public, but I can tell you that in the UK it's never been more "acceptable" and it's popularity continues to grow month in month out.

Sorry roomik. Don't ever remember previously disagreeing with EVERYTHING you've said

Old
Fri Sep 23, 2011, 08:42 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
No surprise considering the amounts these guys are putting up. It's called segregation of player funds. Shame others didn't follow this example

I haven't read the article, but the accounts are normally at separate sites. If he's claiming they were both at Stars, well, I don't think that would have been at Bax request.

A short time? Until he was 18?

I don't think Stars is "great" per se. I view it just as I do any other other business. But I do believe it's a professional operation with high standards. You can't blame them if their customers look to take advantage of them. It happens to businesses in whichever area they operate whatever safeguards they implement. In this respect the problem is "us", not the company offering the service or product.

And as for the bad image. Well, I don't know how it's currently viewed by the American public, but I can tell you that in the UK it's never been more "acceptable" and it's popularity continues to grow month in month out.

Sorry roomik. Don't ever remember previously disagreeing with EVERYTHING you've said
multiple accounts required on the same site, stars found out he was playing for 5 years underage... and winning huge amounts, and withdrawing and have suspended his account from making transfers only for 3 months... full tilt just did nothing lol not unexpected.

And no you cant blame them if their customers are scumbags, but when they find out and do basically nothing, then to me that says a lot about them... and as to safeguards, they have them as we know, but in the case of this high volume, winning player they chose to not use them...

And as to their image in the US, they really dont have one, but things like this coming to light, will only fuel the right wing, conservative, religious zealots... who still hold a lot of sway in the political arena, and they will hold their press conferences, on the doorsteps of the hotels they just left with an underage hooker to tell how online gambling is the devils creation

Anyways, that is why I posted the link, to spark a debate

Old
Fri Sep 23, 2011, 10:40 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Interesting.... I wrote up a super big post for this, but I'm too busy reading through this kid's thread. Still got 50 more pages to go...

Old
Fri Sep 23, 2011, 10:41 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
Interesting.... I wrote up a super big post for this, but I'm too busy reading through this kid's thread. Still got 50 more pages to go...
lol 50 pages, what a noob

Old
Fri Sep 23, 2011, 10:42 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
And he changes his toon a little after some flaming, but as some pointed out not as much as some random 2p2'er because he is a hero there

Old
Fri Sep 23, 2011, 01:11 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
lol i am more amazed about people who looked surprised by these things!!

Where u can make money there are alway's people trying to make a scam and make hughe profits. Arms, drugs, gambling, prostitution even trade markets ec.

in Europe the politicians made the biggest score ever and no one cares or is able to do anything!!

they invented the "Euro"

for example i am from holland and we had the good old "guilder" and lets say i earned 3000 of them in a month. and a bread costed me 1.50. now the introduced this new shiny coin. and suddenly i earned 1500 euro's but the bread was still almost 1.50 but now it was in euro's.

this was for expanses made for the change!!

well the bad news is that this jokers made a lot of people filthy rich and europe is having crisis after crisis with the first op the countries who joined is almost bankrupt lol

so i am not realy amazed that that there is a 13 year old trying to rip people off if the 50ers are doing the same

Old
Fri Sep 23, 2011, 06:12 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
lol 50 pages, what a noob
Yessir!

Haven't read any further yet, but I must say that thread really shows the poor judgement that kid has. Not only is he publicly stating all of the TOS breaking activities he has been involved in on several sites, but some of what he has done is probably illegal. On top of that, he is accusing other people of doing the same. On top of that(!!!!), he is pointing out that his stakers knew he was underage when they staked him! That not only conveys his stakers as unethical scumbags, but I'm pretty sure what they did was illegal. They might not be too happy he is revealing all of this to the public.

I really don't understand why he is getting backed so much? If he is so good why not just do it on your own? I mean, getting backed means a lot less variance for you, but it means a lot less profits in the end as well. If he was pulling well over 100k in less that a year playing HU cash or whatever, just stake yourself man.

Old
Fri Sep 23, 2011, 06:15 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
yes it is quite a read, a real eye opener... and on 2p2 go to your control panel and make it 100 posts per page, then it only like 9 pages

Old
Fri Sep 23, 2011, 06:39 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Damn noobs

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com